What's new

Lenovo emerges as top PC seller in India, overtakes Dell & HP

I am deeply annoyed by inconsistencies in lenovo qualities and more importantly constant software and battery problems

Thats correct. I have heard of numerous problems that comes with Lenovo.

However the machines sold b Lenovo in the States if a getter build quality due to stringent quality requirements over there.

Seriously dude...Don't you realise the patheticness of pakistanis making fun of other's technology?

LOL, even though the Indians are making fun of Chinese computers, which they have bought so much that it is now in the number 1 position in the Indian PC market? :D

If they think it is stupid and they buy it anyway, then that is hilarious and awesome. :lol:

I am deeply annoyed by inconsistencies in lenovo qualities and more importantly constant software and battery problems

Assembled PCs are cheaper and better .. if you buy the right quality components.

PC "manufacturing" is just a matter of tightening up a few screws .... the main part is the (i) designing effort of the components, and lesser part is the (ii) bulk manufacturing of the components.

My experience with lenovo is its good office use, its light, it has all functions, in built speaker, biometric identification etc, cheap in cost.

the trade off is it not robust and not suitable for rough use.

Apparently the Indians here do not understand the mentality of their fellow countrymen.

Since every year the Indian trade deficit to China continues to increase, and they have even put Lenovo at the #1 spot in the Indian PC market. :azn:

Apparently the Indian consumers have a higher IQ than the Indians on this forum! Either that or they are stupid to buy something which they don't actually think is any good. :P

LOL, even though the Indians are making fun of Chinese computers, which they have bought so much that it is now in the number 1 position in the Indian PC market? :D

If they think it is stupid and they buy it anyway, then that is hilarious and awesome. :lol:

So, you mean that chinese are stupid buying Jaguars and Rovers ... just because they now have Indian owners.

Anyway ... damn ... I missed buying the Tata Motors stock at 137 a few months back ... and now it's 270 plus .. $hit.

Anyway, it's all thanks to the Jaguar / Rovers heavy sales in "sweet" china.

Look, no one is ridiculing that lenovo is no. 1 currently but just that its no big deal.

In India, the assembled PC market beats the branded PC market inside out.

Now you go and ask lenovo as to how much being no. 1 will actually mean anything in their financial bottomline, you will be dissapointed at what response lenovo gives you.

Miracle of ghairati pakistani ingenuity:
Habibi sitara limo
sitara1.jpg

Seriously dude...Don't you realise the patheticness of pakistanis making fun of other's technology?

Why this kolaveri di? I like the photo.

At least the guy is taking his family out for a ride and the lady is not totally covered in a black burkha. The kids are also having fun instead of learning false history as a part of school syllabus.

Apparently the Indian consumers have a higher IQ than the Indians on this forum! Which is quite a shock!

ap·par·ent·ly:

Used by speakers or writers to avoid committing themselves to the truth of what they are saying.

Why post statements you yourself are not confident about, and insult your fellow mainland Chinese members here?

Now you go and ask lenovo as to how much being no. 1 will actually mean anything in their financial bottomline, you will be dissapointed at what response lenovo gives you.

You're right, being #1 in any Indian market is pretty pointless considering the average buying power of the Indian people.

However, it is incredibly funny that the Indians on this forum are so adamant about "boycotting Chinese goods"... while their fellow countrymen keep buying more and more Chinese products every year, creating a serious trade deficit for India. :P

That is incredible India for you!

You're right, being #1 in any Indian market is pretty pointless considering the average buying power of the Indian people.

However, it is incredibly funny that the Indians on this forum are so adamant about "boycotting Chinese goods"... while their fellow countrymen keep buying more and more Chinese products every year, creating a serious trade deficit for India. :P

That is incredible India for you!

Its not about buying power.

Indians prefer assembled machines. They end up paying almost the same amount but their PC will be having components from multiple companies.

I have spoken to many senior global analytics ppl at HP and they have told me that they dont consider India an emerging market when it comes to IT.

They give India the same weightage as a developed country in IT.

Make no mistake, India is not what you think when it comes to IT.

PCs are declining business world wide ... and Lenovo like everyone else, in the world, jus assembles south korean and taiwanese manufactured (DRAMs, Chipset and motherboard).

My friends in US with Intel and other semiconductor companies tell me that SK / Taiwan manufacturing are just to keep the pollution out of USA and manufacturing cost low. The entire brain behind the chips is in US (and with large Indian engineers).

In fact, Intel has a large chip design and R&D center in India.

In any case, the $hitty "Huawei" could not design things with super-duper "chinese engineers" ... and moved to India for the brainwork.

PC components are a commodity, and chinese labour is cheapest to assemble those components ...

Huawei has a (that's singular) symbolic RD facility in India because it was a requirement to enter the Indian market. It's obviously far less important than its multiple Chinese RD facilities.

Back
Top Bottom