What's new

King Abdullah has passed away - PDF extends its condolences to the Saudi people

if I didn't know better I would said the King didn't look a day over 60
RIP, hopefully some good can come out of this sad news.

Salman has a stronger personality and a more assertive attitude and uncompromising character, he will not think twice to take dangerous decisions for good or for bad.

The problem is that his health is not the best either. I fear that he won't make his impression and that he will not be given enough of time. It would be very wise to give Prince Mugrin a even bigger role already now. He has the potential to be a long-term successor.

In any case the importance of elders and succession based on seniority is sometimes a disadvantage in the Arab world and now in the case of KSA.

Let us hope that the internal policies and slow albeit steady reforms will continue. Especially in the field of education, women rights and civil and social rights in general. Let's also not forget that some of the most powerful clergymen also have reached a certain age. The generation of Saleh al-Fawzan etc. and other ultra-conservatives.

They too will be succeeded by younger kinsmen.

Thankfully the population itself is one of the youngest in the region and that gives hope. As well as all those students abroad across the world which percentage wise outnumber that of any other country. The regime should do everything to keep more of them inside KSA once when educated.

Anyway this death comes at a confusing time in the region where killings, hatred etc. is boiling hot. It would be good for the ME if things calmed down a bit. People deserve better.

Let's see. I have high hopes. It's time for the Saudi Arabian people to use this as a unifying occasion and to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves what they can do for the country. King Abdullah himself worked tiredly for the country and its people. Often despite harsh odds. This should be an inspiration.

Last edited:
لاحَـولَ ولاَ قُوةَ إلاّ بالله
إنّا للهِ وإناْ اليهِ لرَاجعُون

IOn06453.jpg

Rest in Peace

Amen​

BBC News - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah dies

Deeply saddens by this news as he was a visionary who fought conservatives at home and accomplished strides in changing social fabric of the country. The changes and modernization occurring from his policies well echoed at home and abroad. He had a vision of developing talent Saudi youth and putting them to work. He worked tirelessly to undo the religious damage done by his predecessors. A arid fan of Science despite not having much formal education. He also bought the real Saudi culture and its history to lime light for the first time. May his vision continue in the future.

New Saudi ruler King Salman bin Abdulaziz| Reuters

For nearly 50 years Salman was governor of Riyadh Province, a role that involved working closely with both conservative traditionalists and liberal technocrats as he oversaw the development of the Saudi capital from a small desert town to a major metropolis.

Having witnessed Riyadh, I am sure he will spread the good across the country now.

@Surenas

You are quite literally an arrogant and ill-mannered person on this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom