What's new

Sikkim named top region to visit in 2014 by Lonely Planet

Is foreigners' entry still restricted?

Foreigners are restricted in Sikkim and need what is called Inner line permits. And it is even difficult for Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Burmese and few other country people to get inner line permits as they have to contact Ministry of External Affairs in Delhi.

Foreigners are restricted in Sikkim and need what is called Inner line permits. And it is even difficult for Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Burmese and few other country people to get inner line permits as they have to contact Ministry of External Affairs in Delhi.

1.In some NE states and Andaman-Nicobar, even Indians need ILP. For certain areas in Sikkim foreigners need RAP. additionally.

2. ILP was introduced during the Raj to restrict Bengalees from entering NE. Our Maulana Bhashani had become a leader agitating against this system, and had led long marches into NE, then known as Assam.

1.In some NE states and Andaman-Nicobar, even Indians need ILP. For certain areas in Sikkim foreigners need RAP. additionally.

2. ILP was introduced during the Raj to restrict Bengalees from entering NE. Our Maulana Bhashani had become a leader agitating against this system, and had led long marches into NE, then known as Assam.
Restriction in Andamnan is only for a few islands idiot. That is enforced for the tribes like Jarwas and others who reside there. Dont twist facts.

Who's talking about Dharmshala...I am not interested in my shala's dharma....I'm talking about Sikkim...why did you guys bar the Burmese?

Because they aren't nice.

They should behave themselves first.:-)

Back
Top Bottom