What's new

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

I didn't say they were breaking the law, I merely said they were "doing this" meaning the colored highlighted portions. And, if it is a crime in Pakistan that is justified by a true understanding of Islam, then it should be a crime everywhere.

The law of the land is made with respect to the understanding of the people who belong to the land, just like Gay marriage is legal in some states, and illegal in some. Its not universal.

I am sure this is an exaggeration by the Guardian. Shower rose petals???? Who showers rose petals in a courtroom - I have not even seen that in a cheesy Bollywood movie.

Minorities are safe in Pakistan as long as they dont insult Islam and our Prophet. They can practice their Religion as they please, no one is stopping them from practicing their Religion.

Christians believe that your prophet is a fake phophet and their religion also requires them to propagate their religion.

So basically you are denying them their right to practice their religion by putting up the above conditions.

So you are lying, minorities can not practice their religion freely, only as a subordinate religion to Islam in pakistan.

Some posters here are truly blinded by their misguided convictions to such an extent that reason or logic has no place in any discourse with them.

This is a favored tactic of the religious bigots so that the enlightened may just shut up realising their efforts are futile.

However, it will not work here. :lol:

PS: I did not want to say this, but for those thinking I am a liberal, think again: I am a religiously conservative muslim with //text removed//.

Last edited:
@ V Cheng well said i also oppose this law as its hurting the name of Islam and Muslims , Islam was spread by one Man Mohd (PBUH) who spread the message of Islam by character ... those who support this murder fail to understand what kind of message they are we portrying to non-muslims by supporting this henious cowardly act

@ V Cheng well said i also oppose this law as its hurting the name of Islam and Muslims , Islam was spread by one Man Mohd (PBUH) who spread the message of Islam by character ... those who support this murder fail to understand what kind of message they are we portrying to non-muslims by supporting this henious cowardly act

What people must realise that whatever the faults of Salman Taseer were, they cannot be used as a justifcation for murder in the name of Islam.

Anyone who does so is guilty just the same as the bigot who murdered ST in cold blood.

I think this has probably got more to do more with the mass arrests of lawyers than anything else.

Reminds me of one of my fave Pakistani poems

Last edited by a moderator:
Christians believe that your prophet is a fake phophet and their religion also requires them to propagate their religion.

So basically you are denying them their right to practice their religion by putting up the above conditions.

So you are lying, minorities can not practice their religion freely, only as a subordinate religion to Islam in pakistan.

We Muslims believe that Jesus was not son of God, Jesus (peace be upon him) was a Prophet.

Christians and Muslims have some disagreements but it doesnt mean Christians should badmouth Islam. We Muslims regard Christians and Jews as the People of the Book. We have more in common with Christians than Hindus. In every Muslim country, you will find a Christian presence. They can practice their Religion perfectly fine without badmouthing Islam. They can pray to their cross, they can go to their churches, they can get baptised, they can celebrate Christmas, they can fast during Lent, they can put crosses on their foreheads during Ash Wednesday, they can celebrate Easter, they can read their Bible, they can follow the 10 commandments, they can recite their hymns and prayers, their nuns and priests can wear their traditional clothes, they can wear their crosses around their necks, they can get married the way they want to, they can bury their dead the way they want to. No one in Pakistan is stopping them from doing those things, so how are we stopping them from practicing their Religion. We just want them to respect our sensitivities.

We are not forcing anyone to accept Islam, we dont want anyone insulting Islam especially in Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Do you think a good Christian is one that insults Islam?

I dont see millions of Pakistani Christians complaining. I only see indians ( who have absolutely nothing to do with the internal matters of Pakistan) complaining.

Last edited:
We Muslims believe that Jesus was not son of God, Jesus (peace be upon him) was a Prophet.

I heard about this fact very recently. Prophet Mohammed, i believe has tried to send the message that "No religion is an enemy to any other religion".

But i am curious to know, if a Muslim, who talks bad about any other religion, classified under minority religion in Pakistan, will still be given death sentence under Blasphemy law?

I don't want to hide the fact that there are religious extremists in India...

Back
Top Bottom