What's new

Katju's Reply to the 90% quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, since you are taking the time to respond to my post, please read the reply and come back.. I'll wait!

The only way to stop corruption besides strict laws and punishment is to spread the word to the youth. That;s why primary education is so important in India. It has to be incorporated into the syllabus everyday. Sadly, even some professors are corrupt for money. Thats why tech is the only viable solution coz its free of interference from these jokers. I have a radical plan using mobile platform tech, it would only generate money thru advertisments but the purpose is not profit..... it is to educate and cultivate the masses on how to think....it would really push Katju's msg. Hard to get investment capital coz they ar emore focused on catering to businesses.

We need a radical leader like Ataturk!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you are adamant to drive your point without trying to understand mine.

I am not saying he says it with bad intent rather tends to draw attention every few months by making same remarks. !!

There is nothing wrong with that. He is trying to drive home a point. And for India and Indians, its a message that needs to be heard countless times.

Mr. Katju, you make a powerful argument and I salute you for that, Sir.:cheers:
I would have paraphrased the idea slightly differently. I would say 90 to 95 % of South Asians are highly " Emotional Beings " and this means they are not Rational when they are in that emotional state.
Oh, how I wish my people were more Rational and less Emotional. We are big on "Naarabazi" and short on " Substance ".
You are right about emotional aspect of this subcontinent. The Emotional Quotient of people of this region is quite high and will remain so as long as education don't spread to this population.

Dude, you are adamant to drive your point without trying to understand mine.

I am not saying he says it with bad intent rather tends to draw attention every few months by making same remarks. !!

Yes, he is an elite citizen of India and is quoted now and then.. Drawing attention is a by product of his repute.

If his intention is to force people to feel ashamed and then work for their betterment, I say nothing wrong in it (Something like ghairat stuff famous in Pakistan? )

I already said. The guy knows how to save his as$ after saying something controvertial. He does belongs to the other 10%. :)
Its called Escapism. He is Chairman of Press Council of India, of Press, which is supposed to be clear in all the message and news. How can a person at such position can be unclear about his statements and then issue apology and clearance. He is supposed to be more clear in whatever he say. Either he is incompetent for this post or simply a coward.

Its called Escapism. He is Chairman of Press Council of India, of Press, which is supposed to be clear in all the message and news. How can a person at such position can be unclear about his statements and then issue apology and clearance. He is supposed to be more clear in whatever he say. Either he is incompetent for this post or simply a coward.

^^Serious?

@Windjammer, @Areesh

Seems like you both agree with this statement of his too.

"Press Council of India Chairman Justice Markandey Katju (retd) on Wednesday wrote to the Pakistan government to pardon death row convict Sarabjit Singh."

Ajmal Kasab: No parallel with India's Sarabjit Singh, Katju tells Pak - Indian Express

I think you will support this statement.

He may be an expert on Indians or Indian matters but what opinion people in Pakistan hold of him is a different ball game. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
He may be an expert on Indians or Indian matters but what opinion people in Pakistan hold of him is a different ball game. !!

Of no consequence, because he has only an opinion.. Most of the times sane ones..

.... it is true that I have said that 90% Indians (not all) are fools. My intention in saying so was not to hurt anyone but to awaken people to the realities, that is, the widespread casteism, communalism, superstitions, and other backward traits in the mindset of a large section of our people which is blocking our progress and keeping us poor.

US is pretty communal (how many non Christians have won elections?)...that has not kept them poor. Christians are pretty superstitious about the number 13...that has not kept them poor..... I guess those things only affect us inferior Indians. :cry:

2. The figure 90% is not a mathematical figure, it simply means that in my opinion a large proportion of Indians (and again I repeat, not all) are fools.

Ah....This must be the famous scientific outlook and scientific temper you have referred too...not to mention ‘mental attitudes’.:yahoo:

4. I made this comment not to humiliate or harm anyone but because I love the Indian people, they are my people, and I wish them to prosper and have decent lives, which is only possible if the Indian masses develop the scientific outlook and scientific temper and give up casteism, communalism, superstitions and other mental attitudes which a large part (not all) of them presently suffer from.

Ah ...so you must be like the father who claims he loves his kids but abuses them, calls them names and beats them so that they get better.:tup:

I wish to see India in the front ranks of the advanced industrialized nations of the world, with our people having a high standard of living, instead of suffering from the present evils of massive poverty, unemployment, price rise, corruption, farmer’s suicides, child malnutrition, absence of health care and good education, casteism etc.

Narendra Modi wishes to see all of that too....but he actually does something about it rather than sit in his air conditioned house and call people fools.

So you see I made that statement not to harm the Indian people, whom I love, but to benefit them. The truth is sometimes bitter, but sometimes bitter medicine has to be given to an ailing person.

How lucky we are to have you, a pompous self certified ‘doctor’ give ‘ailing’ us ‘bitter medicine’.
:hang2:

Having said this, I may proceed to give a more elaborate explanation.

Lucky us..

1. When most of our people go to vote they cast their votes on the basis of caste or religion, not the merit of the candidate. What else is the meaning of vote banks? And this is exploited by some unscrupulous politicians who know how to manipulate and manage these vote banks. That is why many persons with criminal backgrounds get elected.

......gee...all this time foolish Indians thought that it was because our constitution institutionalised caste by making provisions for it in education and jobs, promotion and even reserving certain constituencies for ‘dalit’ candidates.......We further foolishly thought that Indian Judiciary (of which you were a part for for a very long time) has abdicated its responsibility to delivery justice in time and put criminals behind bars.

2. ‘Honour’ killings are common in many parts of the country. This is a barbaric practice, and shows how backward many of us still are.

Ya...mass killing for honour like war to avenge 9/11, to hunt for osama or war on terror is a much civilized behaviour. Killing others is honourable...killing our own is barbaric.

3. Dowry deaths are common in India, and as a former Judge I can tell you that our courts have a large number of cases of young married women who are murdered in a barbaric manner by their in laws for not getting dowry e.g. by pouring petrol on them and setting them on fire.

How about death due to malnutrition ? ...not as romantic and glamorous as dowry death. How about mortality during child birth ? How about any un-natural death all over the world ?

5. Female foeticide is common in many parts of India. Often when a male child is born the relatives are happy and distribute sweets, but when a female child is born often relatives get dejected. This is also a sign of backwardness among many of us.

This is a sign of unequal opportunities in a society with low physical security. China went through his phase too....or are they backward too ?

6. Communalism, which was almost non-existent in 1857, is widespread in our society today.

Cool.....dint know you were born before 1857 to give us a first hand account.

Muslims are often falsely implicated in bomb blasts and they have to spend years in jail though ultimately found innocent.

Hindus are also falsely implicated in crimes and spend years in jail though ultimately found innocent. Maybe you should have done something about it when you were a Judge. Strangely we have never found you speak out against other Judges.

As I mentioned, upto 1857 communalism was almost non-existent in India. There were no doubt differences between Hindu and Muslims, but there was no enmity between them. In the Mutiny of 1857 Hindus and Muslims jointly fought against the British.

.....by that logic ...since different caste fought against the British there is no casteism in India either.

5. Superstition is rampant in India. Most people believe in astrology, which is pure superstition and humbug. And it is not just the illiterates who believe in it, it is also most of the so called educated people in India. Many Ministers and Judges prefer to take oath of office at the ‘auspicious’ time.

Most educated people believe Mary was a ‘virgin’ and Muhammed spoke to Allah....or are only beliefs & superstitions of hindus a problem for you?

6. A large section of the media, taking advantage of the backwardness of a large section of our people, dishes out lives of filmstars, cricket, etc as if these are the real issues before the people, when the real issues are socio-economic.

I get it....news media should show only what you want them to show. We should see only what you want us to see ...what you want us to hear. You wish to make us ‘not fools’.

.................How lucky we are to have this incredible human walk among us. :blah:

Oh of course. I think he is pretty knowledgeable about legal aspects of both the cases. Why do you take his word for granted when he say 90% Indians are idiot, is he a surveyor or a researcher ? Does he back his claim with some real facts and figures ?

So at one place you take his word at face value whereas question is judgement about issue of legal action to be taken against an Indian prisoner in Pakistan and Pakistani prisoner in India. Well, you really amaze me daily with your acumen Sir.

^^Serious?
Yup, when you are at position like this, you have to be rational rather than emotional fool blurting out anything that comes to your mind.

Kaju ji through this article you have dully informed us about yr leftist credentials. Like the leftist he hates west and just like them he blames caste system and communalism(India for that matter Mr Kaju is communal but thousand times less communal when compared to west and ME) for the mess in which India is.

If 90% of Indians had been communal and idiots then our nation would have been on verge of collapse like Pakistan.

Yup, when you are at position like this, you have to be rational rather than emotional fool blurting out anything that comes to your mind.

His position not withstanding, he has every right to speak his mind.. Emotional , why can't one be emotional even at that position at least in making people understand what is wrong with his country?

His position not withstanding, he has every right to speak his mind.. Emotional , why can't one be emotional even at that position at least in making people understand what is wrong with his country?

The problem is everybody knows (yes ..even those 90% 'fools') what is wrong with the country .......what people want is some with the know how to fix it and ..then actually fix it.

Hell most people in this forum knew about all the problems listed out :lol: ...I guess that makes them top 10% smart men :partay:

The only way to stop corruption besides strict laws and punishment is to spread the word to the youth. That;s why primary education is so important in India. It has to be incorporated into the syllabus everyday. Sadly, even some professors are corrupt for money. Thats why tech is the only viable solution coz its free of interference from these jokers. I have a radical plan using mobile platform tech, it would only generate money thru advertisments but the purpose is not profit..... it is to educate and cultivate the masses on how to think....it would really push Katju's msg. Hard to get investment capital coz they ar emore focused on catering to businesses.

We need a radical leader like Ataturk!

...you must be among the 10% your lord and master mentioned :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom