What's new

Sikkim named top region to visit in 2014 by Lonely Planet

Is foreigners' entry still restricted?
All foreign tourists other than Nepal & Bhutan nationals require a passport with an Indian visa prior to arrival. Visitors require an Inner Line Permit (ILP) to enter Sikkim. An ILP is valid for 15 days & can be extended by the State government twice for 30 days of 15 days each. ILPs are available at all Indian missions, Sikkim Tourism offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, Siliguri & Rangpo Tourist Lodge on the basis of an Indian visa.

Trekking Permits are required. Trekking is only allowed in groups (minimum two persons) and must be arranged through a Sikkimese travel agent.

4.jpg

2.jpg

visitors from Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Myanmar can be given inner line permits only after approval from Ministry of Home Affairs, government of India at New Delhi.

Why??

I have been to sikkim for 2 times. Those who want to visit please go a new place called 'Zuluk' ...some 2-3 hour ride from rangpo by suv and then go to zuluk to Gangtok via baba mandir, nathula and chhangu lake. Scenic beauti is just amazing in the route.

visitors from Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Myanmar can be given inner line permits only after approval from Ministry of Home Affairs, government of India at New Delhi.

Why??

Why not ??

Why not ??
What could possibly go wrong if you let Pak-BD-China in a controversial state in India??:D....Ok so what has Myanmar done??They are all well and good(and genocidal maniacs)!Why not let them in?

What could possibly go wrong if you let Pak-BD-China in a controversial state in India??:D....Ok so what has Myanmar done??They are all well and good(and genocidal maniacs)!Why not let them in?

You have just answered your question.

Our faith in the wisdom of making these rules stands vindicated.

It's not about entering a controversial area. Sikkim is not a controversial state first of all.This is a security measure to prevent sneaking into to states prone to illegal immigration situated on International borders.

It's not about entering a controversial area. Sikkim is not a controversial state first of all.This is a security measure to prevent sneaking into to states prone to illegal immigration situated on International borders.
Illegal immigration from China and Pakistan in Sikkim??Come on.....we all know that's not the case with your other states which are also borders.....I just don't understand the case with the poor old Burmese...can't they seek some peace in a nice soothing place like Sikkim away from their insane dictators??Let them in!We will sacrifice our part!

Illegal immigration from China and Pakistan in Sikkim??Come on.....we all know that's not the case with your other states which are also borders.....I just don't understand the case with the poor old Burmese...can't they seek some peace in a nice soothing place like Sikkim away from their insane dictators??Let them in!We will sacrifice our part!

Dharmsala is in Himachal,not Sikkim :lol:

Dharmsala is in Himachal,not Sikkim :lol:

Who's talking about Dharmshala...I am not interested in my shala's dharma....I'm talking about Sikkim...why did you guys bar the Burmese?

Indira had annexed Sikkim because of its strategic importance in Sino-Indian relations which have not been pleasant since1962. Hence India is paranoid regarding security in Sikkim.

Back
Top Bottom