What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
Well in my view LCA Mk2 will be comparable to Gripen NG if not superior and I am sure as a pakistani you will never accept this even though facts will tell you that.
LCA MK2 will most probably get an AESA which will be derived from best of russian/french/israeli and Indian tech same is the case of EW suits and weapons.
Engine will be roughly comparable if not same.
Current LCA MK1 used higher %age of composites which will be more true for Mk2 also.

Then right there the argument is over. You are now trying to hide behind what if semantics rather than the most basic on the ground facts.

The AESA will be this.. and the composites will be that mean ZILCH. The aircraft has NOT yet reached the cutting block nor has the design even been finalized. All that exists is the data from Aero India and the on and off leaks. Based on that.. the Mk.2's picture is built.

1957688_738817159546068_6119155966519794282_o.jpg
1495203_738816959546088_571897226377513121_o.jpg
10472818_738817992879318_871537530781401725_o.jpg
10688035_738817749546009_5343684830217501676_o.jpg
10255900_738816812879436_5195107854098512206_o.jpg

Then right there the argument is over. You are now trying to hide behind what if semantics rather than the most basic on the ground facts.

The AESA will be this.. and the composites will be that mean ZILCH. The aircraft has NOT yet reached the cutting block nor has the design even been finalized. All that exists is the data from Aero India and the on and off leaks. Based on that.. the Mk.2's picture is built.

Why are you mixing up Tejas MK-II and Gripen - NG????

Both will come in future. Till now we can concentrate on MK-I and Gripen - C/D.

It is precisely because I am a senior poster that I find the comparison frivolous and rather baseless. But just to entertain your overenthusiastic desire for the Tejas.. Ill do you some basic while correcting inaccuracies in your assumptions.

1) there is no AESA on the Mk.2 either(at the first batch)... So that point is a total fail. The Gripen NG which you try to compare it to has developed AESA from day 1. AESA retrofits are already on offer to pre-existing Gripen C/D users.

2 & 3 &5&6). The Tejas Mk.2 carries the F-414IN6.. a higher thrust engine than the F-414 to power the Tejas..it is a 22000lb class engine. The Gripen C/D carries the Volvo RM-12 which is a 18000lb class engine(although volvo aero is looking to increase it inhouse to around 19000-20000). But the Gripen weighs less than the Tejas Mk.2 and still carries more payload... because it is a mature fighter while the Tejas is still gestating. .. as can be seen by your rather emotional attempt to compare the Mk.2 (whose airframe is yet to be laid down) with the Gripen C/D(which is at the peak of its development and ABOUT to be replaced in service by its primary operator). The Thrust to weigh ratio of the Tejas Mk.2 in with take-off clean is reported to be around 9800kg from a ADA soure and assuming 10000kg(from the GE site stating engine class around 22,000 lbs..which is really not always the max thrust available as thrust various from altitude to altitude) as the thrust of the F-414 variant to be used in the Mk.2 ) works out to be around 1.02.. for the Tejas Mk.1 (from the Tejas.gov website).. the Clean take off weight is around 9500kg and with the Ge-404IN20's max at 8667 kg the T/W is 0.91. . For the Gripen C/D with 9070kg in Clean Take off comes to around 0.91. However, the gripen is still able to take more combat load at 5000 Kgthan either the current Mk.1 or even the proposed Mk.2 ..

4) AoA of the Gripen C/D has been "LIMITED" to 26 degrees. The limiter exists to ensure that the aircraft does not depart from controlled flight.. the Tejas was initially limited to 23-24 degrees during its test program. The F-16 is limited to 25.5. Hence there is little difference nor any bragging rights in your brining up the AoA.. other than for self satisfaction. As the Mk2 has YET to even get its first part cut.. any discussion regarding its AoA is pointless.

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hilarious is'nt it ?????

Aircraft of same design philosophy having different weapon loads???? One is 5 Tons and other 3.5 Tons????

3.5 Tons Weapon load plane has higher TWR ratio and powerful engine, and have lesser body weight!!!!!!

5 Tons Weapon load plane has lower TWR ratio and not so powerful engine!!!!

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hilarious is'nt it ?????

Aircraft of same design philosophy having different weapon loads???? One is 5 Tons and other 3.5 Tons????

3.5 Tons Weapon load plane has higher TWR ratio and powerful engine, and have lesser body weight!!!!!!

5 Tons Weapon load plane has lower TWR ratio and not so powerful engine!!!!

Exactly.. Shows that SAAB have managed to get more out of the Gripen than HAL have with the Tejas.

Exactly.. Shows that SAAB have managed to get more out of the Gripen than HAL have with the Tejas.

HeheheheehE :rofl:

Still Tejas MK-I has more TWR to Gripen-C/D. Have a look -
Tejas.jpg

Still do you think it is possible??????????

Think again and which aerodynamic law this is possible????

And who is telling lie here!!!! You will get the answer!!!

I don't want to say any thing further.

4) AoA of the Gripen C/D has been "LIMITED" to 26 degrees. The limiter exists to ensure that the aircraft does not depart from controlled flight.. the Tejas was initially limited to 23-24 degrees during its test program.

Tejas is designed for AoA of 35 degrees

HeheheheehE :rofl:

Still Tejas MK-I has more TWR to Gripen-C/D. Have a look -
View attachment 148099

Still do you think it is possible??????????

Think again and which aerodynamic law this is possible????

And who is telling lie here!!!! You will get the answer!!!

I don't want to say any thing further.

Well, if you are implying that the Tejas.gov site.. multiple Indian blogs.. are all incorrect and your semantics are all true.. OK. I have no time to argue with fanatics.

People have lost their sanity completely. Gripen vs Tejas MK1, are you kidding me?

Well, if you are implying that the Tejas.gov site.. multiple Indian blogs.. are all incorrect and your semantics are all true.. OK. I have no time to argue with fanatics.

I know you will say that! Do you know Tejas MK-I itself has inbuilt capacity to carry 5700 Kg weapon load???

But due to maintain Agility of aircraft it will not carry 5Tons!!!

Have a look at the weapon load capacity of Tejas MK-I.

40422419949744682408412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom