What's new

Kayani last obstacle to Kashmir deal : US cable

Plebiscite is the solution for only those who are still in dreams as far as Kashmir is concerned. i don't know abt pakistan but india won't conduct any plebiscite in kashmir. because indian stand on kashmir is that J&K is an integral part of india. hence there is no need of any plebiscite.

then there is no solution. if you guys think that you can stick with your ego and don't compromise then why the hell pakistan should compromise. People will not accept this, and thats the reasons there is no solution.
Funny it is India want UNSC permenant membership but is not accepting the same UNSC's resolutions about kashmir which are 60years old now.
There is no solution as i see it.

Can we extend the same line of thought to people from J&K enrolling in the Indian Army :-/ ?

The ratio will be realy small in Indian army's case when compared to PA. There are generals and former ISI chiefs from the same AJK which you people believe does not want to be with pakistan and is not 'Azad'

then there is no solution. if you guys think that you can stick with your ego and don't compromise then why the hell pakistan should compromise. People will not accept this, and thats the reasons there is no solution.
Funny it is India want UNSC permenant membership but is not accepting the same UNSC's resolutions about kashmir which are 60years old now.

Why don't you show us the path by conducting Plebiscite in your side of Kashmir and if they select independence, make them a free nation?

The only solution is both country being happy with what it has currently and concentrate on mending its own house.

Why don't you show us the path by conducting Plebiscite in your side of Kashmir and if they select independence, make them a free nation?

My answer is there in my above posts in this thread. I think it is waste of time to argue with Indian members here and its my mistake that again i posted my reply to an indian member and that too in kashmir related thread. Sorry my mistake.

Someone please answer my question. WHY should India go for these talks? What do we have to gain from these negotiations?

Someone please answer my question. WHY should India go for these talks? What do we have to gain from these negotiations?

These talks, or just talks of talks help India keep the war at bay since Pakistan's leadership has time and again proved to be highly unpredictable. India's main front is economy and main challenge is welfare of the citizens. Any war, no matter how big or small, will take India's resources away from the main challenges it is facing today.

^^^

So the best strategy would be to have perpetual discussions with no results? I guess we've been pretty successful so far, in that case.

^^^

So the best strategy would be to have perpetual discussions with no results? I guess we've been pretty successful so far, in that case.

If just talks are done, and nothing else, but it helps us live without the need for war, then I don't see anything wrong in it.

The ratio will be realy small in Indian army's case when compared to PA. There are generals and former ISI chiefs from the same AJK which you people believe does not want to be with pakistan and is not 'Azad'

Doesnt matter if the ratio is small for we dont know the exact composition or the numbers in the Army..

But they do have a separate regiment - Jammu and Kashmir light infantry.

As for we believing it is Azad or not - two lines from the Oath of the President of PaK is enough to convince anyone of the supposed "Azad" ness of PaK

^^^
And instead killed undreds of people in Mumbai...hats of to him, but he does not have balls to go head on head with India and instead playing this game of proxy war not just in India but around the globe killing thousands of innocent people regardless of their nationality and their religions.

Look whose talkin ...... at do u know abt balls? u can only .... on internet.....enought with ur b.s.
And watch the language this aint ur home.

A deal has to be something good for Pakistan too, "Give everything to India" is also a deal.

I mean simply saying Kayani is the last obstacle to a deal that Zardari favors, I'd say tell me what the deal is first.

ANY deal on Kashmir has to be okayed by a referrendum in Pakistan. Anything other than that, India itself should not agree to it, as it would be nullified when the public outrage erupts as its obviously something that would screw over Pakistan going by the track record of "India, US, Zardari and now recently joined to the list - The PA".

We are the boss of this country, let us decide. Otherwise you will have another 180 million obstacles to deal with.

What deal are we taking about?

I would say - maintain status quo and continue as its going, thats the best way out.

Trying for something which is out-of-the-box might end up backfiring and we will be staring a nuclear war in its face.

All this Kashmir struggle, will mainly affect Pakistani people and they economy more then India.

So Bangladesh should be happy, who competes in similar markets to us, and I feel Bangladesh economy can take over Pakistan one day.

How about US stops meddling in the region as J&K is our internal problem? I know American governments have a rather annoying habit of meddling in others' affairs while trying to be kingmakers, but this is a very wrong region they are tampering with.

Back
Top Bottom