What's new

Libya on brink of Tripoli showdown

:lol:
whom was repaced by whom ?
mohmmed raza shah Pahlavi tenure as king of iran
16 September 1941 to 11 February 1979

mussadiq's tenure as 35TH PM
21 July 1952 to 19 Aug 1953

Mossadeq was removed by the CIA because he nationalised the oil industry, put it under Iranian ownership. Even the Americans accept this.

Mossadeq was removed by the CIA because he nationalised the oil industry, put it under Iranian ownership. Even the Americans accept this.
yes i agree and nationalization sucks all over the world there must be free market .

yes i agree and nationalization sucks all over the world there must be free market .

Yes, the Anglo oil company refused to have it's books audited by the Iranian government. The Iranian majlis voted to nationalise it; ie put it under Iranian control.

So according to you it's OK for the Americans to overthrow them?

Yes, the Anglo oil company refused to have it's books audited by the Iranian government. The Iranian majlis voted to nationalise it; ie put it under Iranian control.

So according to you it's OK for the Americans to overthrow them?
both sides have faults but then its human nature to use power if they have . USA is super power and they do it . when muslims were super power they attack on country and fight wars for such small reasons too . for one ship looted by pirates they attacked whole sindh punjab until multan by MBQ .simple because they have power to do so .

It really is a disgrace what US has done in Libya. People forget this in the mess if Iraq & Afghanistan but Gaddafi was a authoritarian in the Chinese style - he literally sent 10,000 Libyan kids abroad for studies in engineering & medicine with cash to give them a comfortable lifestyle.

Now it is in tatters and very few Libyan student can study, it is very sad.

It really is a disgrace what US has done in Libya. People forget this in the mess if Iraq & Afghanistan but Gaddafi was a authoritarian in the Chinese style - he literally sent 10,000 Libyan kids abroad for studies in engineering & medicine with cash to give them a comfortable lifestyle.

Now it is in tatters and very few Libyan student can study, it is very sad.

I am absolutely no fan of Gaddafi, but Gaddafi's Libya was heaven compared to what it is now.

Once again the Americans help the Muslim world!

I am absolutely no fan of Gaddafi, but Gaddafi's Libya was heaven compared to what it is now.

Once again the Americans help the Muslim world!

Gaddafi’s rule was authoritarian but not dissimilar to China which has progressed hugely. I ask do people in Libya want highest HDI in Africa, $10,000 for every child, marriage and free university and subsidised housing. It was paradise and he did far more redistribution of income than any other oil state.

He was only removed because he challenged the US order. It was never about human rights or the nasty Israeli & Egyptian regimes would have gone long ago.

Gaddafi’s rule was authoritarian but not dissimilar to China which has progressed hugely. I ask do people in Libya want highest HDI in Africa, $10,000 for every child, marriage and free university and subsidised housing. It was paradise and he did far more redistribution of income than any other oil state.

He was only removed because he challenged the US order. It was never about human rights or the nasty Israeli & Egyptian regimes would have gone long ago.

This was a direct assault on a muslim country to bring it to its knees and impoverish its people. The Libyans are sufferring now because of US mendacity, and even the muslims fail to challenge it.

These are Hafter led forces supported by Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Tunisia ,etc.... Recently Saudi King had met with Libyan General Haftar, likely pledged support to them.

The forces in Tripoli are supposedly supported by Qatar, Morocco, Algeria and Turkey. So it is a big development if there is indeed an military push to takeover Tripoli. It will determine fate of Libya civil war.
They are taking advantage of Algeria’s political shakeup to make their move, but they are sadly mistaken of the Algerian resolve on keeping Lybia of the hands of Haftar...The Algerian reply will be terrifying for those who threatens Tripoli and the UN recognized government.

They are taking advantage of Algeria’s political shakeup to make their move, but they are sadly mistaken of the Algerian resolve on keeping Lybia of the hands of Haftar...The Algerian reply will be terrifying for those who threatens Tripoli and the UN recognized government.

I was surprised to find out Algeria and Morocco support the Tripoli side, what are the reasons?

I was surprised to find out Algeria and Morocco support the Tripoli side, what are the reasons?
Morocco doesn’t support the Tripoli side..they support the French side...what ever that may be...Algeria has drawn its line in the sand and that is Tripoli...A lot of supposed Hafter’s troop movements have been seen West of Lybia (East Algeria) , are in fact ferrying Isis remnants to the Sahel, with the help of the Sauds, the Emiratis, the Egyptians and the Jordanians..

Morocco doesn’t support the Tripoli side..they support the French side...what ever that may be...Algeria has drawn its line in the sand and that is Tripoli...A lot of supposed Hafter’s troop movements have been seen West of Lybia (East Algeria) , are in fact ferrying Isis remnants to the Sahel, with the help of the Sauds, the Emiratis, the Egyptians and the Jordanians..

Interesting, thanks.

Libyan need election to solve all of the disputes.

They are supposed to have parliamentary elections this June. Although lets be honest, this is going to be another dictatorship. It's likely people of Tripoli will not put up a fight. Haftar has much support from various nations.

Recent Saudi visit to Tunisia and Arab Summit in Tunisia means Tunisia is on board and didn't object to this offensive.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom