What's new

Longest national expressway system in the world

We have roads not mud tracks. Lol cart before the horse.
This 1-2 lanes concrete road, in criteria of Chinese roads, is the most fundamental,(mostly not including in the total mileage), connecting different parts within a village. Worst than that won't be called roads. Any roads outside city all have specific number with a letter to indicate level(like X101, x means county)
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 00.33.49.png

Y011, means village-level roads Number 011 of Yixian County
2km from the official start
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 00.38.12.png

This mud stuff is excluded, should be upgraded to a concrete road as soon as possible.
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 00.42.26.png

The formal nomenclature of "provincial highway" is "Unclassified Highway" (等级外公路). In China, highways are constructed based on legislation JTG-B01-2003 ("Technical Standard on Highway Construction" or "公路工程技术标准"). Except for the highest grade of control-access highways, i.e. Expressways, others are classified into 5 levels.

Expressways are Controlled-Access highway, the highest-grade type of highway with access ramps, lane dividers, etc., designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. By 2015, quantity of Expressways (高速公路) is 111,950 km

The quantities of Highways are as below:
Level 1 Highway (一级公路) 74,300 km
Level 2 Highway (二级公路) 331,500 km
Level 3 Highway (三级公路) 401,900 km
Level 4 Highway (四级公路) 2,705,800 km
Unclassified Highway (等级外公路) 627,900 km
Total Highways 4,141,400 km
01300000010387133471265094165_s-jpg.216151

Sample of Level 1 Highway
Yes, we only calculate highways, small roads won't be calculated.

A typical level 4 highway, mostly county-level highways, connecting different villages.
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 00.48.43.png

Last edited:
The formal nomenclature of "provincial highway" is "Unclassified Highway" (等级外公路). In China, highways are constructed based on legislation JTG-B01-2003 ("Technical Standard on Highway Construction" or "公路工程技术标准"). Except for the highest grade of control-access highways, i.e. Expressways, others are classified into 5 levels.

Expressways are Controlled-Access highway, the highest-grade type of highway with access ramps, lane dividers, etc., designed for high-speed vehicular traffic, with all traffic flow and ingress/egress regulated. By 2015, quantity of Expressways (高速公路) is 111,950 km

The quantities of Highways are as below:
Level 1 Highway (一级公路) 74,300 km
Level 2 Highway (二级公路) 331,500 km
Level 3 Highway (三级公路) 401,900 km
Level 4 Highway (四级公路) 2,705,800 km
Unclassified Highway (等级外公路) 627,900 km
Total Highways 4,141,400 km
01300000010387133471265094165_s-jpg.216151

Sample of Level 1 Highway

Do the highways in the interior have rest stop areas ? Places for gassing up, motels, driver-focused restaurants as well?

Do the highways in the interior have rest stop areas ? Places for gassing up, motels, driver-focused restaurants as well?

Sure there are plenty of services as well as civil protection facilities e.g. fire/ambulance station. Quality of services depends on grading of route, best for Expressways, then Level 1 highways, Level 2 highways and so on.

Last edited:
Highways are not controlled-access, so buildings and facilities are free to be installed along highways.
Expressways need special areas for these facilities, since they are controlled-access, no buildings along.

Highways are not controlled-access, so buildings and facilities are free to be installed along highways.
Expressways need special areas for these facilities, since they are controlled-access, no buildings along.

That's a business potential actually buddy!

This 1-2 lanes concrete road, in criteria of Chinese roads, is the most fundamental,(mostly not including in the total mileage), connecting different parts within a village. Worst than that won't be called roads. Any roads outside city all have specific number with a letter to indicate level(like X101, x means county)
View attachment 226381

Y011, means village-level roads Number 011 of Yixian County
2km from the official start
View attachment 226382

This mud stuff is excluded, should be upgraded to a concrete road as soon as possible.
View attachment 226383

Yes, we only calculate highways, small roads won't be calculated.

A typical level 4 highway, mostly county-level highways, connecting different villages.
View attachment 226385
No offence friend but I read some where level 4 highways are dirt or mud roads which are calculated in the overall road network length.I may be wrong.plz enlight

Yes, despite China is still developing, please note expressway is just one of many infrastructures that China already tops the world by now. Anyway as @AndrewJin has said, in the coming years most development will be concentrated in inland areas.
Yes, especially Central China.
Maybe we can cross country drive together in China someday? Would love to have a professional tour buddy go with me! :)
Why not? I be the guide, you pay:p:

Hainan was so beautiful , tho to admit most of the time I was sun bathing at the beach at Sanya. There's a hotel i stayed at and I endorse it 100%. It's called Palm Beach Resort & Spa.

I turned my pasty white self into a light tan....LOL!!!
Every time I travel, I become black. After several weeks in the city, I'm white as the skin of your avatar.:-)

No offence friend but I read some where level 4 highways are dirt or mud roads which are calculated in the overall road network length.I may be wrong.plz enlight
a link to level 4, Chinese source.
四级公路_百度百科

Yes, especially Central China.

Why not? I be the guide, you pay:p:

Every time I travel, I become black. After several weeks in the city, I'm white as the skin of your avatar.:-)

a link to level 4, Chinese source.
四级公路_百度百科

Hahaha! When I was in Hainan many many years ago i love to stay at the Sanya Beach because it's actually very clean. And there's a lot, I mean A LOT of Japanese tourists there so you don't feel too lonely lol.

As for getting dark, yes yes! I know what you mean but it's great for our health , food for vitamin D , and great for uplifting mood!

Btw, in Sanya Resorts, they also offer full body massage services at the beach, for 1 hour they charge about 300 Renmibi. Or around $50 U.S. Dollars?

Oh man!!!!!

Hahaha! When I was in Hainan many many years ago i love to stay at the Sanya Beach because it's actually very clean. And there's a lot, I mean A LOT of Japanese tourists there so you don't feel too lonely lol.

As for getting dark, yes yes! I know what you mean but it's great for our health , food for vitamin D , and great for uplifting mood!

Btw, in Sanya Resorts, they also offer full body massage services at the beach, for 1 hour they charge about 300 Renmibi. Or around $50 U.S. Dollars?

Oh man!!!!!
Traveling in Sanya is expensive, sea food and resort. Most people go to Thailand, cheap...
I'll wait the west ring HSR of Hainan in late 2015 or 2016. (now only east ring HSR, from Haikou to Sanya)
Image viewing scenery in bullet trains!
行驶在热带海滨的CRH1动车高速远去。.jpg
远处就是亚龙湾站.jpg
IMG_4104.jpg
IMG_4211.jpg

overnight train from Beijing to Sanya
坐T202实际上是因为这张照片.jpg

Traveling in Sanya is expensive, sea food and resort. Most people go to Thailand, cheap...
I'll wait the west ring HSR of Hainan in late 2015 or 2016. (now only east ring HSR, from Haikou to Sanya)
Image viewing scenery in bullet trains!
View attachment 226390 View attachment 226388 View attachment 226389 View attachment 226391 View attachment 226392

Thailand does not really captivate me for travels because of their open sex industry, it is actually disgusting for me. The last time I visited that country I was abhorred at how even the taxi drivers were even showcasing the prostitute places when I asked to be delivered at the hotel I was staying at (Sheraton) .

The country, to me, was quite dirty in that aspect and after my first visit there I never really wanted to visit Bangkok again because of that culture.

For beaches , I would recommend you visit or consider :

1. Boracay, Philippines
2. Panglao, Philippines
3. Danang , Vietnam
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Sihanoukville, Cambodia
6. Hainan, China (Sanya)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom