What's new

Kuwaiti parliament approves Typhoon procurement

I have seen these ones. Not the one you posted earlier though. :tup:

How likely is Bahrain to order Tuphoons by the way? Any news update on that one?
they are upgrading the current f16's. and looking for some new wings to replace the f5's

below sum's up their position.

Bahraini Crown Prince Salman Bin Hamad Al Khalifa was said in May 2015 to be disagreeing with Bahraini PM Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa on the Saudi role in plans to buy the Eurofighter Typhoon for the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF). By June 2015 Bahraini King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa was said to have decided to keep contact with the Pentagon on a new offer from Lockheed Martin to sell more F-16 fighter jets for the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF). In October 2015 Bahraini PM Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa is said to have received a delegation from the Pentagon in Manama for talks about a deal for the F-16 aircraft in favor of the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF).

@Spectre
There are links from maker to client. Both Egypt and Qatar had bought Dassault products before.
So did UAE of course and, although I shouldn't mention that in relation to a deal, so did India!
Koweit and KSA are traditionally buying US_UK.

Et n'en déplaise à Mikey, the Rafale is, if not better outright, miles ahead of Typhoon today :
weapons alone show that to be true even if the Brimstone is a possibility and HMCS a lack.
But then, when are the Typhies getting an AESA exactly? We had it for 3 years.

It isn possible however that we may see strange deals in the next 20-30 months due to geo-pol
considerations.
But forget Qatar buying anything else for now. Considering the weapons purchased alongside the
Rafale deal, they are not looking for a new platform.

Great day all, Tay.

Last edited:
It is really disappointed to see so much money for so less ,Europeans are really making Middle east crises into there cash cows .Imagine if all these gulf put there money to make there own aeroplane .Alas such a disappointment 8 Billion Euro WOW !

LMAO...comingcoming from a Pakistani??:rofl:
Mate your country imports virtually EVERYTHING, and depends on foreign powers for almost all its military needs. If the U.S, U.K,FRANCE AND CHINA was to stop all aid, supplies to Pakistan then you wont even have a military. :lol:.

Just because pakistan is a poor country and doesnt have the amount of money gulf countries have shouldnt mean you should be bitter about how they spend their cash. :D

You don't need to suck Arab a$$ just because they are subsidizing your aircraft industry.

Nobody raised questions on importing fighter jets. I specifically talked about this in my post

Who stops Arab countries from investing $10 billion in their local industry...ToT infrastructure..in house manufacturing..or any other development in terms of industrial and scientific capabilities.

You see, idiot, the point is that Arab leaders are just wasting money and as a European--who's getting free money--you are happy and I understand that. But this is a defence forum--nobody is stupid here (except may be you).

Any other country with so much leverage would have signed a much better deal. Saudis, Kuwaitis, Omanis etc literally spend tens of billions of dollars on Western weapons. Any other country would go for ToT contracts, some local industrial capacity building, and so on and on.

For example, look at Turkey and their contracts. They always emphasize on increasing their capabilities via ToT. Same with Indians--they want ToT, local production etc.

GCC Arab countries don't do smart defence contracts. We all know it. You can lick Arab butthole all you want--but reality wouldn't change much.

And oh, Pakistan has a much, much bigger local defence production capability than Kuwait or Saudi Arabia--despite us being economically poor.

Even we do ToT contracts, local production of jets, joint-projects such as JF-17s which helps us alot, and manufacturing local tanks with foreign help in engine technology etc. goes a long way in help us maintain our military locally--as much as we can.

Our military won't cease to exist if foreign supply is cut. Yes, our fighting capability would decrease for sure, but we would still have a capability to mount a massive war effort for couple of months (before supplies/spares run out). And most wars will end wayyyy before that.

Moreover, its not like we are dependent on America for our trident missiles etc :lol: We design and develop our own nuclear warheads and delivery systems---the ultimate guarantee of our safety from a conventional attack from India etc.

There's no country except U.S that can militarily threaten us with a proper conventional invasion. Not a single nation.

Same goes for UK. So I don't know why you have a boot up your irrelevant, increasingly diminishing Britsh ***.

With average age already over 40...in next decades, you won't even have enough men to raise a massive army.

Last edited:
You don't need to suck Arab a$$ just because they are subsidizing your aircraft industry.

Nobody raised questions on importing fighter jets. I specifically talked about this in my post

You see, idiot, the point is that Arab leaders are just wasting money and as a European--who's getting free money--you are happy and I understand that. But this is a defence forum--nobody is stupid here (except may be you).

Any other country with so much leverage would have signed a much better deal. Saudis, Kuwaitis, Omanis etc literally spend tens of billions of dollars on Western weapons. Any other country would go for ToT contracts, some local industrial capacity building, and so on and on.

For example, look at Turkey and their contracts. They always emphasize on increasing their capabilities via ToT. Same with Indians--they want ToT, local production etc.

GCC Arab countries don't do smart defence contracts. We all know it. You can lick Arab butthole all you want--but reality wouldn't change much.

And oh, Pakistan has a much, much bigger local defence production capability than Kuwait or Saudi Arabia--despite us being economically poor.

Even we do ToT contracts, local production of jets, joint-projects such as JF-17s which helps us alot, and manufacturing local tanks with foreign help in engine technology etc. goes a long way in help us maintain our military locally--as much as we can.

Our military won't cease to exist if foreign supply is cut. Yes, our fighting capability would decrease for sure, but we would still have a capability to mount a massive war effort for couple of months (before supplies/spares run out). And most wars will end wayyyy before that.

Moreover, its not like we are dependent on America for our trident missiles etc :lol: We design and develop our own nuclear warheads and delivery systems---the ultimate guarantee of our safety from a conventional attack from India etc.

There's no country except U.S that can militarily threaten us with a proper conventional invasion. Not a single nation.

Same goes for UK. So I don't know why you have a boot up your irrelevant, increasingly diminishing Britsh ***.

With average age already over 40...in next decades, you won't even have enough men to raise a massive army.

What are you on about dude?? lol Pakistan is one of the poorest countries in the world. It cant afford to buy the latest world class weapons since it can barely feed its own people and doesn't have the necessary amount of cash/budget unlike Gulf countries. If you had the money gulf countries have then you will be buying our latest shiny toys as well.:agree:
These are all facts, it's not like i am saying something new that everybody here doesn't already knows, its not like i have anything against Pakistan either. I am just stating facts. The very fact that you Pakistanis have to travel to Gulf states to work slave jobs means you are in no position to make fun of them. Plus you said i'm licking Arab ***?? LMAO:lol: You have lost your way mate. Can see you got really bitter because i said some hard facts you dont want to hear, even though you know it's the truth

And as i said before: THE WAY A RICH MAN SPENDS HIS MONEY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POOR PAKISTAN. After all, as far as i know these rich gulf countries gives you people ALOT OF AID/ALMS. So be grateful to them.:enjoy:

Typhoon has generally lost out to Rafale, Gripen, F-18, F-16 Block 60, so....interesting choice. o_O

Good for them...i mean, its a waste of money, but still, good for them.

Typhoon has generally lost out to Rafale, Gripen, F-18, F-16 Block 60, so....interesting choice. o_O
Isn't it? Besides, Kuwait's only real enemy is Iran, and Iran doesn't even seem to even have Kuwait on its radar.

Really, they should have just bought second hand f-16 and had them upgraded. Cheaper and more than a match for literally everything in Iran's arsenal.

No it,s like Kuwaiti pilots in typhoons and Indian pilot in an auto rakshaw pointing his asshole upwards with a supersonic fart missile locked in....lol

What are you on about dude?? lol Pakistan is one of the poorest countries in the world. It cant afford to buy the latest world class weapons since it can barely feed its own people and doesn't have the necessary amount of cash/budget unlike Gulf countries. If you had the money gulf countries have then you will be buying our latest shiny toys as well.:agree:
These are all facts, it's not like i am saying something new that everybody here doesn't already knows, its not like i have anything against Pakistan either. I am just stating facts. The very fact that you Pakistanis have to travel to Gulf states to work slave jobs means you are in no position to make fun of them. Plus you said i'm licking Arab ***?? LMAO:lol: You have lost your way mate. Can see you got really bitter because i said some hard facts you dont want to hear, even though you know it's the truth

And as i said before: THE WAY A RICH MAN SPENDS HIS MONEY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POOR PAKISTAN. After all, as far as i know these rich gulf countries gives you people ALOT OF AID/ALMS. So be grateful to them.:enjoy:

You purposefully missed my main point and continued to suck Arab a$$hole because you guys are getting free money. I understand that :lol:

And no, Pakistan wouldn't be spending $10 billion (if it was rich) without getting any ToT contracts, local production, increase in local industrial capacity etc. etc. Nobody in the world does it. Indians don't, Turks don't...and they are no way near as rich as Arabs in the first place.

Anyways, its pretty useless to talk to somebody who hasn't even graduated highschool (as you told in your introduction).

Kuwait is the third Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) export customer for the Typhoon after Saudi Arabia and Oman. Deliveries of the 72 aircraft for Saudi Arabia are continuing out of BAE Systems' Warton facility in the United Kingdom, while the company has just begun assembly of the first of the 12 jets ordered by Oman. The Kuwaiti order brings to 599 the number of Typhoons that have been committed to (out of an orderbook of 719), 467 of which have so far been delivered to Austria, Germany, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

There are few other European countries who are in the process of replacing their old fighter jets, there is a high possibility they will go for a proven European fighter like our Typhoons and few others.
IF THAT IS FAILURE THEN I HOPE WE KEEP FAILING.:enjoy:

Typhoon fighters give a boost to BAE's results
Boost for BAE as Kuwait orders Typhoon fighters - Telegraph

they are upgrading the current f16's. and looking for some new wings to replace the f5's

below sum's up their position.

Bahraini Crown Prince Salman Bin Hamad Al Khalifa was said in May 2015 to be disagreeing with Bahraini PM Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa on the Saudi role in plans to buy the Eurofighter Typhoon for the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF). By June 2015 Bahraini King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa was said to have decided to keep contact with the Pentagon on a new offer from Lockheed Martin to sell more F-16 fighter jets for the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF). In October 2015 Bahraini PM Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa is said to have received a delegation from the Pentagon in Manama for talks about a deal for the F-16 aircraft in favor of the Royal Bahraini Air Force (RBAF).

So there is still a strong possibility there might go with Typhoon as well, since nothing is confirmed.
from this recent article a month ago it says:

" Two years ago, details emerged of a possible deal to supply the United Arab Emirates with additional F-16s in an upgraded Block 60 configuration, along with a modernisation activity for its current examples. A deal has yet to be signed, but Groesch confirms: “We’re still talking to them about that.”

Separately, Bahrain has yet to confirm an intention to replace its remaining 12 Northrop F-5E/Fs. With the Eurofighter Typhoon considered a leading contender for such a requirement, campaign lead BAE Systems exhibited a full-scale replica and had a simulator on show at the 21-23 January event, staged at Sakhir air base.

getasset.aspx

Bahrain International Airshow

To assist with promoting the type, BAE chief executive Ian King and UK defence minister Philip Dunne were among UK officials present on the opening day of the biennial show.

Bahrain considering F-16V order, fleet upgrade

Don't forget that we have strong political and military ties with Bahrain for decades now. This can be seen on the new large naval base we are building in the country which will host our Queen elizabeth class carriers from 2020s.
Britain returns 'East of Suez' with permanent Royal Navy base in Gulf - Telegraph
BAE Systems strengthens the Bahrain team with the appointment of Mark Simpkins as Vice President for the Middle East - Zawya
So its still very much possible we might get this deal.:cheers:

Last edited:
There are few other European countries who are in the process of replacing their old fighter jets, there is a high possibility they will go for a proven European fighter like our Typhoons and few others.
IF THAT IS FAILURE THEN I HOPE WE KEEP FAILING.:enjoy:
Who said it was a failure? Bit presumptuous, yes?

Waste of public money.

Who are we going to fight against anyway?

We're going to be in a budget deficit this year. It's not really a good time to waste billions of US dollars on military equipment that we don't even need.

Back
Top Bottom