What's new

LNA claims it has been attacked by Turkish UAVs

Kamil_baku

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The Libyan National Army (LNA) has claimed that Turkish-made unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are being used to carry out attacks against the forces it has deployed to capture Tripoli from forces aligned with the internationally recognised Government of National Accord (GNA).

The claim was made in a 12 May briefing by LNA spokesman Ahmed al-Mismari. "The new change that we noticed recently after we shot down the enemy fighters - and we have destroyed some of them on the ground - [was that] the enemy has begun to use Turkish-made unmanned drones to attack locations under the control of our forces," he said according to the English translator at the event.

The two Mirage F1 fighters that were operated from Misratah Air Base by GNA-aligned forces were apparently shot down or crashed during the recent fighting around Tripoli.

Mismari added that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was "now putting forward his technology" to support his Libyan allies so that he does not lose a "very valuable financial base". The LNA did not offer any evidence to show that Turkish UAVs are operating in Libya.

The Libyan National Army (LNA) has claimed that Turkish-made unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are being used to carry out attacks against the forces it has deployed to capture Tripoli from forces aligned with the internationally recognised Government of National Accord (GNA).

The claim was made in a 12 May briefing by LNA spokesman Ahmed al-Mismari. "The new change that we noticed recently after we shot down the enemy fighters - and we have destroyed some of them on the ground - [was that] the enemy has begun to use Turkish-made unmanned drones to attack locations under the control of our forces," he said according to the English translator at the event.

The two Mirage F1 fighters that were operated from Misratah Air Base by GNA-aligned forces were apparently shot down or crashed during the recent fighting around Tripoli.

Mismari added that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was "now putting forward his technology" to support his Libyan allies so that he does not lose a "very valuable financial base". The LNA did not offer any evidence to show that Turkish UAVs are operating in Libya.
I'm betting on the LNA winning due to more allies in the region including UAE, Saudi Arabia, and in Europe like France. UAE drones are also operating from LNA territory.

https://www.defensenews.com/unmanne...hinese-drones-for-deadly-airstrikes-in-libya/

Q77GZKGISNFS3KXBOET5273E5U.jpg

the only thing Turkey missing is money which Qatar might give or Libya could give petrol instead..
France has no UAV technology to support LNA. USA cannot out of fear of back home, they might get criticized.
nobody knows who will win.. For Turkey, its important that the keep capital and south, which i believe they will take the support. LNA can still be in the east side..
on the other hand, GNA is from Muslim brotherhood. RTE is very serious about it.. they have huge experience from Syria.. I believe they got an idea.. once LNA cannot attack, most of their forces are there because of money. there would start issues.. they will stuck between to attack more to Tripoli and face the risk of loosing and also loosing the trust. or stay and keep it, where it will be super expensive for them...

the only thing Turkey missing is money which Qatar might give or Libya could give petrol instead..
France has no UAV technology to support LNA. USA cannot out of fear of back home, they might get criticized.
nobody knows who will win.. For Turkey, its important that the keep capital and south, which i believe they will take the support. LNA can still be in the east side..
on the other hand, GNA is from Muslim brotherhood. RTE is very serious about it.. they have huge experience from Syria.. I believe they got an idea.. once LNA cannot attack, most of their forces are there because of money. there would start issues.. they will stuck between to attack more to Tripoli and face the risk of loosing and also loosing the trust. or stay and keep it, where it will be super expensive for them...
Only LNA has oilfields lol. I think Turkey should have sided with them regardless of ideology.

Pretty grim for GNA and all other factions except LNA if you ask me.
upload_2019-5-23_11-28-44.png

Ankan S has satellite connection and Göktürk sattele has range over northern Afrika. So it might have been an Anka S. Probably it uses an airport to lend for operations but it might have been controlled by Turkish operator who most probably located in Eskişehir.

Ankan S has satellite connection and Göktürk sattele has range over northern Afrika. So it might have been an Anka S. Probably it uses an airport to lend for operations but it might have been controlled by Turkish operator who most probably located in Eskişehir.
UAE can probably dish out more sorties. LNA established base in eastern Libya with suitable space for F-16, Mirage-2000, Wing loong. Many HJ-7 missiles have been found in Tripoli and surrounding areas.

Back
Top Bottom