What's new

Longest national expressway system in the world

This is a good thread, unfortunate to see it's started being another dick measuring/trolling contest as always. :disagree:

To be honest though, having been to India and China, I will agree that India's infrastructure 0and even more so roads are nowhere even close to that of China at all, the two are in different leagues. Surprisingly, when I visited Turkey and , Malaysia, I was shocked to see they have far better infrastructure than India. I think one reason for this as my friend @Echo_419 said previous Indian governments didn't focus on infrastructure prior to the mid 2000s, they started fairly recently , which was a foolish decision that has been holding the country back from fully taping it's full potential. It's even a miracle it's still grew /growing this fast. So as Indian government prioritises it's infrastructure investments, I'm sure things will change in the coming decades. :cheers:

But for now, there is no need comparing with China(only east Asian powers like S. Korea, Japan have better infrastructure than the Chinese, well those i have been to) . In fact it's not just India though, south Asia for some reason lags far behind east Asia in all fields.well considering the south and East Asian countries i have been to. So Lots of catch up to do. But I believe it's doable if they are determined . :cheers:
In regional development forum like bbs.cnHubei, netizens from different parts of Hubei Province compare everything between counties and cities, even using the number of Starbucks and Wanda Plazas to prove their local economy having been recognised by certain brands. I don't know the situation of other counties, will comparison leads to self-content? But here in China, comparison is incentives. In some cases, it leads to bloody pro-development demonstrations.
The modern railway protection movement of China

Last edited:
Very soon, China's total will double that of the US.

China's development is still at its initial stage. China will dwarf the US in terms of infrastructure development.
We have a lot of people to move around so having the biggest, longest, best infrastructure is a major priority. It won't surprise me if our highways triple the size of the US in the next twenty years.

But half of the roads in India aren't roads. They are called mud tracks. I've been to India. You can't deny I am wrong. :coffee::coffee:
That is correct. Our classification of roads/highways are based on world standard but India's are based on their own standard.

Offcorse we know that we are behind the Chinese no Indian denies this fact but now the situation is changing very fast

Surprisingly, when I visited Turkey and , Malaysia, I was shocked to see they have far better infrastructure than India.

India is even behind Malaysia.
Malaysia expressway totaled 1,800km. That's more than India.

India is even behind Malaysia.
Malaysia expressway totaled 1,800km. That's more than India.

Like I said genius we only started to focus on Road development in a serious way in 2000s but by 2025 around 15,000 Km of expressways will be added to the system

OK dude let me give you some examples when China extends a loan or a grant to a host country say Pakistan it ensures that Chinese companies play a significant role in building the Infra project like Gwadar port & hundreds of other projects like Roads & power plantsplants.
Now in the same way when Japan extends o loan or a grant it makes sure that Japanese companies build them, we also have many clauses to ensure Indian companies learn from these things but in this particular case (Roads sector) there is a massive fund crunch that's why we are encouraging foreign investment is this sector.
You tell me if you give me a loan to buy a bread becuz I don't have money to buy bread won't you ensure that I buy bread from your bakery

Check out post 114 of my comment in here
Japan gets contract to build strategeic roads on Indo-China border | Page 8

images

Don't worry failed state Pakistan! Superpower India is building its expressway network only now.

Till 2000 our Governments rarely spent on Highways, let alone expressways.

your supa highways dont even match failed pakistan's expressways n motorways lol wants to compete china lol :lol::lol:

India currently has nearly 950 KM of expressway only, nearly 3,500 KM of expressways are under contruction and Government of India plans to add additional 15,000 KM of expressway by 2022. We'll join the list soon :)
India should be at 3rd position by 2022

Total Expressway in India is 1,324 km.

Source
Expressways in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is not updated list....Bangalore to Chennai (350 km) and Bangalore to Coimbatore (340 km) is not included here

In 67 years you've built 950km.......and you think India can build 15,000 in just 7 years?

Umm okay.

ROFL LMAO

If you want a serious answer, here it is.

There is no concept in India of "expressways" The term is strictly reserved for 6-8 lane roads that connect 2 nearby cities. For long distance travel, there are over 100,000 km of National Highways, with 12 KM being added everyday. These highways are 4-6 lane roads and not much different from expressways. Also, there are over 200,000km of State Highways. Most state highways are only 2 lane roads, but many of them have been upgraded/are being upgraded to 4 lane.

Some National Highways

National Highway 5

NH5.jpg

National Highway 73
NH_73_from_Bangalore.JPG

National Highway 47

Salem_NH47_trumpet_exchange.jpg

NH-65

IMG_20150516_WA0017.jpg

NH-44

15285730066_49f067211c_b.jpg

NH-45
indianroads4.jpg

ahmedbaroda1.jpg

State Highways

Some recently built State Highway in Bihar

6-300-million-ADB-loan-to-upgrade-Highways-in-Bihar.jpg

So it's not that for 67 years, nothing has been done. Obviously they are not as charming and glamorous as the famed, the pinnacle of human engineering achievement and the pride for millions of pakistanis- The Lahore-Islamabad Motorway, but they serve us as they are.

Last edited:
But half of the roads in India aren't roads. They are called mud tracks. I've been to India. You can't deny I am wrong. :coffee::coffee:
By that aspect your roads have to be called parking lots!!

Why they cant just lend you the money and you build the road by yourselves? like to award the construction contract to the company that Nair has quoted below? Have you guys approached ADB and got rejected?

images

Then we would lose all the fun of watching people like you burn!!! it is lot more fun to let your arch enemy on the border.. hows that medicine?

Then we would lose all the fun of watching people like you burn!!! it is lot more fun to let your arch enemy on the border.. hows that medicine?

Nothing to worry man as long as the project is finally handed over to the Indians to operate

images

Nothing to worry man as long as the project is finally handed over to the Indians to operate

images
The project would never be completed! It will get all the addons so that the japanese can stay on the border. That is the point.

Map of Pakistan Motorways

M5.JPG

M1 - The Afghan border ( Khyber Pass ) > Peshawar > Islamabad > M2 > Lahore > Indian border
West-East Link M1, M2 was began in 1993 and completed in 2010. Therefore you can now drive from Afgan border across Pakistan to Indian border on 8 lane controled access motorways.

M3, M4, M5 completed to Multan. From south the Karachi > Hyderabad M9 completed. The middle section needs to be completed and work is in progress. When this is completed You will be able to drive from norh to south port of Katachi on Motorways.

Motorways - In Pakistan are expressways that meet British standard of Motorways and always have M prefix.

These are above the normal roads trans-country roads that are prefixed N ( National ) these can be 2, 4 or 6 lane. The differance between M and N roads is the N tend to have sharper turning and also lot of times go through towns. The old GT road is N road and has been converted to 4 lane. On the map above N roads are marked in blue and M are marked green. Some examples of N roads ..

images

34668396.jpg

1265416840_403c3d0d7e_b.jpg

images

As can be seen the N standard expressways are lower

A example of Motorway meeting the higher standard ( speed limit 70mph normal)

A example of N road ( called expressway in Pakistan ) of lower standard. ( speed limit 50-60mph average )

However with the recent unveiling of the CPEC ( China Pakistan Economic Corridor ) things are about to take off. Since the launch of the Motorways project in 1993 we have just managed to complete about 600 miles of Motorways with about 2,000 miles of N ( National ) class expressways roads. The N expressway below goes through some extreme mountain ranges climbing nearly 6,000 ft in 40 miles thus is more twisty then most N expressways.

Pakistan-China-Economic-Corridor-CPEC-route-map.jpg

China–Pakistan Economic Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*Will people stop the India/Pak match NOW please.

Last edited:
N55 Coast Highway. Balochistan. Karachi to Iran along Arabian Sea. Note this is not M but N road.

MakranCoastalHighway.jpg

On_way_to_Kund_malir_Beach_via_Buzi_Pass_vpcps.jpg

6086904_qhslm.jpg

tumblr_lpdqq1x6kG1qipus9o2_500.jpg

1508460d1416894099-ktgs-trip-heavenly-beautiful-makran-coastal-highway-till-buzi-pass-img_7751.jpg

Makran_Coast_37_.jpg

814027d1204444860-pakistans-best-driving-roads-beach_p2j_pakwheels-com-.jpg

257242d1308749444-top-15-most-beautiful-roads-astro_trip_may_10-267.jpg

With Arabian Sea on one side and lunar landscape of Balochistan on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom