What's new

Kerala named among world's top 10 holiday destinations

Brahmos_2

Reaction score
Country
India
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Travel guides publisher Lonely Planet has named Kerala among the world's 10 best destinations for taking the family on a holiday in 2014.

5.jpg

The Lonely Planet's award for the best family destination was bestowed on 'God's Own Country' at the World Travel Mart in London, the world's leading travel trade event attended by industry representatives from across the globe, a statement issued here said Friday.

The World Travel Mart, which began on November 4, concluded on Thursday.

Kerala joined the likes of New York City, Denmark, Prague, Iceland, Italy and Hawaii in being described by the travel expert as a child-friendly destination ideal for the family.

"The intensity of travel in India could put you off taking a trip here with family, but Kerala is a family-friendly version, more laid back than other regions, greener, slower paced. There are also lots of national parks for elephant spotting, palm fringed beaches and boat trips along the lush canals of the backwaters," it said.

Kerala Tourism director S. Harikishore, who led the state delegation to the World Travel Mart, received the award from Lonely Planet.

Former South African cricketer Jonty Rhodes was among the thousands who visited the Kerala pavilion at the World Travel Mart. The pavilion showcased Kerala as the Home of Ayurveda.

Rhodes, who retired from international cricket in 2003, is a brand ambassador for South African Tourism.

"With the British economy registering the fastest growth in the last three years in the previous quarter, the mood at the World Travel Mart hosted by London was upbeat," said Harikishore.

Britain is the most important market for Kerala. The state recorded nearly 1.5 lakh tourist arrivals last year.

"The World Travel Mart presented us with a significant opportunity to target higher growth figures for Kerala tourism as far as foreign tourist arrivals are concerned," he added.

The Kerala delegation included 12 co-exhibitors representing the hospitality industry of the state.

Kerala named among world's top 10 holiday destinations - The Times of India

Last edited:
The good thing about Kerala travel is that they may get themselves traated by some encient methods like Massage and oil therapy etc in addition to travelling fun. You may see beautiful temple and and culture of Kerala which you can not see in new york and other cities.

Agreed Kerala is a great place to be for vacations.But keralites have to improve.The rise in number of cases of crimes against women is highest in kerala compared to the rest of India(this despite being a state with highest literacy rate in India).
I hope Kerala doesnt turn into another Thailand.

Agreed Kerala is a great place to be for vacations.But keralites have to improve.The rise in number of cases of crimes against women is highest in kerala compared to the rest of India(this despite being a state with highest literacy rate in India).
I hope Kerala doesnt turn into another Thailand.

That is because of better reporting

Could be.

But the situation must improve.

Stop Complaining & Learn some Kung-Fu ! :pissed:

Abbb mein aaap ka Pakistani Bhai tou Kerala aaa nahin saktaa to be your Bodyguard ! :p:

Koi khud weight reduce kareiin, do some push ups & buy a punching bag & a pair of gloves to practice ! :enjoy:

And I can't really send @Ayush - Hes a softie....aaap se pehlee khud bhaag jaii gaaa or @Dillinger - He really isn't a man...more like a woman wearing a wig so I do fear for his safety ! :unsure:

Abbb mein aaap ka Pakistani Bhai tou Kerala aaa nahin saktaa to be your Bodyguard ! :p:

Koi khud weight reduce kareiin, do some push ups & buy a punching bag & a pair of gloves to practice ! :enjoy:

And I can't really send @Ayush - Hes a softie....aaap se pehlee khud bhaag jaii gaaa or @Dillinger - He really isn't a man...more like a woman wearing a wig so I do fear for his safety ! :unsure:
10h8046.jpg

on topic..i always wanted to see kerala..especially experience the house boats..perhaps some day!!

Last year I spent a short 10-day vacation in God's Own Country - Kerala. Kumarakom was the place and it was mind blowing. Stayed at two amazing hotels - Zuri and Kumarakom Lake Resort.

The downside was the Rs 30,000 per night!!! :woot::hang2:

But then WTF? Money is meant to be spent, what? :D And with every room at the Lake Resort having its own swimming pool, it's worth every dime!!

The Kerala govt needs to improve the approach roads though.

karate shinkyokushin- orange belt sir.( i know thats pretty low...but thats because my mom didnt want me to turn tomboyish :D warna aaj mein atleast black belt toh ho hi jaati:devil:)

Armstrong said:
Abbb mein aaap ka Pakistani Bhai tou Kerala aaa nahin saktaa to be your Bodyguard

Jhoot na boliye...agar aap banned nahin hai toh aapko visa zaroor milega aur phir aap mere green hulk ban sakte hai.:partay:

Armstrong said:
bhaijaan aap koh ziyada zururat hai un gloves ki.
I know you are jealous of me :p:

Armstrong said:
Please dont send them along...it'll spoil my vacations...you know why?? because i'll be busy protecting them.:P

Last edited:
Could be.

But the situation must improve.

Well the state has massive unemployment issue. More young men with nothing better do.

And mix it with a culture of male impunity, and men lacking interaction with Women, and you have a dangerous mix.

But yes, situation must improve. But solutions are economic and cultural.

That is going to take a long time.

Well the state has massive unemployment issue. More young men with nothing better do..
One of my friends told me about it.
He said in kerala those who are employed go to their offices and those who are not go to party offices....as in political party offices.:-)
But Kerala is a beautiful place.Unlike goa the beaches of kerala are not crowded.And my houseboat experience was awesome.

One of my friends told me about it.
He said in kerala those who are employed go to their offices and those who are not go to party offices....as in political party offices.:-)
But Kerala is a beautiful place.Unlike goa the beaches of kerala are not crowded.And my houseboat experience was awesome.

hahaha. true.

But hopefully you won't think Men from there are all bad.

Some of the malayalee friends I have are warm, kind and very intelligent :)

We tend to be a bit snobbish though :D

Some of the malayalee friends I have are warm, kind and very intelligent :)
We tend to be a bit snobbish though :D
Well i too have a handful of keralite friends,you see i live in UAE.And this place runs because of keralites.Most of my trainees are usually arabs,but i dread giving trainings to malayalees.They take me to my witsend.gawd!!

Back
Top Bottom