What's new

Katju's Reply to the 90% quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are led to believe seasoned politicans are the best for India but by looking at our past, that is not true all the time. At least the guy hits core issues spot on. We still have idiots like Laloo, Mayawati, and the Bengali CM engaging in cheap politics. We have absorbed all the bad things from abroad and have not even thought it out properly. I mean our politicans and our ppl don;t look at the pro;s and con's.

More than the politicians, it is the people who are idiots.. They do not care for core issues..

More than the politicians, it is the people who are idiots.. They do not care for core issues..

Very true bro......media and marketing has to be developed much better to convince ppl but it should not be hijacked for core fringe elements. Primary education for all is a must. My parents come from Kottayam, Kerala the first place in India to achieve 100% literacy in 1988. Its time for ppl all over the country to take intiative. Where is the spirit of nationalism and patriotism? I never forget what a British historian said of Netaji Bose. India would never be in the state it is in if Netaji was alive coz he aced the British civil servant exam which would have enabled him to organize India perfectly. No question he was killed by Biritish agents coz of the threat he posed. The same reason why Pakistan was created. Time for Indians to realize they are not in complete control of their destiny. They can be but they have to pay attention to core issues.

Very true bro......media and marketing has to be developed much better to convince ppl but it should not be hijacked for core fringe elements

The media is without ethics.. We have news channels giving their own opinion on the news, should that be acceptable? (Sadly, it is)

They brainwash the public and we happily consume the Masala added, don't we love some spice now!

I find many Pakistanis news items and vids much reasonable and the commentators much more objective..

The media is without ethics.. We have news channels giving their own opinion on the news, should that be acceptable? (Sadly, it is)

They brainwash the public and we happily consume the Masala added, don't we love some spice now!

I find many Pakistanis news items and vids much reasonable and the commentators much more objective..

What you stated is very obvious. I was referring to shows that actually focused on core issues of the common man. Its ridiculous how much Bollywood controls India. I am getting really pissed when I think about these problems. Thats why I support the Naxalites/Maoists 200%. Sure, they are fare from perfect but I am willing to give them a chance over corrupt officials who have ruling India for 50 yrs with **** results.

Seems that either Justice Katju is prone to making same statement every six months or he's convinced about the figures, in fact back in March he went on to say that the actual figure could even be as high as 98% or something.

90% of Indians are fools: Justice Katju - Hindustan Times
Please read the relevant paragraph where he has categorically made a fool of your analysis!

What you stated is very obvious. I was referring to shows that actually focused on core issues of the common man. Its ridiculous how much Bollywood controls India. I am getting really pissed when I think about these problems. Thats why I support the Naxalites/Maoists 200%. Sure, they are fare from perfect but I am willing to give them a chance over corrupt officials who have ruling India for 50 yrs with **** results.

IT is not the corrupt politicians, it is the corrupt people who give chance to a corrupt politician..

The problem is nearer to our society than you think!

Please read the relevant paragraph where he has categorically made a fool of your analysis!

Ya, suddenly he's the darling of the Internet warriors.

Read my post again.......he made the same statement earlier in the year. Last time his statement caused such controversy that WSJ actually conducted an online survey on his claims.....the results were none too healthy either. !!

Read my post again.......he made the same statement earlier in the year. Last time his statement caused such controversy that WSJ actually conducted an online survey on his claims.....the results were none too healthy either. !!

Again, since you are taking the time to respond to my post, please read the reply and come back.. I'll wait!

IT is not the corrupt politicians, it is the corrupt people who give chance to a corrupt politician..

The problem is nearer to our society than you think!

Yeah I noticed that as well. When I visited Kerala last yr, I noticed how incredibly corrupt ppl have become. But it wasn't like this in my grandfather's generation. This is a byproduct of officials in enegaging in such behavior openly for such a long time. But it also takes civilians to engage in bribing such ppl to get their demands met. Sad but true. That is why stringent corruption laws have to be passed. Im tired of hearing the Supreme Court saying the death penatly should be abolsihed, instead more crimes should be penalized with the threat of death including corruption even if its 1 paisa!

Yeah I noticed that as well. When I visited Kerala last yr, I noticed how incredibly corrupt ppl have become. But it wasn't like this in my grandfather's generation. This is a byproduct of officials in enegaging in such behavior openly for such a long time. But it also takes civilians to engage in bribing such ppl to get their demands met. Sad but true. That is why stringent corruption laws have to be passed. Im tired of hearing the Supreme Court saying the death penatly should be abolsihed, instead more crimes should be penalized with the threat of death including corruption even if its 1 paisa!
This endemic cannot be rooted out with laws which are again flouted by the same who's duty is to enforce it...

Awareness and encouragement to people who are willing to fight is the way forward.. A simple RTI act brought in a lot of accountability, parties are scared of it now.. We need more accountability and awareness, if even 20% of our population uses RTI then corruption will come down to a large extent..

Heck, the same Katju has famously said that Muslims were safer in India than in Pakistan and Bearded Muslims are an indicator of Talibanisation. Pakistanis would rather pull their tongues out than agree with the view of Mr. Katju.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Katju, you make a powerful argument and I salute you for that, Sir.:cheers:

I would have paraphrased the idea slightly differently. I would say 90 to 95 % of South Asians are highly " Emotional Beings " and this means they are not Rational when they are in that emotional state.

Oh, how I wish my people were more Rational and less Emotional. We are big on "Naarabazi" and short on " Substance ".

Again, since you are taking the time to respond to my post, please read the reply and come back.. I'll wait!

Dude, you are adamant to drive your point without trying to understand mine.

I am not saying he says it with bad intent rather tends to draw attention every few months by making same remarks. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom