What's new

Kashmir The Freedom of Struggle

This is not a Hindu Vs Muslim debate. This is a territorial debate. Let us keep it so.

Chaps unfortunately the J&K imbroglio is strongly influenced by communal factors, right since 1947.

J&K accession to India is not acceptable to Pakistan mainly because J&K is predominantly a Muslim state and India a state with majority Hindus.

Don;t care the religeon. Let them elect their government. Maybe it should be co-governed by India and Pakistan. But let all forces leave the area first.

J&K accession to India is not acceptable to Pakistan mainly because J&K is predominantly a Muslim state and India a state with majority Hindus.

What i mean is that lets not start geting heated up among ourselves on religion. And its cool now, so lets carry on:tup:

Chaps unfortunately the J&K imbroglio is strongly influenced by communal factors, right since 1947.

Thats weird from what i read it was the indian hindus and pakistani muslims killing each other during partition.
Dont recall any communal fighting in kashmir between different faiths on the same scale that the indians and pakistanis slaughtered each other.
This may be hard for you to understand but kashmiris no matter what faith get along fine its only when india/pakistan get involved things take a wrong turn.

malaymishra123 malaymishra123 malaymishra123

This is going to be a problem.
India will not take pakistans word that it has cracked down on the freedom movement and dismantled training camps.
In the same way pakistan will not accept india being judge and jury on whether cross border movement is taking place or not.
Would you accept a third party to verify if cross border movement is taking place and if the camps have been dismantled?

When would the 1/2 year period start from.
I think the pakistanis would want the time period from the start of peace process to be included in the timeframe of 1/2 years.

Please not the ISI again.Why is it when anything bad is going on in india its the ISI fault.
I think you overrate the ISI.

Yes i see where your coming from but from a pakistani point of view if the core conflict is not resolved then all other "pre-requisites" will not be carried through and will become only window dressing.

http://www.nio.gov.uk/the-agreement

Bro i think you missed my response to your suggestions.I hope you can add more after reading my questions.

IT IS ON PAGE 17 NEAR THE BOTTOM.

malaymishra123 malaymishra123 malaymishra123

Bro i think you missed my response to your suggestions.I hope you can add more after reading my questions.

IT IS ON PAGE 17 NEAR THE BOTTOM.
LOL, im seeing it now dude!

This is going to be a problem.
India will not take pakistans word that it has cracked down on the freedom movement and dismantled training camps.
Its not the problem of taking Pakistan's word. Its simple, when the Indian intelli agencies dont find terrorists being aided by Pakistan, then they will continue on the CBM's. They would have no point to lie that Pakistan is still aiding terrorists, since its a pre-requisite to further talks.

In the same way pakistan will not accept india being judge and jury on whether cross border movement is taking place or not.
Seeing as India is the one where terrorists find most comfortable to blow up, Pakistan will have to accept the fact that India will decide whether terorists are being aided by Pakistan in cross border infilteration or not.

Would you accept a third party to verify if cross border movement is taking place and if the camps have been dismantled?
I suppose yes, but thats my viewpoint.

When would the 1/2 year period start from.
I think the pakistanis would want the time period from the start of peace process to be included in the timeframe of 1/2 years.
The period would start from the time terrorist training camps are destroyed and cross border infilteration has stopped.

Please not the ISI again.Why is it when anything bad is going on in india its the ISI fault.
I think you overrate the ISI.
No. ISI is not some super-secret organisation. It gets cash for a single purpose, to fund Indian separatists. Indian intelligence agencies are normally aware when this happens.

Yes i see where your coming from but from a pakistani point of view if the core conflict is not resolved then all other "pre-requisites" will not be carried through and will become only window dressing.
The core-conflict will only be resolved when the terrorism stops. GoI has said this many time, and i beileve it is right. If terrorists are still present, then there cannot be peace, while they blow up people in India.

Kashmir house adjourned on rights abuses

Indo-Asian News Service

Jammu, January 31, 2007

Proceedings in both houses of the Jammu and Kashmir legislature were repeatedly disrupted on Wednesday as opposition leaders staged noisy protests against "fake encounters" in the state.

Demanding a separate discussion on human rights violations, the main opposition National Conference members stalled the assembly and Speaker Tara Chand had to adjourn proceedings twice.

National Conference legislators asked that the issue be discussed on Thursday when grants of departments under Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad come up for discussion — the home department is held by the chief minister.

The situation was chaotic in the legislative council too with the opposition raising slogans like "Mulzimon ko saza do (punish the guilty)" and "Down with fake encounters".

Leader of Opposition Abdul Rahim Rather said, "Daily reports of fake encounters appearing in the media are a poor reflection on the government's claim of zero tolerance on human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir."

The National Conference was dissatisfied with chief minister's statement on Tuesday that "those found guilty of killing innocents would not be spared".

Two policemen were arrested earlier this week and two senior officers suspended after a youth was allegedly killed in a shootout staged by the police.

The family members of the youth — Abdul Rehman Paddar, resident of Larnoo village in Anantnag district — had filed a complaint at the Batmaloo police station in Srinagar on Jan 23, saying the youngster was abducted by unknown people from Batmaloo on Dec 8.
They said Paddar had a mobile phone with him when he went missing. Following investigations, police recovered the mobile from a member of the Special Operations Group (SOG) who said a police official had given it to him.

The recovery of the phone led to the possibility that the youth was killed in a shootout in Anantnag district on Dec 9 in which SOG had killed a "foreign terrorist".

Ruling coalition partner People's Democratic Party's Ghulam Hassan Mir said this was an issue that concerned all members and a special discussion be held on the issue.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1916164,000900010002.htm

found guilty of killing innocents would not be spared".

Two policemen were arrested earlier this week and two senior officers suspended after a youth was allegedly killed in a shootout staged by the police.

The family members of the youth — Abdul Rehman Paddar, resident of Larnoo village in Anantnag district — had filed a complaint at the Batmaloo police station in Srinagar on Jan 23, saying the youngster was abducted by unknown people from Batmaloo on Dec 8.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1916164,000900010002.htm

Hindustan times, I dont believe it.

What a hypocrite you are? When we post Indian articles you say Indian media have no crebility left and when you want to prove a point you use the very same media whch you criticised.

Hindustan times, I dont believe it.

What a hypocrite you are? When we post Indian articles you say Indian media have no crebility left and when you want to prove a point you use the very same media whch you criticised.

Bull its not an article its a news of actual happening. Now its up to u to believe in Hindustan Times or not?

Back
Top Bottom