What's new

Kashmiri Pundit : What was done to them by Kashmiri Muslims

The mosques in the first week of January in 1990 were incessantly broadcasting over the loudspeakers that the pandits either convert to Islam or leave the valley. Kashmir main rahna hai, Allah-ho-Akbar Kahna hoga.

The January 4 edition of Aftab carried out a front page threat of Hizbul Mujaheddin asking for secession of Kashmir from India and asking the hindus to leave the kashmir valley unless they accepted islam. The January 19 editions of Al-safa carried out the same threats in the front page.[/I]

What do you expect when you kill 100 unarmed protestors? Emotions run high during such events and hence you see such statments.

1990: In January, Jagmohan is appointed as the Governor; Farooq Abdullah resigns. On 20 January, an estimated 100 people are killed when a large group of unarmed protesters are fired upon by the Indian troops at the Gawakadal bridge. With this incident, it becomes an insurgency of the entire population.

What do you expect when you kill 100 unarmed protestors? Emotions run high during such events and hence you see such statments.

The threats started before that itself.

The January 4 edition of Aftab carried out a front page threat of Hizbul Mujaheddin asking for secession of Kashmir from India and asking the hindus to leave the kashmir valley unless they accepted islam.

Because it was the terrorists and extremists back by Pakistan. Same people who are killing in your country.

You talk about Godhara everytime where Hindus and Muslims got killed.

Here it is Kashmiri Pandits mercilessly killed and made to leave their homeland.

And since then, after kicking Kashmiri Pandits, same terrorists started killing Kashmiri people in bomb blasts.

And now you say that during conflicts, society get persecuted, I agree, IA did some war crimes, but why don't see the root cause.

Those Afghan insurgents were sent by Pakistan.

I could remember one of the postings of a senior mod but would be very applicable here -

after all they are hindus and not considered humans I suppose by people sharing views bigoted to them

You are distorting the facts, it was the muslims who were being slaughtered by the indian occupational forces first and as a result they may have (not confirmed though) taken out their frustration on pandits loyal to indian occupational regiem.

You are not understanding the thread. It is about 300000 Kashmiri Pandits who have left their homes under the fear of being killed by some mob which is Muslim. Army came after Kashmiri Pandits suffered and pushed out. Why don't you understand this simple genocide?

You are distorting the facts, it was the muslims who were being slaughtered by the indian occupational forces first and as a result they may have (not confirmed though) taken out their frustration on pandits loyal to indian occupational regiem.

1)Any frustration does not justify killing or Genocide.

2) Kashmir is not Muslim's property that view of kashmiri pandit will not be favored.

So Kashmir was peaceful then suddenly the Muslim population went beserk?? Think about it - may be it wqs not as peaceful a we are led to believe

No, not quite. There was a huge political, not religious, revulsion, between 1984 and 1989. This was very complicated. An element in Kashmiri politics that was neither Sher nor Bakra sought its own political space, was brutally repressed by the provincial administration which wanted to remain a monopoly of one political movement, and the representatives, infuriated by this cynical rejection of democracy and the helpless hand-wringing ineffective response of the central government, took to agitation, then to arms. It was this faction turning to armed struggle that created a bandwagon. The Hurriyat climbed on to this bandwagon, reluctantly at first, with alacrity once some high-profile executions were carried out, notably of the old Mirwaiz, Jinnah's despair and the butt of most of Sheikh Abdullah's jokes, and Lone, whose children are all careful to toe the line and avert their father's fate. It was a faction of the Hurriyat, the hard Hurriyat, as opposed to the soft Hurriyat of the younger Mirwaiz, that turned Wahhabi, partly due to prior conviction, partly due to massive subventions.

"Every man has his price," said Henry Ford, "What's yours?"

Tens of thousands murdered their womenfolk disgraced and lakhs becoming refugges..no, it was not an 'isolated' incident that happened 'here and there'. Neither was it a blowback of some sorts. The Pandits were mostly teachers who had gone about their lives without interfering in the local politics and did not deserve what they got at the hands of the kashmiri muslims.

I'd like to point out some of the slogans that were famous in those days among the Kasmiri sunni muslims. Those days meaning in the late 1980s and early 1990s when the jehad was t its peak.

Hamein kya chahiye nizam-e-mustafa, Yahan kya chalega, nizam-e-mustafa, nizam-e-mustafa

asi gachi pakistan, bata tav ros, batanev san (we want pakistan, with kashmiri women and without their men folk)

aye kafiro, aye zalimo, kashmir chod do

Allah-o-Akbar, Musalmano jago Kafiro bhago, jehad aa raha hai.

