What's new

Kashmiri Pundit : What was done to them by Kashmiri Muslims

I have read the article but i did point out in the previous post saying that "pakistani army was also involved in the liberation of kashmir and helped the kashmiris fight india is not disputed by me."

To add further i have never said that no tribesman or pak army was not involved in the 1947-48 kashmir war but i have to add that the kashmiris rose up first against dogra rule and then the help from pakistan came after.
If india can help the dogra ruler then the pakistanis can help the people.

There seems to be a concerted effort lately by propagandists specially the Muslim league of Pakistan in projecting that the Tribal invasion of 1947=48 were not carried Pushtoons along with Pak regulars but by Mirpuri's and Poonchies.

@Joe Shearer, can you clarify pls?

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a concerted effort lately by propagandists specially the Muslim league of Pakistan in projecting that the Tribal invasion of 1947=48 were not carried Pushtoons along with Pak regulars but by Mirpuri's and Poonchies.

Not from the accounts available soon after that. Various accounts exist; Tariq Ali's is perhaps the best.

The only thing i can clarify are my own points....... i will say again kashmiris-army-tribesman together tried to liberate kashmir with the kashmiris taking the lead role until the invasion of kashmir by the indian army on the side of the dogra regime and only then did the pakistan army and then tribesman came to the aid of the kashmiris.
The "concerted effort lately by propagandists in projecting that the Tribal invasion of 1947=48 were not carried Pushtoons along with Pak regulars but by Mirpuri's and Poonchies" is what i would call countering indian propaganda of totally airbrushing the kashmiris out the scene and making out that this is a straight pak-ind fight.
Most indians think that the kashmir war was the indian helping the kashmiris fight a pak invasion of looters-rapist-killers.....now if thats what the indian population want to believe its up to them but by not knowing the "facts" the status quo will remain which is of no benefit to the region.

Back
Top Bottom