What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
Listen Mr. Derolo I had earlier also warned you not to quote me!!

People like you disown your own country!!! Now get lost!!!!

and who are you again?

Time for India to disown a failed 45 year old program.

Yes, it is fully capable fighter serving in numbers with it's main customer, with next upgrades expected anytime soon. It will be exported, there is no question of that. The question is, when.
JF-17 are fully combat capable.

Good for you people. Actually I admire what Pakistan is doing in constrained budget. All the best from me.

Yes, it is fully capable fighter serving in numbers with it's main customer, with next upgrades expected anytime soon. It will be exported, there is no question of that. The question is, when.
JF-17 are fully combat capable.

Are you kidding?

Both squadron of JF17 are of IOC standard how can you call it fully combat capable. Read this article

JF-17 and Lca Tejas: Difference in approach | idrw.org

BTW, to make life easy for you, read the comments by people who actually make and fly JF-17s, which are available on this forum, that JF-17 is fully combat cleared.

Was it fullycombat cleared,when it joined PAF ?

idrw is your source?

How drunk are you?

BTW, to make life easy for you, read the comments by people who actually make and fly JF-17s, which are available on this forum, that JF-17 is fully combat cleared.

Can you prove even a single line of that article as false? You cant change the reality that Blk 1 is IOC standard not fully capable.

Of course, but the payload must comply to the size and weight limitations of that station. You can take the EF for comparision too, that can carry a 1000l fuel tank on the centerline, just as a targeting pod, but width limitations restrict it from carrying a cruise missile or even an GBU 10 LGB (2000lb).
I think 1200 kg is what it can carry. We can have 500 ib bombs in racks

1) there is no AESA on the Mk.2 either(at the first batch)... So that point is a total fail. The Gripen NG which you try to compare it to has developed AESA from day 1. AESA retrofits are already on offer to pre-existing Gripen C/D users.

@Oscar sir.....are you sure about this.....
last time I checked......mk2 was headed for a hybrid el/m 2052 aesa radar which some say is on par with f16 block 52 radars

IMO India has already equalled, if not bettered, Sweden in terms of tech capability of aeronautical industry.Swedish aeronautical industry is still more mature than India though.

In the next 30 years we can realistically hope to catch up with France and Russia.

Which world you are living in partner?

Check the centerline of LCA and how much space there is in width and length between the gear bays, then you will understand what limitations there are.

All the Block-II is.. ends up summarised as an avionics upgrade with the addition of IFR.

That's enough, because these upgrades makes it more capable than the Block 1 and and LCA MK1 with upgraded radar modes and avionics would also be more capable, that's why it's logical that a fighter is more capable with every upgrade step, no matter how comprehensive the upgrade step is. The LCAs MK2 upgrade is mainly aimed on IN requirements, since the MK2 will be the base for N-LCA, that's why it's more comprehensive. IAF for example didn't demanded AESA radar or additional internal fuel, that's why they might induct an MK2 with the puls doppler MMR with some more added modes, while IN insists on AESA radars for the N-LCA.

Had the Tejas Mk.1 been the fighter the IAF was looking for..there would have been more orders rather than the 40 odd and NO MORE as the IAF itself has stated. It still however has potential to be exported.

Wrong, the last MK1 will be inducted by 2018/19, which is when the production of MK2 is planned too, so if IAF can get the upgraded version by then, why would they need to order more MK1s? Same goes for PAF, the last Block 1 was delivered last year if I'm not wrong and the production automatically went to Block 2 standards.
Btw the first production batch of MK1 is the first sq that is planned till the end of 2017, IAF ordered the 2nd batch later, whch they would had if they don't consider the MK1 as capable enough and if the production could had been started earlier, they might had ordered another batch too, but at this point it simply doesn't make sense for them anymore.
You have to understand that the industry is pushing here for higher production rates and therefor more more orders, but as said above that doesn't make sense for IAF anymore with the MK2 to arrive soon, that's why they are saying that the industry can offer the MK1 to exports countries to increase the production rate.[/QUOTE]

Check the centerline of LCA and how much space there is in width and length between the gear bays, then you will understand what limitations there are.
@sancho

g3pr.jpg
123.jpg

sxOemQ9.jpg

Do you think there is less space?

Back
Top Bottom