What's new

Leading Indian strategist:India not in the same league as US and China!

I do know that. Everybody knows that. But sorry I cannot say it at an online public forum.

Some people who have vested interests in building the identity of American ethnicity will start accusing me as a racist.

I am sorry, I cannot say. But I know you are well aware of the fact.

Communist, I do not know how much experience you have with USA daily life. Have you lived in the USA, going to school, whatever? The usual experience of immigrants of every ethnicity is that assimilation into American thinking and transparent acceptance occurs by the second generation that is born on USA soil. Primarily this is because of public education and intermarriage. Some ethnic groups purposefully resist this Americanization and do succeed in delaying it for another generation. But no sizable group has succeeded in maintaining ethnic separatism.

I believe the latest demographic projection is that Americans of non-Hispanic Caucasian ancestry will be in the minority in the USA by 2030. Already our census bureau is struggling with how to "count" Americans of first generation mixed races (mother and father of different prior racial categories). The number of people who want to respond to the census in more than one racial category is now over 5%. It is true that "white" Americans are still dominant in various power structures, but one look at the pictures of the CEO's of newer American companies will show many, many leaders who are not "white". American society is more genuinely mixed in terms of race and ethnic background than any other nation on earth. In Hawaii, "white" Americans are not even the largest minority at ~ 25%; where "Asians" have a plurality of ~ 39%, not including aboriginal Hawaiians.

Communist,

No one says anything to counter you when you talk of Bollywood movies as the funniest work of fiction, that serves no purpose at all apart from showing obscenity. And now when you need a basis to strengthen your unspeakable argument, you end up using the same Bollywood movies?

That's not the right thing to do man.

Anyway, if you had met a lot of Indians living in the US, you would know that they recognize themselves as Americans first, and ethnic east Indians later. I am a Hindu, an Indian, and many of my relatives are whites in the US. And many of the relatives of those whites are those Indians that are not related to me at all. No prizes for guessing why.

However, a very close and nice Han Chinese friend of mine, from Shanghai, is a US citizen. And his wife is a Chinese (Also a US citizen) too. One of his classmates, who is a Han Chinese, just married a blond girl of German heritage. If you want, I can show you the pictures of the weddings to prove my point, in an online, public forum! <--- Have some courage to publicly speak what you believe in.

The President of the United States, is half white half black. The two times President of the United States before this one, was one eighth Indian (Red Indian). And so was his father.

What the heck is American ethnicity? Quite contrary to your claim, "But I know you are well aware of the fact", I am not aware of anything you talked about in your post.

Post Script: If you are going to say something akin to, "I know something that you don't know and I can't tell you...", then you better not even mention it.

Communist,

Anyway, if you had met a lot of Indians living in the US, you would know that they recognize themselves as Americans first, and ethnic east Indians later. I am a Hindu, an Indian, and many of my relatives are whites in the US. And many of the relatives of those whites are those Indians that are not related to me at all. No prizes for guessing why.

This is the feeling that some Taiwanese lack as it seems from the post of faithfulguy who claims himself to have been born in Taiwan.

Anyway, lets get back to the topic.

This is the feeling that some Taiwanese lack as it seems from the post of faithfulguy who claims himself to have been born in Taiwan.

Anyway, lets get back to the topic.

Oh in case you could not know from my post - I am an Indian, not a US citizen. The US flag up there is because of my location, half of the year I live in the US.

-----------------------------------------------------EoD

And of course yes, let's get back to the topic - The strategist is very candid and humble. And it is always better to stay alert with the realities, helps overcome the shortcomings.

Do you know the difference between an Indian and a Chinese, both living in the US as valid citizens?

The Indian person will never forget his Indian identity, tradition, heritage and will never abandon the invisible connection with his own original motherland. The person will always seek to do his best to his own motherland and people. If you just watch a Bollywood movie Swadesh, you will realize what I am saying now about Indian feelings.
Here I admire Indians.

A Chinese, particularly Taiwanese person will, on the contrary, try to forget his Chinese identity, tradition and debt to his own original motherland after adopting a fake new foreign identity.

I could be wrong though, but it seems as if I have understood the difference well.

Well, I've been in US since I was a child, graduated from elementary school till college and grad school here. I am married to a Caucasian woman who happen to speak fluent mandarin Chinese. I am not living in an area of US that has a high number of Chinese population.
I do hold an US passport. I love my kids in regardless of who they are (In school, they are register as others)

I believe that in America, the majority Caucasian race will become a minority in about 40 years. So my kids will be growing up in an multi eithnic society. We teach our kid to respect other in regardless of the color of their skin. We believe that people should be treated first as an individual, instead of a particular race or ethnicity.

However, I do know that I'm an Asian America. Does that mean that I have loyalty to communist China? No. I do not. I never lived there. The one reason a lot of Taiwanese do not have affinity to China is because we do not have immediate family there. My family in my father's side also had been in Taiwan for many generations as m y gparents speak Japanese.

I'm also not a big fan of dictatorship. But I also know that this is what China needs and this is what cause China to grow and prosper. Both China and India are big countries and they need to bring people out of poverty. May US and China have friendly relationship with one another as this can help both countries to advance.:china::usflag:

Well, I've been in US since I was a child, graduated from elementary school till college and grad school here. I am married to a Caucasian woman who happen to speak fluent mandarin Chinese. I am not living in an area of US that has a high number of Chinese population.
I do hold an US passport. I love my kids in regardless of who they are (In school, they are register as others)

I believe that in America, the majority Caucasian race will become a minority in about 40 years. So my kids will be growing up in an multi eithnic society. We teach our kid to respect other in regardless of the color of their skin. We believe that people should be treated first as an individual, instead of a particular race or ethnicity.

However, I do know that I'm an Asian America. Does that mean that I have loyalty to communist China? No. I do not. I never lived there. The one reason a lot of Taiwanese do not have affinity to China is because we do not have immediate family there. My family in my father's side also had been in Taiwan for many generations as m y gparents speak Japanese.

I'm also not a big fan of dictatorship. But I also know that this is what China needs and this is what cause China to grow and prosper. Both China and India are big countries and they need to bring people out of poverty. May US and China have friendly relationship with one another as this can help both countries to advance.:china::usflag:

Sigh :undecided:

:china:

Oh in case you could not know from my post - I am an Indian, not a US citizen. The US flag up there is because of my location, half of the year I live in the US.

-----------------------------------------------------EoD

And of course yes, let's get back to the topic - The strategist is very candid and humble. And it is always better to stay alert with the realities, helps overcome the shortcomings.

Why do you live here only half of the year.

I also see a lot of people make fun of Indian defence system being in the induction stage for ever. Why? other countries also need to induct their system and its in no way different than India.

The difference is not the country of India but the forum members of the country. Indian members like to talk a lot about weapons that India has purchased or under development. While people of other countries only talk about weapons inducted, not just tested or in production. A little more humble goes a long way.:usflag:
just check the thread on the China defence on ur ac....i dont think it is completed.....first be humble there than... if u are working on something... if u have started the process it is worth discussing/mentioning....

just check the thread on the China defence on ur ac....i dont think it is completed.....first be humble there than... if u are working on something... if u have started the process it is worth discussing/mentioning....

Certainly. But not to the level of how its complete and already in service.

Back to the thread. This strategist is correct on most points. I must agree with his observation that as long as India unlike the USA and China continues to be an arms importer instead of an arms exporter then the hope of it reaching a powerhouse status is limited. Armaments is one of the leading commodoties in nation trading. No point in earning billions in software and steel etc and spending the taxes generated from those commodoties on arms purchases. China is way ahead of India since it started its economic rehab in the 70s way before India. His observation about an independent Pakistan being crucial to Indian stability is 100&#37; on the mark. Minus the creation of Pakistan, extremist Muslims in India would be seeking to "reconquer" India as an Islamic nation.

Karnad said except for nuclear weapons, "Without indigenous production of its own weapons, a great power cannot have security," and said, "The armed services of India is remiss in not promoting and assisting the production of indigenous equipment."

It doesn't seems like Indian government is in any hurry for completely indigenous defense system. Very slow development, contrary to China, who was practically forced to make everything at home. Indian defense systems are primarily meant for deterrence, to both Pakistan and China.
Its an ugly cycle. US has to keep big difference from rest of the world. China has to grow as great power, so more military expenditure, closing the gap bw US. India has to be able to defend herself from China, and Pakistan from India.

Is sarhad par pukaarega kab tak nafrat ka ye ajgar
Hum apne apne kheton mein gehoon ki jagah chaawal ki jagah
Ye bandookein kyon bote hain
Jab dono hi ki galiyon mein kuchh bhookke bachche rote hain

Back
Top Bottom