What's new

Leading Indian strategist:India not in the same league as US and China!

India should make a decision to focus on importing its weapons and only produce weapons that no one would export such as missiles or it should focus on import minimal amount and focus on upgrading its indigenous industry, such as what China is doing because its force to. India is trying to do both and its a big waste of money

But India does not mass produce them or the Indian military have not introduced them in large numbers for them to be cost effective.

As a result, India continue to buy foreign hardware. I personally think its a waste of money to do research and not have anything significant to show for.

lca,nag,ac, etc etc etc ect are all more cost effective than the ones purchased from abroad..

look as per ur post it doesnt matter whether u make ur own weapons or not..!!!

China making own weapons is nothing....as u said Russia lost even though it made its weapons on its own..!!!!!!

for once i agree with u...and u agree with me...

secondly india will make more and more of its weapons on its own with time...the only thing is they will be technologically much more advanced than the chinese one...

HeHe, I am sure India will able to make her first decent assault rifle

and most of all (bullets) as advance technology break-through in

about 10 more years, sure it will be more advance than Chinese's

one of now!! :smitten::pakistan::china:

P.S. As the article stated, China and India simply not in the same

league, feel free to twist its anyway you want if that will help you to

get a better sleep.

Its important to point out that the author of the article is an Indian. Not an American or Chinese. Are there anyone from India disagree with the article?

Yeah and it will remain for a long long long time.OOps now i will be under attack by indians

I do not understand why Indians appear so apprehensive to such an idea. It is a fact that India is not in the league of China, and China is not in the league of the USA and Russia (Yes they both are almost equally powerful).

China is one country that can wield its power to dictate its own terms of trades and military. India is indeed a very powerful country, but only powerful enough to keep its sovereignty intact and interests running.

In my view, the main difference between China and India in simplified terms is this:

India is forced to take corrective measures, or at least deliver dialogues to justify its position each time it is criticized in international forums.

At the same scale, China never feels the need either to undertake corrective measures or give out its justification on any act it commits, no matter how inhuman or unjust they may look.

Although these two differences crop up mainly because of the difference between the governing systems of the respective countries (one is the largest communist country, the other is the largest democracy), but it does not deny the fact that in international arena, China as a state wields a power that India does not.

it is under construction now for some time..

I also see a lot of people make fun of Indian defence system being in the induction stage for ever. Why? other countries also need to induct their system and its in no way different than India.

The difference is not the country of India but the forum members of the country. Indian members like to talk a lot about weapons that India has purchased or under development. While people of other countries only talk about weapons inducted, not just tested or in production. A little more humble goes a long way.:usflag:

I do not understand why Indians appear so apprehensive to such an idea. It is a fact that India is not in the league of China, and China is not in the league of the USA and Russia (Yes they both are almost equally powerful).

China is one country that can wield its power to dictate its own terms of trades and military. India is indeed a very powerful country, but only powerful enough to keep its sovereignty intact and interests running.

In my view, the main difference between China and India in simplified terms is this:

India is forced to take corrective measures, or at least deliver dialogues to justify its position each time it is criticized in international forums.

At the same scale, China never feels the need either to undertake corrective measures or give out its justification on any act it commits, no matter how inhuman or unjust they may look.

Although these two differences crop up mainly because of the difference between the governing systems of the respective countries (one is the largest communist country, the other is the largest democracy), but it does not deny the fact that in international arena, China as a state wields a power that India does not.

In terms of overall number of nukes, yes, Russia is closer to that of the US. But besides this and space tech, that is where the comparason between Russia and US ends. Otherwise, I would place Russia's technology and capability closer to that of China then that of US as US is a couple of generation ahead of Europe and Russia. China is a generation behind Europe and Russia. Europe is a few years ahead of Russia as of now. China might be able to overtake Europe and Russia in about 20 years but would not be able to even narrow the gap until way past 2050

In terms of overall number of nukes, yes, Russia is closer to that of the US. But besides this and space tech, that is where the comparason between Russia and US ends. Otherwise, I would place Russia's technology and capability closer to that of China then that of US as US is a couple of generation ahead of Europe and Russia. China is a generation behind Europe and Russia. Europe is a few years ahead of Russia as of now. China might be able to overtake Europe and Russia in about 20 years but would not be able to even narrow the gap until way past 2050

Really? And I always thought the gross power of a country was to be measured on the scale of the muscle it could flex internationally. Silly me!

If it's a joke, you fail. If it's not, you fail big time.

Come out of your fantasy man, be it size, space-tech, economy, military or number of nukes. The power of a country boils down to its influence in international arena. And Russia has any time greater influence on countries worldwide, than has China, or than can China in the coming 50 years. All this despite Russia's dwindling economy that appears completely saturated.

It is never a harm to accept one's realities. Always helps.

Aren't you the one who just talked about humility?

Really? And I always thought the gross power of a country was to be measured on the scale of the muscle it could flex internationally. Silly me!

Come out of your fantasy man, be it size, space-tech, economy, military or number of nukes. The power of a country boils down to its influence in international arena. And Russia has any time greater influence on countries worldwide, than has China, or than can China in the coming 50 years. All this despite Russia's dwindling economy that appears completely saturated.

I'm only comparing in relative to the US. Russia is closer to that of China. Compare to US, China and Russia is closer to that of Somalia than to the US.

Well, you are right, I should be more humble when I compare the US against that of China, Russia and India. Personally, I believe that the US can take on these 3 countries simutaneously and win but I do not want to get too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom