What's new

Land mafia knocks over historical Sikh temple in Mardan Pakistan

As a Sikh I find this news utterly sickening, I would love to travel to some of my religion's holy sights in Pakistan but this news shows me the true face of tolerance to other faiths in Pakistan and means I shall stay away. All this BS talk on this site saying Pakistan is a haven for Sikhs and they support Indian Sikhs blah blah blah just goes to show.

Disgusting.

and here we are rebuilding theit moskes...this is why sikhism is superior to islam.

History of sorts was created when namaz (muslim prayer) was performed at historical Guru-ki-maseet, (Guru's Mosque) which was got constructed by the Sixth Sikh Guru Hargobind, for the Muslim brethren about 400 years ago.

Guru-ki-maseet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the controversy of Babri Masjid [in Ayodhya] stands unresolved, a "memorandum of understanding" (MoU) has been signed by the Nihangs — the caretakers of the mosque and the Punjab Waqf Board in the presence of Deputy Commissioner K.A.P. Sinha. Dr Mohammad Rizwanul Haque, Administrator, Punjab Wakf Board, described the MoU as an international event which would pave the way for strengthening communal harmony in the country.

Ms Gurmeet Rai, Director, Cultural Resource Conservation Initiative (CRCI), who was honoured with an international award by UNESCO for the conservation of the historical Krishan Temple at Kishankot village, near here, said though as per the MoU, the Taruna Dal, a sect of Nihangs, had agreed to conserve Guru-ki-maseet as a traditional mosque by allowing to perform namaz, yet the Wakf Board requested the Nihangs to continue as caretakers.

It may be mentioned here that this 17th century mosque on the banks of the Beas was got built by the Sixth Sikh Guru for his Muslim subjects. The legend has it that the Hindu god Vishwakarma came down to the earth in a human form to build this sacred town. For many years, this mosque has been maintained by the Nihangs as it was abandoned at the time of the Partition in 1947. Dr Haque said he remembered that the late Baba Kirtan Singh, the Nihang chief of the Taruna Dal, had signed an MoU at Baba Bakala on February 8 last year. He said it was the desire of babaji that Muslims must perform their namaz at the mosque which was gifted to them. As per the wishes of Baba Kirtan Singh, five saplings were planted in the names of five pirs.

Baba Balbir Singh, who is the caretaker of the mosque, told TNS that the Nihangs had preserved the "amanat" of Muslim brethren after the Partition of the country. He said the holy Guru Granth Sahib which was placed inside the mosque was taken to the newly constructed adjoining building so that the mosque could be preserved in its original form as gifted by Guru Hargobind.

Dr Sukhdev Singh, state convener, INTACH, said the CRCI had started the conservation work with the financial help of Sikh Foundation.

A community meal for children who volunteered to work on the renovation of Guru-ki-maseet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maulwi Hamid Hussain Qasmi was specially called to perform namaz from Amritsar. Before the namaz, in presence of a large number of Nihangs and officers of the district administration, Mr Akhlaq Ahmed Khan, Chief Executive Officer, Punjab Wakf Board, said the performance of namaz after 55 years would be recorded in the world history as an event when Sikh brethren showed so much magnanimity towards Muslims.

Earlier, awards were presented to the villagers and members of the CRCI at Kishankot village, where an ancient temple, being looked after the Sikhs was preserved with a cost of Rs 14 lakh. This temple was built during the reign of legendry Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

Mr Richard A.Engelhardt, Regional Advisor for culture in Asia and the Pacific, while presenting awards, said the small village temple had been highlighted at the international level with this award. Mr Barjinder Kumar Uppal, SSP, Gurdaspur, Ms V. Neerja, SSP, Batala, and Mr V.K. Mishra, Vice-Chairman, INTACH, were present at the ceremony.

and here we are rebuilding theit moskes...this is why sikhism is superior to islam.

Mate if you were truly a Sikh you would not have said that. Sikhism at its core teaches no religion is superior to another, we are all on different paths to the same end point. This is basic Sikhism.

4-Sikhs_Hindus_Muslims.jpg

sikhs rebilding mosue destroyed during partition

Mass2.jpg

sikhs looking at muslims performing their pray rituals

Mate if you were truly a Sikh you would not have said that. Sikhism at its core teaches no religion is superior to another, we are all on different paths to the same end point. This is basic Sikhism.

this is why it is superior.

There's only one country which is the home of the Sikhs worldwide and that is India.

This is all happening bcs our first PM Nehru in all his wisdom(if he has any) didn't push through partition 100%. There should been a 100% transfer of population, with all Muslim population going to Pakistan and all non-Muslim population coming to India.
What crap are you talking about, i am an atheist Hindu but i will not tolerate mo*** like you spewing hate.
If we start transfer population like that, then why restrict to Hindus and Muslims lets give seprate state to Sikh's, Christian's, Jain's, Buddhist.
Why stop at religion only lets divide on basis of region also Gujratis seprate bengalis seprate.

You dear sir will never understand the greatness of Nehru even though i do not agree with his economic policy, he did everything to keep nation united.

Look at Pakistan a nation formed in the name of religion again got divided, that's why we Indians have remained united because we are Indians first.

As a Sikh I find this news utterly sickening, I would love to travel to some of my religion's holy sights in Pakistan but this news shows me the true face of tolerance to other faiths in Pakistan and means I shall stay away. All this BS talk on this site saying Pakistan is a haven for Sikhs and they support Indian Sikhs blah blah blah just goes to show.

Disgusting.

When Shias and Ahmedis cannot be safe in Pakistan it really stupid to expect that Sikh places of worship would be safe in Pakistan.

This is all happening bcs our first PM Nehru in all his wisdom(if he has any) didn't push through partition 100%. There should been a 100% transfer of population, with all Muslim population going to Pakistan and all non-Muslim population coming to India.

Don't talk nonsense. You do India a great injustice. India is a secular nation which actually has far more Muslims than PAKISTAN! And is second only to Indonesia in number of Muslims. The vast majority of these are peace-loving patriots who love their nation. The notion of Indian Muslims having a soft spot for Pakistan is long since dead.

Your views are utterly outdated.

Land mafia knocks over historical Sikh temple in Mardan Pakistan

PESHAWAR: Over 150-year old historical temple of Baba Karam Singh was demolished overnight by the land mafia in Mardan, DawnNews reported on Thursday.

Land mafia knocks over historical Sikh temple in Mardan | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Now Should't Sikh and Hindus India go and knock down some Mosque in India. Fair game. Just as what happened in Pakistan and Bangladesh after Babri masjid demolition. Mind you this was no ordinary gurudwara.

are u retarded???:undecided:
what has this to do with indian defence?

go and give justice to rape victims of 1984 sikh holocaust :agree:

What crap are you talking about, i am an atheist Hindu but i will not tolerate mo*** like you spewing hate.
If we start transfer population like that, then why restrict to Hindus and Muslims lets give seprate state to Sikh's, Christian's, Jain's, Buddhist.
Why stop at religion only lets divide on basis of region also Gujratis seprate bengalis seprate.

You dear sir will never understand the greatness of Nehru even though i do not agree with his economic policy, he did everything to keep nation united.

Thats not hate. Its simple common sense. Who demanded partition..was it Jains, Buddhists, Christians etc..it was Muslims and they had it. So its just simple common sense that those who demanded it will move to their place and in return as I have said in my previous posts also that all non-Muslims in South Asia who face discrimination in their place should move to India and this also includes Tamils from SL.

Look at Pakistan a nation formed in the name of religion again got divided, that's why we Indians have remained united because we are Indians first.

I never said that India should be a religious based country. It should remain secular for ever..and on the unity part we can thank our constitution makers who respected the sentiments of respective states and never called for a very strong central govt like in Pakistan before. If bigger states like UP/Bihar would have allowed to take advantage of smaller states like Kerala (like Punjab dominates the smaller states in Pakistan), we could have kissed unity part good bye long ago.

Don't talk nonsense. You do India a great injustice. India is a secular nation which actually has far more Muslims than PAKISTAN! And is second only to Indonesia in number of Muslims. The vast majority of these are peace-loving patriots who love their nation. The notion of Indian Muslims having a soft spot for Pakistan is long since dead.

Your views are utterly outdated.

Well with 20-30% of the British Indian population Muslims successfully implemented partition. India now have around 14% Muslim population. Wait till it reaches the tipping point of 20% or so and there is a good chance that we will have partition 2.0.

They may have no love for Pakistan, but surely some will like to have a separate land as in 1947.

Sikhisim, Jainisim and Buddisim are Indic faith and they totally compatible with Hinduisim but middle eastern religon are not.

It's really sad and shameful incident and there is no way to undo the feelings of Sikh community, However Govt. of Pakistan must rebuilt a better Gurdwara on same place on priority basis and the culprit behind must be punished to set an example.

But people must keep in mind, it's not an incident where Muslim mob went to demolish it. Land mafia has done it, they even demolish the grave yards of Muslims and sell the land and unfortunately this mafia is backed by bloody mother f***r politicians.

Well with 20-30% of the British Indian population Muslims successfully implemented partition. India now have around 14% Muslim population. Wait till it reaches the tipping point of 20% or so and there is a good chance that we will have partition 2.0.

They may have no love for Pakistan, but surely some will like to have a separate land as in 1947.

What's the rationale between a temple destroyed by criminals in Pakistan with Muslims of India?

Back
Top Bottom