What's new

List of Indian Inventions

@Surenas Origin of Hookah seems to be disputed. Many google results refers to origin in India but name having Persian origin.

Pakistani sarkari school taleem is not reliable, try something else. :girl_wacko:

I don't know what you are talking about. But what I've said is historically factual and hence you can not respond to it.

Sad for you. :lol:

india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at mega scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..

india comes under smaller league..smaller, and relatively insignificant :lol:

We need a dedicated univ on our vedic science to preserve our knowledge n teach to our nex gen..

I believe this is going to be the Indian century. Those universities will be set up and what more given the amount of Indians who are involved in research, we are going to have a flood of inventions by Indians surpassing any other country.

Hookah is not a Indian invention, but a Persian invention.

It isn't a Persian invention. Narghile, the older Persian word for Shisha(which means glass) as Hookah is also known, actually derives from Sanskrit Narikela(the word for coconut). Before the base started to be made of glass, it used to be made of coconut shells. And everyone knows where coconuts grow in abundance.:)

This is a gem of a site for history of India. This link particularly looks at our historic industrial strength.

1857: History & Propaganda | 2ndlook

@Indischer you saw the links? There is a section about ship building in India too in that.

Yup...India had a thriving trade with the Arabs and Africans, and naturally built a lot of ships. I don't dispute that at all. What I hint at is that they weren't very large clipper ships though, and hence weren't capable of travelling great distances given limited supplies of food and water. But they could manage a nice voyage from Mombosa to Cochin.:)

I don't know what you are talking about. But what I've said is historically factual and hence you can not respond to it.

india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at mega scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..

You mean Indian importance is insignificant, that's why India is the only country in the world to have a Ocean on the country's name name. :lol::lol: Its not my problem if your Sarkari school taleem in Pakistan didn't tell you the real history that Hindus made significant important inventions and discoveries that led to the foundation of Golden Age of Islam along with earlier Persian and Greek inventions, infact Arabs even learnt the basic use of spices in food from Indians. ;)

Last edited:
I believe this is going to be the Indian century. Those universities will be set up and what more given the amount of Indians who are involved in research, we are going to have a flood of inventions by Indians surpassing any other country.
Tough in competition days....... But good if we able to surpass anyone in knowledge .......
Gud thing is no khoongress or state government promoted such knowledge for public learning still we people are becoming assertive n more aware of our vedic roots thanks to free Internet world....... vedic science can be incorporated in our current education system as an optional subjects. .....

Yup...India had a thriving trade with the Arabs and Africans, and naturally built a lot of ships. I don't dispute that at all. What I hint at is that they weren't very large clipper ships though, and hence weren't capable of travelling great distances given limited supplies of food and water. But they could manage a nice voyage from Mombosa to Cochin.

Current record for around the world in a large trimaran is about 72 days (Dame Ellen McArthur) with a capability of over 30 knots. Those ships were fairly large a voyage of 6 months does not seem outlandish. Food supplies and water supplies are not all that difficult to manage with plenty from the sea itself. Storms were not all that out of routine for more fresh water supply.

Last edited:

Dear I dont understand why bringing islam into this........
Religion n knowledge has no correlation. .... You accept it or not we Indians know more about history n knowledge of vedas than any one else here......

Tough in competition days....... But good if we able to surpass anyone in knowledge .......
Gud thing is no khoongress or state government promoted such knowledge for public learning still we people are becoming assertive n more aware of our vedic roots thanks to free Internet world....... vedic science can be incorporated in our current education system as an optional subjects. .....

There is not much competition really. All the major universities in the West is filled with Indians and Chinese at the top level. They dominate. Then there are Indians who make it big in India without ever having been abroad. So the talent pool is very very large.

It is the civilization memory we have, plus our culture which will help us through. The worst of the damage has been done and is in the past. There is no looking back now.

When I saw how in Peru they had so much love for Indian culture, it really set me thinking. Here a distant South American country which is not even in our consciousness and they are celebrating India. Why? India which has been projected as a dirty, poor, beggarly country. One can understand people getting impressed with rich countries, but here people were falling in love with a country which had so much propaganda against it and without any effort on part of Indians.

The fragrance of India will mesmerize the world, no amount of suppressing the facts will conceal it.

Sachchaai Chhup Nahin Sakti, Banaavat Ke Usoolon Se
ki Khushboo Aa Nahin Sakti, Kabhi Kaagaz Ke Phoolon Se

Last edited:
@WebMaster @Aeronaut please take care of this mental....
Your post has been reported for calling me a mental .Moderators please ban him permanently just like on indian forum defence forums they ban pakistanis on little things.Go barkon IDF we don,t allow you such freedom on PDF.

Your post has been reported for calling me a mental .Moderators please ban him permanently just like on indian forum defence forums they ban pakistanis on little things.Go barkon IDF we don,t allow you such freedom on PDF.
thanks you did a good job.....keep up...:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom