What's new

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower)

@rockstar08

Yes, preparation in terms of paying for the meal as we are talking about a restaurant.:lol:

In all seriousness then you are welcome if you will ever visit KSA and I will be around.

Arabian hospitality is world-renowned and since I am not yet fat, spoilt and filthy rich I think that I can be quite welcome.;):lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos from April
In pictures: History is made at Kingdom Tower
Records already broken at new world's tallest building

Kingdom%20Tower%204.jpg

JEC achieved new world records using latest technologies for high rise buildings' foundation construction - 270 piles were cast in situ reaching 105m below the natural ground level and with diametre that varies between 1.5–1.8m.

Kingdom%20Tower%205.jpg

The raft is considered one of the world’s largest one-piece reinforced steel foundations with thickness ranging between 4.5–5m.

Kingdom%20Tower%206.jpg

Both piles and raft are supported with anti-corrosion technologies to preserve the steel reinforcement using a constant electric current system known as the Cathodic Protection.

Kingdom%20Tower%207.jpg

In addition, strain gauge instrumentation and load cells have been built-in to detect any changes in the soil and provide continuous readings about any environmental changes to the area around the foundations.

5WuFxk.png

Bpbba9PCIAAKX9f.jpg:large

8huf5Zm.jpg

1c2de2.jpg

BWF9UqfIAAEC0ES.jpg:large

BWF92l9IYAEPHC7.jpg

:yahoo:

like Every Muslim i also have Desire to Visit KSA one time ,not just for Ummrah or Haj but to Visit All the sites where our Prophet and Khalifa ever been to .. it will be an awesome journey , my brother works in KSA and hopefully in future i might visit there , but not sure ...

do they give any time frame to complete this project ?

@rockstar08

Check those two threads out. It will give you an idea how the country looks like. After all it is the size of Western Europe. Moreover the thread also contains photos from the entire Arab world, neighboring countries on the Arabian Peninsula and elsewhere in the Arab world etc.

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 27

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 75

I think there are over 2000 photos in total if not more.

In 2018.

Kingdom Tower Jeddah Part 1 - Kingdom Tower in Jeddah

Allow me to post the photos on this new page:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos from April
In pictures: History is made at Kingdom Tower
Records already broken at new world's tallest building

Kingdom%20Tower%204.jpg

JEC achieved new world records using latest technologies for high rise buildings' foundation construction - 270 piles were cast in situ reaching 105m below the natural ground level and with diametre that varies between 1.5–1.8m.

Kingdom%20Tower%205.jpg

The raft is considered one of the world’s largest one-piece reinforced steel foundations with thickness ranging between 4.5–5m.

Kingdom%20Tower%206.jpg

Both piles and raft are supported with anti-corrosion technologies to preserve the steel reinforcement using a constant electric current system known as the Cathodic Protection.

Kingdom%20Tower%207.jpg

In addition, strain gauge instrumentation and load cells have been built-in to detect any changes in the soil and provide continuous readings about any environmental changes to the area around the foundations.

5WuFxk.png

Bpbba9PCIAAKX9f.jpg:large

8huf5Zm.jpg

1c2de2.jpg

BWF9UqfIAAEC0ES.jpg:large

BWF92l9IYAEPHC7.jpg

:yahoo:

@al-Hasani
i have been through with this thread , and i saw the pics .. but like not daily ..
these pics are really beautiful ... lots of my relatives been to Hajj and umrah , and one thing everyone said that the feel you get there with your presence , you cant feel it on pics ..
along with many other beautiful and historic places , i want to visit a place called " Wadi-e-Jinn " i dont know if Arabs call it with different name but its close to Madina , which is famous for its gravitational force ..
do you know about it ?

@al-Hasani
i have been through with this thread , and i saw the pics .. but like not daily ..
these pics are really beautiful ... lots of my relatives been to Hajj and umrah , and one thing everyone said that the feel you get there with your presence , you cant feel it on pics ..
along with many other beautiful and historic places , i want to visit a place called " Wadi-e-Jinn " i dont know if Arabs call it with different name but its close to Madina , which is famous for its gravitational force ..
do you know about it ?

Wadi Jinn: Mystery or magnetism? | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

In this video we tested the theory that cars speed when left in neutral in Wadi e Al Baida. Our car went to speeds of around 150km/hr with the car in neutral and without the driver pushing the accelerator.
I will gladly answer any question in the "Arabic Coffee shop" thread so we can stick to the topic here.

Arabic Coffee shop

P.S:

The people in the video seem to be from South Asia judging on the language so I predict that they might very well be your compatriots.;)

P.P.S.

Large parts of Hijaz in general is volcanic, magnetic and seismic too. Many extant and extinct volcanoes are found not far away from Madinah actually.

Last edited:
I will gladly answer any question in the "Arabic Coffee thread" so we stick to the topic.

Arabic Coffee shop

P.S:

The people in the video seem to be from South Asia judging on the language so I predict that they might very well be your compatriots.;)

P.P.S.

Large parts of Hijaz in general is volcanic, magnetic and seismic too. Many extant and extinct volcanoes not far from Madinah actually.

bro you ever been there ?
what is real truth about it ?
i have heard multiple stories about it but probably you will be the most authentic source :D

bro you ever been there ?
what is real truth about it ?
i have heard multiple stories about it but probably you will be the most authentic source :D

Please watch the video. it's a Youtube clip. Maybe that is why that you are unable to see? A shame if true.

It's basically reserve gravity and the same happens with water. It's common in mountainous regions in KSA and some other places in the world.

You can see many videos that confirm the phenomenon so it is correct and not a hoax. Nothing superstitious about it though. In the past people obviously were unable to explain it rationally. Now we can with science.

It's still a surreal experience though for people unaware of it.

Please watch the video. it's a Youtube clip. Maybe that is why that you are unable to see? A shame if true.

It's basically reserve gravity and the same happens with water. It's common in mountainous regions in KSA and some other places in the world.

You can see many videos that confirm the phenomenon so it is correct and not a hoax. Nothing superstitious about it though. In the past people obviously were unable to explain it rationally. Now we can with science.

It's still a surreal experience though for people unaware of it.

cant watch the video .. but i have seen some videos on Youtube in past ..
and i didnt know that there are other places in world with same reserve gravity ...

@OrionHunter

I was joking. I thought that it was very clear, LOL? Just not the thread for such comments. Obviously not. I have been called a pervert too for posting Arabic belly dance videos etc. and other photos.:lol:

Let us leave it at that and return to the topic.

Kingdom Tower Retail Mall

2v2fy46.png

331hnyx.png

hsp4pz.png

349dlc8.png

2cym78p.png

3bfki.png

More photos below:

RHA

Last edited:
I would like to have cup of Tea in that tower with @al-Hasani and @Yzd Khalifa ..before the judgement day ..:lol:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Less expensive and much better. Perfect ! Viva SBG (Saudi Binladin Group), main contractor of project ! :azn:

Note : Burj Khalifa, Main contractor : Samsung Engineering and Construction Company.

Last edited:
@Bubblegum Crisis

:lol:

Saudi Binladin Group rocks! One of the biggest and most successful construction firms on earth! Nothing but praise from my side. The Bin Laden family is a respected family. 1 black sheep or not.

You better check this out!

15840wi.jpg

The cranes are up and running!

Last edited:
Is the tower a mile high or a kilometre high?

Does anyone know the co-ordinates or the exact area where this is being constructed as I want to check it out on Google Maps.

@Bubblegum Crisis

You should change the title of this thread my friend. 1 mile is about 1.6 km. The Kingdom Tower is "only" going to be 1007 meters tall. The plan was for it to be 1 mile tall but this idea was abandoned. Too risky and expensive today.

Is the tower a mile high or a kilometre high?

Does anyone know the co-ordinates or the exact area where this is being constructed as I want to check it out on Google Maps.

I can help you with that but you will not see anything other than the fundament and the enclosed area (as I recall it) because Google took the most recent photos months ago and the work is first getting started for real now.

Jeddah, Kingdom tower - Google Maps

It's between Jeddah and Thuwal. On that spot a whole new city is going to emerge.

Kingdom City (Jeddah) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also KAEC (another new city from stretch) next to Jeddah is underway.

KAEC to have 2m people, projects worth $100bn on completion: CEO

King Abdullah Economic City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a hell lot of giant projects going on in Hijaz from new airports, ports, new huge industrial cities from the stretch, skyscrapers, huge residential projects, new universities, schools, roads, metros, railways, football stadiums, resorts, projects in Makkah and Madinah regarding Al-Masjid Al-Haram and Al-Masjid An-Nabawi etc.

That's positive. This project will be another hallmark.

Last edited:
@Bubblegum Crisis

You should change the title of this thread my friend. 1 mile is about 1.6 km. The Kingdom Tower is "only" going to be 1007 meters tall. The plan was for it to be 1 mile tall but this idea was abandoned. Too risky and expensive today.

I can help you with that but you will not see anything other than the fundament and the enclosed area (as I recall it) because Google took the most recent photos months ago and the work is first getting started for real now.

Jeddah, Kingdom tower - Google Maps

It's between Jeddah and Thuwal. On that spot a whole new city is going to emerge.

Kingdom City (Jeddah) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also KAEC (another new city from stretch) next to Jeddah is underway.

KAEC to have 2m people, projects worth $100bn on completion: CEO

King Abdullah Economic City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a hell lot of giant projects going on in Hijaz from new airports, ports, new huge industrial cities from the stretch, skyscrapers, huge residential projects, new universities, schools, roads, metros, railways, football stadiums, resorts, projects in Makkah and Madinah regarding Al-Masjid Al-Haram and Al-Masjid An-Nabawi etc.

That's positive. This project will be another hallmark.

Jazak'Allahu Khair ya akhi.

I pray for the Custodians of the Two Holy Masaajid complete and absolute success.

Back
Top Bottom