What's new

Longest national expressway system in the world

India currently has nearly 950 KM of expressway only, nearly 3,500 KM of expressways are under contruction and Government of India plans to add additional 15,000 KM of expressway by 2022. We'll join the list soon :)

In 67 years you've built 950km.......and you think India can build 15,000 in just 7 years?

Umm okay.

ROFL LMAO

Oh id love to drive through your province ! Ive already driven through Guangdong, Fujian, Hainan, lol.
Wow, I would love to drive in Hainan.
On this costal expressway of Hainan Island?
1332932617.jpg
IMG_3950.jpg
201402190858219348.jpg
116960594_11n.jpg

I prefer to drive than take train because driving you get to enjoy the beauty of each town to pass through.
When driving on expressway, you won't pass through towns unless exit the expressway...If u choose national or provincial highways, mostly they are directly through urban areas of a county. I prefer to take HSR and take photos of parallel roads.

Top Ten Largest Road Networks List (Ranking Wise )
Rank Country Roads in km
1. USA 6,506,204
2. China 4,193,000
3. India 4,020,000
4. Brazil 1,751,868
5. Japan 1,210,251
6. Canada 1,042,300
7. Russia 982,000
8. France 951,200
9. Austria 823,217
10. Spain 681,298
- See more at: Largest Road Network in The World | Top Ten Road Networks | WhichCountry.co

Ashok sahib,

Please go back to that cave where you come from. This thread is about highways-high speed roads....and not general purpose roads.

View attachment 226350 View attachment 226362 View attachment 226354View attachment 226352

When driving on expressway, you won't pass through towns unless exit the expressway...If u choose national or provincial highways, mostly they are directly through urban areas of a county. I prefer to take HSR and take photos of parallel roads.
Beautiful roads.Pleasure for a civil engineer to watch this gigantic structure.

Ashok sahib,

Please go back to that cave where you come from. This thread is about highways-high speed roads....and not general purpose roads.
But Dontello saheb considering size of America,China,Canada which are 3 time larger than India and Russia which may be 10 times larger than us our road network may not be expressway type but considering size of nation is biggest in the world.Try to think Mr think tank analyst.

Beautiful roads.Pleasure for a civil engineer to watch this gigantic structure.

But Dontello saheb considering size of America,China,Canada which are 3 time larger than India and Russia which may be 10 times larger than us our road network may not be expressway type but considering size of nation is biggest in the world.Try to think Mr think tank analyst.
But half of the roads in India aren't roads. They are called mud tracks. I've been to India. You can't deny I am wrong. :coffee::coffee:

But half of the roads in India aren't roads. They are called mud tracks. I've been to India. You can't deny I am wrong. :coffee::coffee:
But you don't even have mud road considering size of your nation.

Their definition of roads are different, including lanes, tracks, etc. If China and US use their criteria, the number is at least ten times. We have very strict definition, it's not our thing to make number beautiful.

Very soon, China's total will double that of the US.

China's development is still at its initial stage. China will dwarf the US in terms of infrastructure development.

Yes, despite China is still developing, please note expressway is just one of many infrastructures that China already tops the world by now. Anyway as @AndrewJin has said, in the coming years most development will be concentrated in inland areas.

View attachment 226350 View attachment 226362 View attachment 226354View attachment 226352

Jin-Senpai,

Maybe we can cross country drive together in China someday? Would love to have a professional tour buddy go with me! :)

Hainan was so beautiful , tho to admit most of the time I was sun bathing at the beach at Sanya. There's a hotel i stayed at and I endorse it 100%. It's called Palm Beach Resort & Spa.

I turned my pasty white self into a light tan....LOL!!!

The formal nomenclature of "provincial highway" is "Unclassified Highway" (等级外公路). In China, highways are constructed based on legislation JTG-B01-2003 ("Technical Standard on Highway Construction" or "公路工程技术标准"). Except for the highest grade of control-access highways, i.e. Expressways, others are classified into 5 levels.

Expressways are Controlled-Access highway, the highest-grade type of highway with access ramps, lane dividers, etc., designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. By 2015, quantity of Expressways (高速公路) is 111,950 km

The quantities of Highways are as below:
Level 1 Highway (一级公路) 74,300 km
Level 2 Highway (二级公路) 331,500 km
Level 3 Highway (三级公路) 401,900 km
Level 4 Highway (四级公路) 2,705,800 km
Unclassified Highway (等级外公路) 627,900 km
Total Highways 4,141,400 km
01300000010387133471265094165_s-jpg.216151

Sample of Level 1 Highway

Its irritating to see some Indians stooping down to the level of a sad troll and derailing a good thread about wonderful accomplishments of some countries.
Guys you don't have to just to aIndiao give it back to a troll.It makes you as bad as him.
Trolls usually slink back to their holes when they stop getting attention.

OT:Hope to see India in this list very soon.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom