What's new

Lenovo emerges as top PC seller in India, overtakes Dell & HP

I'm more of a Dell person, nothing comes close to a XPS in terms of quality, looks and service.

the news show we provide equal opportunity to all and fair competition environment. we also expect same from each country. Good luck to Lenevo bcoz indian laptop market never show loyalty to any specific company. even currently i am using Compaq but thinking to replace it by Toshiba or hp or dell.

It not true.. if you look at the numbers:

84China 10,378
93 India 7,445

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per person employed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And as with all statistics, the notes should be read carefully:

1. India has a large population on the verge of entering into the workforce.
2. China has a large population on the verge of exiting from the workforce.
(that difference is one large factor affecting the difference in current GDP)

3. China is currently relying on a lot of non-renewable "income" contributing to GDP e.g. 8 times the coal production (china has only 35 years before the coal stocks run out and must import the entire requirement). India's stocks last over 200 years.

With manufacturing related imports, a lot of china's export include the export of all these non-renewables being exported. India exports services which doesn't include any "materials" to be exported. Even from productivity point of view, china's gdp is not about human endeavour related, but pumping out the nations resources at break-neck speed. That's how they choose... nobody else is concerned.
You should search for those empty Chinese cities/towns/buildings on Youtube and you'll understand how cooked up their GDP growth figure is; that's how they generate GDP "growth". It's funny that those workers who built those empty buildings sometimes are at the mercy of their employers whether they get paid or not...

I personally had a pleasant experience with Lenovo and its servicing. I had bought a laptop for my nephew and I had sent it through someone to India who carried it in a check-in baggage and that seem to have caused a red light line on the screen - a symptom typical of broken screen(the othe reason maybe due to faulty firmware in the graphics display) . When I sent it for service to the Lenovo center, they warned me that they would charge if it is due to broken screen. But I knew it is due to the crack in the screen as my nephew mentioned there was a very minute crack visible in the screen. Lenovo fixed it for me free of charge though it was around Rs 5000 worth of fix.

Lenova laptops are terrible, all Chinese students in England all have Apple laptops.

Terrible? Lenovo is making good money from sales all over the world and sales are growing. We buy other brands of course, just to put their huge trade imbalance with us at ease! Many of us ( overseas students' family) have more than one PC set at home.

Indian trolls are churning with mega tonnage of sourness!

You should search for those empty Chinese cities/towns/buildings on Youtube and you'll understand how cooked up their GDP growth figure is; that's how they generate GDP "growth". It's funny that those workers who built those empty buildings sometimes are at the mercy of their employers whether they get paid or not...

Yeah. that's another factor... and it is really puzzling why chinese are doing this.

In a normal country where free discussions in public are permitted ... the fallacy would be obvious.

But factors that are essential to enforce logical decision making, do not exist in the current day PRC. But then, one day, the pot of $hit will get full.. and will burst open.

Lol at some Indians trying to tell Lenovo is terrible ..

Which Indian company has better quality stuff ??

Lenovo is doing pretty fine in low and mid segment PCs/laptops
Even their new Ultrabooks are awesome
Laptops are competitively priced

^^^ The reason is Most Indians Dont Buy Branded PC... & there r very Few Branded PC available apart from Few Indian players ... Most Indians Assembly there PC's rather than Buying a Branded Cheap quality Branded Stuff... its always better to Hand pick the Stuff u need then going for Stuff u dont need which u get along with a Branded PC...

Genius
Majority of PC sales come through Laptops , Netbooks and not thru Desktops

No one assembles Laptops , they buy it from the market

^^^ The reason is Most Indians Dont Buy Branded PC... & there r very Few Branded PC available apart from Few Indian players ... Most Indians Assembly there PC's rather than Buying a Branded Cheap quality Branded Stuff... its always better to Hand pick the Stuff u need then going for Stuff u dont need which u get along with a Branded PC...

Genius
Majority of PC sales come through Laptops , Netbooks and not thru Desktops

No one assembles Laptops , they buy it from the market

If you don't like Lenovo just because it's 'Chinese crap', buy ASUS (Taiwanese). But then, they are also made in China :lol:

Terrible? Lenovo is making good money from sales all over the world and sales are growing. We buy other brands of course, just to put their huge trade imbalance with us at ease! Many of us ( overseas students' family) have more than one PC set at home.

Indian trolls are churning with mega tonnage of sourness!

Never seen a Chinese with a Lenova laptop, which is probably because its rubbish right?

If you don't like Lenovo just because it's 'Chinese crap', buy ASUS (Taiwanese). But then, they are also made in China :lol:

There are free markets in India .. so "Lenovo" or "Kenovo" doesn't matter ... yaar.

Does that mean your countrymen are dumb for buying so many Lenovo laptops that it is now the #1 company in the Indian computer market? :lol:

As far as you keep buying Jaguar / Rovers .. it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm still ruing not buyin Tata Motors stock a few months back.

Back
Top Bottom