What's new

LCA Tejas MK 1 VS Gripen C/D

Which plane is batter according to you?

• Total voters
Hehe, only because you let yourself confuse by advertisements, doesn't mean they are reality and I didn't even said that it can't carry muti pylons at all, but that the current Griffin kits seems to be too big for a twin combo. With smaller or different bomb kits, it might be feasable, but then a quad pack of SPICE 250 on the centerline would make more sense. Even Saab is now integrating the SDB in twin or quad racks to gain more advantage of smaller size at the wing or centerstations.

Gripen E presentation in Brzil with 3 x AAM's on the centerline stations (not at multi pylons) and SDB racks at the wings:
14657239911_74856efb3d_b.jpg

BsbvQl7CAAAr2ge.jpg:large

Good Try!! Just wait and see SBD getting BIGGER AND BIGGER!! It's just matter of time!!

As power increases on NG and MK-II you will see much bigger stuff.

As power increases on NG and MK-II you will see much bigger stuff.

Which again shows that you don't understand what's important in the NG upgrade, because it's not the power that makes it more capable, but the additional hardpoints. If they had integrated the new engine but remained with the current hardpoint layout, there wouldn't be any improvement in weapon carrying capability, because it still could carry larger loads only in the inner wingstations. The key change however is, moving the gearbay in an extreemly smart way and that creates the space to carry larger and higher loads.

Which again shows that you don't understand what's important in the NG upgrade, because it's not the power that makes it more capable, but the additional hardpoints. If they had integrated the new engine but remained with the current hardpoint layout, there wouldn't be any improvement in weapon carrying capability, because it still could carry larger loads only in the inner wingstations. The key change however is, moving the gearbay in an extreemly smart way and that creates the space to carry larger and higher loads.

Any Designs or Pic of NG underbelly with changed Gear Bay???

Any Designs or Pic of NG underbelly with changed Gear Bay???

Gripen C above, Gripen NG below (check the gearbay positions)
Gripen C & NG comparison.JPG

Gripen C above, Gripen NG below
Magyar Legiero - Saab JAS-39C Gripen - 32 - 8169 NET.jpg

161557_640.jpg

Gripen C above, Gripen NG below
Gripen C landing.PNG

Gripen-NG landing.jpg

Last edited:
Both are heavily dependent upon foreign components .I beleive swed`s are much better in that area .Sorry no offense to LCA but it really looks incomplete where as Gripen some how looks complete in every manner .

I go for he SAAB... I know nothing about these 2 but the word European satisfies me! :-)

Both are heavily dependent upon foreign components .I beleive swed`s are much better in that area .Sorry no offense to LCA but it really looks incomplete where as Gripen some how looks complete in every manner .
Gripen is a beautiful aircraft. But no one really buy a fighter plane for its looks. If LCA can do the job, it is good enough for us.

To be frank, Tejas is UGLY. The air frame design hasn't changed at all in the last 10 years - right from the first flight. The airframe resembles the extremely conventional, conservative, cautious Indian mindset. Among the contemporary competitors, Tejas looks like a Sparrow among Eagles and Vultures.

It does look very plain and placid to be honest.

A little like a common south Indian small meek and mild.

i think gripen is no match to lca tejas, the great match will be f22 vs tejas or f35 vs tejas :angry:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom