What's new

Land mafia knocks over historical Sikh temple in Mardan Pakistan

I understand news like often touches a raw nerve and brings about a knee jerk reaction. But things always goes the other way as well. No doubt religious minorities are persecuted in Pakistan. But it is just one form of persecution among many. Is it an accident that all Maoists in India today are tribal minorities? You and I in our right mind won't even dream about harming anybody from a tribal background. Yet urban India's insatiable demand for raw materials has pushed these people to brink. Remember only a completely desparate person with nothing left to loose picks up guns against the state.

I think the Maoist problem is a little more complex than that.

As for Indian Muslims I am not even going into Babri demolision or Gujarat.

Yeah as if no Hindu-Muslim riots happened before Babri Masjid and we both know what ignited Gujarat Riots. Also are you conveniently forgetting the various terrorist acts,including 26/11, conducted by Jihadi groups in the name of justice for the above acts.

Simply living under a constant suspicion of a beligerent majority (an overwhelming majority, mind you) is enough to push a whole minority into desperation which is exactly what is happening today in India.

Then why didn't this complex happen to all minorities and only Muslims complain about this and in modern India they outnumber all other minorities combined.

What Nehru did he did because he saw the threat of dividing a society on the basis of religion. Minorities will suffer but it's the majority who will suffer even more. And if we indeed start implementing your plan we will end up with such a devastating holocaust that even Hitler will shiver.

What did I propose that will make even Hitler shiver?..a simple transfer of population, didn't that happened in partition before. Bcs of Nehru's foresight (or lack of it) we are now in a situation where we are secular, but cannot practice secularism in the true sense. We had numerous and will continue to have numerous Hindu-Muslim riots which will tarnish our image in the world stage.Vote bank politics and Muslim appeasement is a trump card for moronic leaders . We spend may be millions of dollars every year, which could have been otherwise used for more productive purposes, for keeping watch on Jihadi groups and every year have to endure the terrorist threats (and bombings) and police checks.
Could all this have been avoided if we just went through partition 100%. Muslims happy in their Pakistan and we non-Muslims happy in India and there is no call of persecution from either side of the border. In short Sir, Nehru was an idealistic fool out of tune with reality and lacking foresight.

I think the Maoist problem is a little more complex than that.

You are right. A little more. Not Much more.

Yeah as if no Hindu-Muslim riots happened before Babri Masjid

And your point is?

and we both know what ignited Gujarat Riots.

Great. Find them and punish those who did the Godhra. For God's sake don't justify riots and try to develop a gut wrenching reaction against riots. It took lives of a 1000 Muslims and 250 Hindus almost all of whom innocent and had no connection with the incident.

Also are you conveniently forgetting the various terrorist acts,including 26/11, conducted by Jihadi groups in the name of justice for the above acts.

And how many Indian Muslims were involved in 26/11. Also, how many of them were killed in it?

Then why didn't this complex happen to all minorities and only Muslims complain about this and in modern India they outnumber all other minorities combined.

Because it's almost solely directed against them. Duh.

What did I propose that will make even Hitler shiver?..a simple transfer of population

Give it a thought. You are asking 170 million people to leave their home and job and to settle in a different land with an uncertain future. And they will agree with a smile. And we won't have push them at gunpoint until they cross the border. And Pakistan will agree and take the burden. And the same thing will happen for the other 2.4 million from Pakistani side. Really!

At partition 7 miilion came into India from West Pakistan. 7.24 million went from India to West Pakistan. The associated riots took 1 million lives. Do the math and let me know the estimated counts for this time.

Back
Top Bottom