Islam hamara maksad hai Kuran hamara dastur hai Jehad hamara rasta hai.

The mosques in the first week of January in 1990 were incessantly broadcasting over the loudspeakers that the pandits either convert to Islam or leave the valley. Kashmir main rahna hai, Allah-ho-Akbar Kahna hoga.

The January 4 edition of Aftab carried out a front page threat of Hizbul Mujaheddin asking for secession of Kashmir from India and asking the hindus to leave the kashmir valley unless they accepted islam. The January 19 editions of Al-safa carried out the same threats in the front page.

Cant you see the religious venom dripping out of them ?

I'll tell you why - because it takes a man supreme courage to blow himself up. Honestly kashmiri militants and later their punjabi backers werent upto that. Honestly. The only good fighters that the Indian Army faced in Kashmir were the Afghans, Arabs and chechens with Kashmiri militants themselves being the most easy.

Those slogans were the ugliest expressions of intolerance, especially 'Asi gachhi Pakistan...." even today, separatist friends go red in the face, and try to put themselves at arms' length from that particularly vile one. What happened to those unfortunate women at the hands of the imports fully lived up to the slogans.

The native Kashmiri element vanished from the uprisings very soon after it began. From about 1992 or so, it was largely Afghan/Pathan and Punjabi.

WhT slaughter? There was peace from 65 to 89. Why would anyone slaughter any one else? The Indian Army was at the Borders, guarding against another Gibraltar, not in the bazaars. They came in only on the call of the civil administration, and only when the AFSPA was passed.

Try to get your dates right.

But the point is some of the youths are also brainwashed and they are very well educated.

That is all right.

There is space for S. A. A. Geelani and Arundhati Roy, as well as for Zakir Naik. What is irritating is that there is no space for Taslima Nasreen or for Salman Rushdie.

That is all right.

There is space for S. A. A. Geelani and Arundhati Roy, as well as for Zakir Naik. What is irritating is that there is no space for Taslima Nasreen or for Salman Rushdie.

My own friend I was talking about he was with me in the school. He came to Delhi in 9th and still has very upsetting views. The current generation has been psychologically made anti Indian.

My own friend I was talking about he was with me in the school. He came to Delhi in 9th and still has very upsetting views. The current generation has been psychologically made anti Indian.

Having anti-India views is still not a crime. Let's keep it that way. Let's be quick to act only when some criminal breaks the law.

Having anti-India views is still not a crime. Let's keep it that way. Let's be quick to act only when some criminal breaks the law.

But that is directly affecting our foreign policy when Pakistan demands of Plebiscite and UN intervention in Kashmir. Plus 300000 Kashmiris need justice and if not provided don't you think that this challenges the secularism in India. And moreover this must not repeat.

That is all right.

quoted for truth :tup:

But that is directly affecting our foreign policy when Pakistan demands of Plebiscite and UN intervention in Kashmir. Plus 300000 Kashmiris need justice and if not provided don't you think that this challenges the secularism in India. And moreover this must not repeat.

How does this affect our foreign policy? All that we have had to do to puncture that particular balloon is to agree readily and ask for full withdrawal of Pakistani troops from all of Kashmir, in line with those resolutions. This continues to be an irritant only for those unaware of the facts and vulnerable to Pakistani diplomatic mischief-making.

As for the 300,000 Kashmiris needing justice, there have been hundreds of proposals; which do you back? What, in short, do you think ought to be done? You are aware that the community is fearful of going back?

How does this affect our foreign policy? All that we have had to do to puncture that particular balloon is to agree readily and ask for full withdrawal of Pakistani troops from all of Kashmir, in line with those resolutions. This continues to be an irritant only for those unaware of the facts and vulnerable to Pakistani diplomatic mischief-making.

As for the 300,000 Kashmiris needing justice, there have been hundreds of proposals; which do you back? What, in short, do you think ought to be done? You are aware that the community is fearful of going back?

Just like Musharraf tried to bring Kashmir in international platform for debate. Though he failed since his plan could not execute well. Kashmir at times is a destabilizing factor where Pakistan gets an excuse. Some times Pakistan gets funding because Kashmir = Gaza strip( I have heard)

Justice can only be one. Make atmosphere pre 86.

Just like Musharraf tried to bring Kashmir in international platform for debate. Though he failed since his plan could not execute well. Kashmir at times is a destabilizing factor where Pakistan gets an excuse. Some times Pakistan gets funding because Kashmir = Gaza strip( I have heard)

Justice can only be one. Make atmosphere pre 86.

I think I'm getting too old for this.

Back
Top Bottom