What's new

List of Indian Inventions

Dear I dont understand why bringing islam into this........
Religion n knowledge has no correlation. .... You accept it or not we Indians know more about history n knowledge of vedas than any one else here......

I'm not using Islam as "religion" here but as a civilizational force..as a culture..as a people..just like we use "west" not as geographical term but rather a civilizational idea...Hope you understand now.

And yes, indians have alot of knowledge and have given alot to humanity. No one is denying that. But please tell your fellow indians to stop disrespecting others and claiming they are the bestest in the world.

You mean Indian importance is insignificant, that's why India is the only country in the world to have a Ocean on the country's name name. :lol::lol: Its not my problem if your Sarkari school taleem in Pakistan didn't tell you the real history that Hindus made significant important inventions and discoveries that led to the foundation of Golden Age of Islam along with earlier Persian and Greek inventions, infact Arabs even learnt the basic use of spices in food from Indians. ;)

LMAO!!!! :rofl:

indian ocean is a geographic term..just like Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea or Mexican gulf...OMG, Mexicans are such influential people..they have a mexican gulf named after them :lol:

You poor indians show you worthless you are when you have to bring the "naming" of an ocean to feel "good" about how india is great. So sad.

As I said, which you have not refuted yet..since you can't, india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at universal, global scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..india just doesn't come here.

india comes under smaller league..smaller, and relatively insignificant

And oh yeah..Arabs didn't even know what "spices" were and they never made food using spices unless they came across magnificient indians...:lol:

You know how ridiculous your are sounding right now?

Last edited:

indian ocean is a geographic term..just like Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea or Mexican gulf...OMG, Mexicans are such influential people..they have a mexican gulf named after them :lol:

You poor indians show you worthless you are when you have to bring the "naming" of an ocean to feel "good" about how india is great. So sad.

As I said, which you have not refuted yet..since you can't, india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at universal, global scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..india just doesn't come here.

And oh yeah..Arabs didn't even know what "spices" were and they never made food using spices unless they came across magnificient indians...:lol:

If you don't know, not my problem. :laugh:

You are not responding answer the question I asked you and repeating the same thing your sarkari school taught you. :laugh:

No, you are not responding to my factual statements because you yourself know that I am right and you can not respond to this...

Again

india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at universal, global scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..india just doesn't come here.

:azn:

No, you are not responding to my factual statements because you yourself know that I am right and you can not respond to this...

Again
india never become a trans-continental historical force...only West and Islam did. Hence they are 'universal' civilizational forces that shaped humanity at universal, global scale across continents! This is the 'big boy' league..india just doesn't come here.

:azn:

Where are your facts, you answered none of them.

I'm not using Islam as "religion" here but as a civilizational force..as a culture..as a people..just like we use "west" not as geographical term but rather a civilizational idea...Hope you understand now.

And yes, indians have alot of knowledge and have given alot to humanity. No one is denying that. But please tell your fellow indians to stop disrespecting others and claiming they are the bestest in the world.

Dharmic civilization n culture is prevalent across asia in whatever way you wish to perceive it.....
Secondly we are not claiming which was not ours but what we here fighting for is that Indian were not given due recognition by west n even in India despite we were ahead once upon a time.......Gaining knowledge to help mankind was part our of cultural beliefs like todays Yoga ..... Have u heard western ers trying to patient some of Yogasan n what will happen if they get it u know very well...... Few years back you might have come across patient fight between some western company n india on turmeric as medicines to cure wounds n etc.......

What do you mean where are my facts?

I am too looking for the same answers in your comments.
hahaha.gif

@INDIC @Indischer

Hookah is not a Indian invention. It isn't really a dispute about its origins.

However, a quatrain of Ahlī Shirazi (d. 1535), a Persian poet, refers to the use of the ḡalyān (Falsafī, II, p. 277; Semsār, 1963, p. 15), thus dating its use at least as early as the time of the Shah Ṭahmāsp I. It seems, therefore, that Abu’l-Fath Gilani should be credited with the introduction of the ḡalyān, already in use in Persia, into India

Simple as that.

@INDIC @Indischer

Hookah is not a Indian invention. It isn't really a dispute about its origins.

Simple as that.

The wikipedia description you are referring to has a confusing description about the origin in India or Iran.

Smoking shisha: how bad is it for you? | Society | The Guardian

Shisha, the origins of which are disputed (some say India, others Persia or Turkey) is a glass-bottomed water pipe in which fruit-flavoured tobacco is covered with foil and roasted with charcoal.

Histrory Of The Hookah Shisha Pipe

Please go through a few other sources too, if you aren't convinced.

What? There is nothing on that propaganda page about its origins, besides a linguistic explanation of the world. Besides that, the fact that word is in Sanskrit, could point out to its Indo-Iranian origins. It doesn't mean that we actually borrowed the word from you guys.

Not one source mentions the fact that it invented by an Indian before its usage in Persia.

About its origins it is very clear. The EARLIEST mentioning of the Hookah was done by a Persian poet.

What? There is nothing on that propaganda page about its origins, besides a linguistic explanation of the world. Besides that, the fact that word is in Sanskrit, could point out to its Indo-Iranian origins. It doesn't mean that we actually borrowed the word from you guys.

Not one source mentions the fact that it invented by an Indian before its usage in Persia.

About its origins it is very clear. The EARLIEST mentioning of the Hookah was done by a Persian poet.

The Persian name of the appartus has become most famous. Doesn't mean that the apparatus itself is undeniably Persian.

The Persian name of the appartus has become most famous. Doesn't mean that the apparatus itself is undeniably Persian.

Persian was widely used in Medieval India many things native to India were given Persian names like Tritantri Veena got the Persian name Sitar. So, I don't think Persian name can be taken as proof.

Back
Top Bottom