What's new

Kerry-Lugar Bill or an attempt to further pressurize Pakistan

Army has opposed it today, openly!

Majority of Pakistani politicians and intelligentsia is opposing it openly!

Zardari & Company are all for it! ($$$$)

If Parliament rejects the KLB, PPP is up cr@p creek!

If the Government accepts it against popular demand, its still up cr@p creek!

So for PPP this is ending up to be DAMN IF YOU DO AND DAMN IF YOU DON'T!!

The real danger is however, PPP Government goes down, Zardari runs away with his NRO billions and we end up with either the Sharif's or another martial law!!

Damn!! this will be a nail-biter!!

but just only opposing , going to work?
or its all , elephants teeths!

Kill the so called Bill. It is equivilent of formaly accepting subservience to India and US. This Bill Should be stoped at all costs.:pakistan:

Mr Zaradri Mr Gilani and Mr Haqqani we do not doubt that you are not working hard enough our question is Who are you working for?

It's good to see Pakistanis waking about.This bill should be rejected all costs.

Mark these words:
If the Kerry Lugar bill - in any way, shape or form - hinders the Pakistani Army's strategic defence capabilities, it will not pass. Not until, that is, the current COAS is replaced by one more to the Government's liking

The COAS still commands a lot of political authority in Pakistan, and for once, I am happy that it is so. It is not uncommon for our present COAS to "call on" our dear PM or President in the middle of the night and "consult" on issues relating to National Defence. According to my "sources", quite close to the COAS, it has happened on more than one occasion.

Of course this is not to say that there is no way this bill can be approved. If it does, we will willingly walk into shackles and chains, and will have no one to blame but ourselves for it. Our best bet is to hope the Americans withdraw the offer due to criticism, or replace it with something the President is unwilling to accept (fewer dollars, that is).

so that , DAM "DEMOCRAZY" brings slavry!:angry:
dam, to this "DEMOCRAZY", down wit this democrazy!:angry:

Mr Zaradri Mr Gilani and Mr Haqqani we do not doubt that you are not working hard enough our question is Who are you working for?:usflag:

This bill is totally unacceptable to any self respecting Pakistani who has any stake in Pakistan.:pakistan:

Mr Zaradri Mr Gilani and Mr Haqqani we do not doubt that you are not working hard enough our question is Who are you working for?:usflag:

This bill is totally unacceptable to any self respecting Pakistani who has any stake in Pakistan.:pakistan:

they are working for the commodity which is shown in your avatar.

It's good to see Pakistanis waking about.This bill should be rejected all costs.

It is a good sign that all across pakistan people are showing serious reservations regarding K-L bill but still the big question remains: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR PAKISTANI GOVT. TO OUTRIGHTLY REJECT THE BILL, sadly I do not think so. for two first hand reasons:
1. this biil is US bill by US govt from US tax payers money,so whatever you do pak govt cannot shoot the bill down (unless US govt does it themselves)
2. a formal rejection by Pak govt would invite blockade of (or atleast temporal hinderance) all the aid pakistan is receiving form other sources.
Citing few examples (a) recently pak govt had to approach IMF not to press them for power tariff reform (read increase in power bill) for some time for their domestic consumption (you have got a recent 6% increase with more to follow). (b) Desptie several meetings of FODP pak govt could not get anything more than assurance for support. (c) Pak army that is demonstrating its reservations on the bill would bend its back once US twist its weapons supply arm.

In my opinion all pak govt can do is to pass a lagislation (that too with prior approval of US) to ask for bill with no strings attached and US would further rephrase the bill with exactly same thought and pak govt would then accept it as is. Not to mention that the bill is almost done and is a law if US president doesnot veto it in 10 days.

Good luck

Salam O Alaikum
101% agreed, they are working for :angry:$$$$:angry: and for :angry::usflag::angry:
but they forgot the real super power, and hopefully they dont believe after birth.
and as our Army and Coas has reject the C-L bill its bit hope for Pakistani patriots.
ALLAH bless Pakistan

Salam O Alaikum
101% agreed, they are working for :angry:$$$$:angry: and for :angry::usflag::angry:
but they forgot the real super power, and hopefully they dont believe after birth.
and as our Army and Coas has reject the C-L bill its bit hope for Pakistani patriots.
ALLAH bless Pakistan

:) Dont worry we still have patriotic people whom some idiots call as conspiray theorists but we know how to pull the land from under the feets of traitors.

It is a good sign that all across pakistan people are showing serious reservations regarding K-L bill but still the big question remains: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR PAKISTANI GOVT. TO OUTRIGHTLY REJECT THE BILL, sadly I do not think so. for two first hand reasons:
1. this biil is US bill by US govt from US tax payers money,so whatever you do pak govt cannot shoot the bill down (unless US govt does it themselves)
2. a formal rejection by Pak govt would invite blockade of (or atleast temporal hinderance) all the aid pakistan is receiving form other sources.
Citing few examples (a) recently pak govt had to approach IMF not to press them for power tariff reform (read increase in power bill) for some time for their domestic consumption (you have got a recent 6% increase with more to follow). (b) Desptie several meetings of FODP pak govt could not get anything more than assurance for support. (c) Pak army that is demonstrating its reservations on the bill would bend its back once US twist its weapons supply arm.

In my opinion all pak govt can do is to pass a lagislation (that too with prior approval of US) to ask for bill with no strings attached and US would further rephrase the bill with exactly same thought and pak govt would then accept it as is. Not to mention that the bill is almost done and is a law if US president doesnot veto it in 10 days.

Good luck

Oh we can reject it all right! Worst case we would not get the petty cash being offered in shape of this bill. If the Americans want to stop their weapons in-flow, please be my guest as our Army will retreat from northern borders and allow the Talibaans to go full blow. Better to let the Americans clear up their own mess in Afghanistan!!

The question however is that can America take the risk of alienating Pakistan Army by having this bill force fed to us? Your guess is as good as mine here!

Why this bill so essential for us? Are we dying due to such economic crises? For how long we will be dependant on the foreign aid?

The contents of this bill seems against the interest of Pakistan. As we all known that our leaders follow dictations from USA. If our parliament will approve this bill then I would say it would be a license to US government to interfere in most sensitive organizations of Pakistan such as Army, nuclear weapons and agencies.
One thing which is very apparent is the influence of Indian lobby in this bill, as we know that LASKARY TAIBA and J-SHAY-MUHAMMAD are not related to US but who made them to feel them a threat to US? What is the interest of US in MORIDKAY? Perhaps Indians have given this foolish idea to US to grab Pakistani leadership under their palm.

I must say one thing here if leadership of Pakistan is really sincere to defend Pakistan’s interest then they should torn this bill and send back to US by saying. It was made by:hang2: INDIA.

Oh we can reject it all right! Worst case we would not get the petty cash being offered in shape of this bill. If the Americans want to stop their weapons in-flow, please be my guest as our Army will retreat from northern borders and allow the Talibaans to go full blow. Better to let the Americans clear up their own mess in Afghanistan!!

The question however is that can America take the risk of alienating Pakistan Army by having this bill force fed to us? Your guess is as good as mine here!

My dear,
First of all it is not petty cash it is 7.5bn USD.

Second you have forgotten very basic rule of diplomecy it is the interest that is permanent not the friendship and who knows better about this other than Pak - US friendship. What would your army/ govt do or gain by withdrawing from Western border except for global isolation and then giving more excuse to US to bomb your country. trust me no body would side with you in that condition as it was you who refused to cooperate (read K-L bill)

Third you must acknowledge that your main weaponary comes from US and any arm twisting there would hurt you badly.

Fourth as it has been said umpteen times that TTP and likes are US cornies so US can then support them more (by far less than 1.5bn USD) to create havoc inside your country.

Saudi Arabia can easily be influenced by US to do some more arm twisting. Also everybody believes in Pak that RAW and Mossad are planning against you under US umbrella and so US would turn a complete blind eye towards that front.

US can earn more gains by giving few concessions to your neighbour (read russia) which would then prove big pain in the neck for pakistan.

Now tell me my dear friend how are you going to survive with US+NATO, Russia, India, Israel, Afghanistan with their armies and intelligence tightning the noose around your neck.

I fully understand and support your reaction to KL bill but please think rationally.

Drive the nail aright boys, hit it on the head
It is the time ripe to once and for all oust puppet, in-honorable capitalist and imported type regimes in the country. It speaks out from all this newly created situation that Mr.Zardari as had been saying indirectly before public that his wife has been killed by some troublemakers and he himself will avenge that even while he knows who those people are and where they are. Now he seems to be having sought refuge and win his upper hand in the form of this disputed bill. Not only the prominent Zardari but almost all traditional leading politicians of Pakistani are tested billers.

This is none of your damn business Sprint.Let Pakistanis talk here and avoid trolling.1.5b/year is peanuts.Hell, PIA used to loose more then 1 bil/year.

My dear,
First of all it is not petty cash it is 7.5bn USD.

Second you have forgotten very basic rule of diplomecy it is the interest that is permanent not the friendship and who knows better about this other than Pak - US friendship. What would your army/ govt do or gain by withdrawing from Western border except for global isolation and then giving more excuse to US to bomb your country. trust me no body would side with you in that condition as it was you who refused to cooperate (read K-L bill)

Third you must acknowledge that your main weaponary comes from US and any arm twisting there would hurt you badly.

Fourth as it has been said umpteen times that TTP and likes are US cornies so US can then support them more (by far less than 1.5bn USD) to create havoc inside your country.

Saudi Arabia can easily be influenced by US to do some more arm twisting. Also everybody believes in Pak that RAW and Mossad are planning against you under US umbrella and so US would turn a complete blind eye towards that front.

US can earn more gains by giving few concessions to your neighbour (read russia) which would then prove big pain in the neck for pakistan.

Now tell me my dear friend how are you going to survive with US+NATO, Russia, India, Israel, Afghanistan with their armies and intelligence tightning the noose around your neck.

I fully understand and support your reaction to KL bill but please think rationally.

If you and India likes this bill so much you can go ahead and get MCMohan to sign it for India.
As far as Pakistan is concerned this bill is a complete NO Go Area.:pakistan:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom