What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
You are right so do not bring JF 17 here. compare it with F 22 in some other thread.
you even can't compare tejas with
PAC Super Mushshak
Operators
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia

Tejas development program is a flop show. We must throw it in a dustbin and get back to drawing board.
You do know that Rome was not built in a day ?
We had economic crisis for a long time then DRDO getting blacklisted after 1998 tests.

As for being operational, look at the number of flight hours etc.

I do admit the comparison shouldn't be made right now, but hey lets not say Tejas is a failure.

Developing a plane and subsequently adding newer technologies, making revisions according to change in other planes around the world is not that easy.

F 22 vs PAKFA comparison started way before PAKFA took its first flight. Just an analogy.

Gripen is better than Tejas no doubt but one has to keep learning.

LCA IOC 2 will be in December end I think. Our AMCA development chances will increase as LCA knowledge will help us A LOT.

We started with Maruti and now you can look at our new gen. cars which are exported to many countries.

How is it a flop show??

This fighter has good potential to become 4++ gen fighter.

4++ Gen lol who are you kidding ? 30 years of development and still testing? It's a failure from the beginning.

Tejas v/s gripen... lol i don't want to live anymore :suicide::suicide:

You do know that Rome was not built in a day ?
We had economic crisis for a long time then DRDO getting blacklisted after 1998 tests.

As for being operational, look at the number of flight hours etc.

I do admit the comparison shouldn't be made right now, but hey lets not say Tejas is a failure.

Developing a plane and subsequently adding newer technologies, making revisions according to change in other planes around the world is not that easy.

F 22 vs PAKFA comparison started way before PAKFA took its first flight. Just an analogy.

Gripen is better than Tejas no doubt but one has to keep learning.

LCA IOC 2 will be in December end I think. Our AMCA development chances will increase as LCA knowledge will help us A LOT.

We started with Maruti and now you can look at our new gen. cars which are exported to many countries.
You're very optimistic about this plane. Well discuss that after one month. Tejas will land in a dustbin :p

4++ Gen lol who are you kidding ? 30 years of development and still testing? It's a failure from the beginning.

LCA mark 2 is a 4++ gen fighter which incorporates technologies from PAK-FA, and if possible from MMRCA.

This includes AESA, improved engine, stealth coating etc...etc....,

LCA is not a joke, it is a technology demonstrator and defender of India skies just in case of war.

Reason why this fighter jet is given much importance.

LCA mark 2 is a 4++ gen fighter which incorporates technologies from PAK-FA, and if possible from MMRCA.

This includes AESA, improved engine, stealth coating etc...etc....,

ONLY ON PAPERS LOL no actual plane exist till date.

LCA is not a joke, it is a technology demonstrator and defender of India skies just in case of war.

IT IS A JOKE FOR MANY YEARS NOW :D

Reason why this fighter jet is given much importance.

Stupid & lame policies I guess :confused:

I wouldn't put my bet on that piece of obsolete sh!t called Tejas.

Stupid & lame policies I guess :confused:

:):):)

I wouldn't put my bet on that piece of obsolete sh!t called Tejas.

True the policies of Govt. are to blame. They initially wanted to go for "every thing indigenous" then in 1998 sanctions were imposed after nuke tests, so no technology transfer from firms which were already working as consultants. Then after the sanctions were lifted the requirements from the IAF were changed , including engine ..... :P.

2014 we are about to get a squadron of LCA mark 1 ..... :D

Advantage with LCA is that we can mass produce if there is a war, no one can ship 100's of fighter jets in a week or so if we request during the times of war. So IAF wants LCA :).

Such a beautiful fighter .................... and people call it a piece of sh!t ..... :P

Hal01_full-734723.jpg

Last edited:
JF-17 > Tejas / Gripen in terms of technology. This no one can deny. :-)

Last edited:
Your Army wanted to replace aging MIGs not the industry. After this many years they are still needing to be replaced and are in large number. It wasn't a good decision not take help from others. You made your need dependent upon RND and in the end you have to take the help which is even worst. In simple words after spending time instead of owning self tech you had to import it. Regarding fibre materials and MFD, radars to some extent you maybe right but it still doesn't give your army the home grown option to replace their aging fleet which was the main requirement for LCA project. In the end we may see LCA inducted in IAF but in lot less numbers just to conclude the project.

You have a point but there are multiple ways to achieve the objectives. We choose R & D Path which was long but that taught us so may thing. We research and so many thing. We are over hump now. We have a very decent aircraft in our hand. What we have to do is to refine it now. Except some aerodynamic issue, we have addressed almost all the issues now. With MK2, We shall have a absolutely top class fighter in our hand and that too our own. It will have MMRCA capability. We had intended to replace Mig 21 with LCA but now we shall be able to replace Mig 21, Mig 27, Jaguar and Mirage with it. We shall be able to come out with MK3 within next 5 years. Believe me this program is going to make us leader in aviation technology. Not only that, this program has given us the capability to replace and upgrade so many stuff on our foreign fighters. MKI uses Mission computer, Lots of avionics and and other EW stuff developed for Tejas. We shall be able to use our own RADAR in other fighters. We have EW suit Mayavi for Mig and Jags etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom