What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

10414921_10152505871377125_8354416543607645235_n.jpg

Shown in this picture is the main building of Prince Fahd bin Sultan University in Tabuk, which held its 6th graduation ceremonies on Monday, June 2, 2014. FBSU, a private institution focusing on technical fields, is the first university in the Kingdom to use English as a medium of instruction and is in close partnership with the prestigious American University of Beirut. (SPA)
@al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @Aeronaut

Ramzan is on 29th-
So Chances are less man it seems in Arab world Dramas and other stuff related to Ramadan are also made in really large numbers I was watching an Arab channel which shows English movies with translation in Arabian shows it was showing lot of adds of play and other shows which another channel of that group would play

So Chances are less man it seems in Arab world Dramas and other stuff related to Ramadan are also made in really large numbers I was watching an Arab channel which shows English movies with translation in Arabian shows it was showing lot of adds of play and other shows which another channel of that group would play

MBC made Umer Bin Khattab last Ramzan- I hope you have watched it-

Some portraits of people:

A picture of an old man taken in the city of Jeddah.

Wisdom in His Eyes
by Rayan M., on Flickr

A very wise old man whom I met on my way to visit His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal Al-Saud. The man was in Taif, in Okaz traidional market by the old car's section. He kept on talking for nearly 30 continous minutes about the old cars, the old days, and how everything old is better!

I do agree with him, to a certain extent.

Prince Muhammad Bin Khalid Alabdullah Alfaisal by Rayan M., on Flickr

His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad Bin Khalid Alabdullah Alfaisal Al Saud. A member of the Saudi Royal Family, and a descendant of the third king of Saudi Arabia; King Faisal Al Saud (may Allah rest his soul). Prince Muhammad, or as known in his close circles; Abu Khalid, is currently the president of Alfaisaliah Group (a Saudi-based conglomerate) which was established on the hands of his grandfather, Prince Abdullah Alfaisal Al Saud in 1970 (www.alfaisaliah.com/)

That means he is the president of a combination of corporations involving 13 subsidiaries operating as multi-industry companies.

In person though, you can very easily notice how modest this man is. He's usually the first to be present in any social responsibility events for his companies, like Sony's "Creative Science Awards".

This particular photo was taken during the final match of Safio Cup; the national football league for Saudi elementary schools (Read more: www.facebook.com/SafioCup)

Lidia Blue Eyes
by Rayan M., on Flickr

The Niner
by Rayan M., on Flickr

"The Niner" or (Um Tes'aa in Arabic) is a game sort of like chess, in which two players are involved; each with nine pieces on the playing board. The pieces move according to specific rules, and the player with the most pieces on the board at the end of the game wins.

What's interesting here is that this game, like many other of its type, is no longer played except by the older generation, and is in danger of extinction.

These people spend almost half a day playing this game over and over... Enjoying a cup of tea, listening to the radio and talking about the good old times!

Taken in Al-Qassim - Saudi Arabia

(Souq al Methnab)

Mohammad A. Yamani
by Rayan M., on Flickr

A portrait of His Excellency Mohammad Abdu Yamani.

A Saudi man of thought, a brilliant literate, and former Minister of Culture and information (MEDIA).

Some more portraits:

Ahmed, Saudi kid - Saudi Arabia
by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

saudi arabia abha souq
by Retlaw Snellac Photography, on Flickr

Saudi Arabian man on the souq of Abha.

Abha's well known daily market is always busy with activity and people. Locals bargain for fruits, vegetables, coffee beans and other wares. Local handicrafts like ornate silver Bedouin jewelry and hand woven basketry are specialty items.

Old Policeman & Fireman Uniform
by Ү, on Flickr

saudi women in national dress
by xarag, on Flickr

This photo below is over 100 years. It was originally in black and white.

Untitled
by Ebtesam., on Flickr

Don
by Muadh N M, on Flickr

♥ دام عزّك يا وطن ♥
by  Anoud Abdullah AlHabib, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom