What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Khalid saab don't get excited.

As I've said before, there is nothing that Pakistan can do to India, which India cannot rain down on Pakistan a hundredfold.

Newton's Law (forget which one) - every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

In real polity, however, the "equal" part of the equation often goes for a toss.

As for your last statement, no arguments there. You have taken a part of our land by force, and the only way you will hold that land is by force.

I was merely pointing out the SHAM of then calling it Azad Kashmir in the first place ..... the topic of discussion here, and nothing to do with "disrespecting the host" (is that all you can resort to in a debate?).

Cheers, Doc

Well I pointed out a tone of statement that is there for all to see!
How can you call Kashmir yours when we from day one have said let the people decide and let’s see, the ball has always been in your court and you guys have always decided to play blame games on it. As for the rest of your arguments about Pakistan doing stuff in your country you didn’t answer my points.
Well I am not a military personnel some other member will be able to answer the question better but I am sure that the indians to Pakistani military ration will tilt a lot in your favor as of having more boots on ground. Now I have never heard of a country having to deploy so much military within its state. Yes your land indeed. :pakistan:

How can you call Kashmir yours when we from day one have said let the people decide and let’s see, the ball has always been in your court and you guys have always decided to play blame games on it.

We call Kashmir ours because at the time of Partition it was ceded to us and we have legal documentation to prove it.

Just as you claim that Balochistan was ceded to you.

So if we let you have Balochistan, in spite of serious resistance by the local population (a la the Kashmiri muslims as per your claim), which continues to this day, why finger Kashmir?

Do you see us interfering in Balochistan?

Then who are you to tell us to let the people, our people, decide anything? We are a sovereign nation, and kashmir is a state of ours, and kashmiris our citizens. You may please mind your business and look to your own country and your own people.

Did we demand that you let the Balochis decide whether they wanted to be part of Pakistan?

Do you even realise how absurd this line of thought sounds?

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
We call Kashmir ours because at the time of Partition it was ceded to us and we have legal documentation to prove it.

Just as you claim that Balochistan was ceded to you.

So if we let you have Balochistan, in spite of serious resistance by the local population (a la the Kashmiri muslims as per your claim), why finger Kashmir?

Who are you to tell us to let the people, our people, decide anything? We are a sovereign nation, and kashmir is a state of ours, and kashmiris our citizens.

Did we demand that you let the Balochis decide whether they wanted to be part of Pakistan?

Do you even realise how absurd this line of thought sounds?

Cheers, Doc

Then I guess as of the originally plan we should lay our claim to Hyderabad and many other places. Dude we are not discussing the main land territory we are talking about Kashmir that is a disputed territory now if you fail to believe that that is your problem. The reality is that it belongs to Pakistan. There was a state that is in india now that joined Pakistan I think it was called Junagadh, we have to documents to prove that. So stop fooling your self and Baluchistan is not your problem so stop tooling. And now as of Kashmir you didn't answer my question that why do you have to deploy so much army there. What do yo have to say about the human rights abuses there. Or you don't see them at all.

@Halaku Khan
Holy Cow: Yet another school AHRC textbook controversy.

@vsdoc

who cares about keeping scores. Lets eat some beef, so no beef remains btw Pakistan and India.

Then I guess as of the originally plan we should lay our claim to Hyderabad and many other places. Dude we are not discussing the main land territory we are talking about Kashmir that is a disputed territory now if you fail to believe that that is your problem.

Dude that is EXACTLY the issue and where the absurdity stems from! Tere mere kahne se land does not get disputed.

If you want to take THAT as the reference point for labeling a piece of land disputed territory, HELL, the whole of PAKISTAN is disputed territory cause India laid claim to it and did not want to let it go!

Do you see the absurdity of the argument?

So stop fooling your self and Baluchistan is not your problem so stop tooling.

Yes, we are mature enough to give you leeway on Balochistan. But India's patience is running thin on Kashmir, and Balochistan will sooner rather than later be dragged alongside by us. Two can play the same game my friend ..... and history proves that India is better than you at playing these games.

And now as of Kashmir you didn't answer my question that why do you have to deploy so much army there.

The answer is obvious my friend. To keep our friendly neighbours from getting frisky ..... which they have exhibited an irritating cyclical preponderence to.

Also, we have a vermin problem in Kashmir ..... so the IA is there for pest control.

Cheers, Doc

Hey cow man, stop talkin Bull----, let me bring to you the real picture of "not so Incredible India"
1) Most number of malnourished in any one country.
2) Most number of people deprived of basic infrastructure in any one country.
3) On the US minorities rights watch list.
4) Largest number of underage sex workers.
5) Largest number of aids patients in any one country.
6) Often goes through "Purification" when minorities are killed in large numbers, recent occurrences in Gujrat and Orissa.
7) With a military that is charged with the most non-war crime, human rights abuses.
8) Agricultural country yet retains the world's highest farmer suicide rate.
We may not be the perfect "Dream Nation" but neither are you.....
Now my Friend you can be ashamed............................

Bullman, one of the largest contributers to the World Bank, yet all of this? Yeah, I understand your shame.

And also, the World Bank did not save Pakistan. Reforms and changes did by Musharraf, the 'dictator.'

Eighty-nine separatist movement, 5 of them large and vast.

Indian's just cant accept reality that Kashmir does not want to be apart of India and never will accept itself as a part of India. And its not just about Kashmiri's, its about the others too, Khalistanis which I hear more about and more, etc.

Last edited:
Indian's just cant accept reality that Kashmir does not want to be apart of India and never will accept itself as a part of India.

No, its a known thing. Its well acknowledged in media and public debates in India. But the trend in Kashmir is growing assimilation with India. In about a decade, Kashmiris will be as much Indians(in terms of jingoism) as we are today. You know who are the biggest helpers of IA in Kashmir in defeating terrorism? Its the common Kashmiris. Soon Kashmir will be demilitarised and the policing duties will be given to locals, in about a decade or two.

And its not just about Kashmiri's, its about the others too, Khalistanis which I hear more about and more, etc.

No, Khalistan movement is dead. It was never mass supported. And today, it is more dead than ever with a sikh PM at the helm of affairs.

PS: Defeating secessionist movements is not easy. You found out that in East Pakistan. Yet, India has had tremendous success in quelling such movements. With the growing economy, backwardness will be eliminated and such movements defeated. With growing unstability and poverty, more movements will come up.

No, its a known thing. Its well acknowledged in media and public debates in India. But the trend in Kashmir is growing assimilation with India. In about a decade, Kashmiris will be as much Indians(in terms of jingoism) as we are today. You know who are the biggest helpers of IA in Kashmir in defeating terrorism? Its the common Kashmiris. Soon Kashmir will be demilitarised and the policing duties will be given to locals, in about a decade or two.

No, Khalistan movement is dead. It was never mass supported. And today, it is more dead than ever with a sikh PM at the helm of affairs.

PS: Defeating secessionist movements is not easy. You found out that in East Pakistan. Yet, India has had tremendous success in quelling such movements. With the growing economy, backwardness will be eliminated and such movements defeated. With growing unstability and poverty, more movements will come up.

Buddy, the movement in the East was never a secessionist, it was just transformed into one by Indian media and R&AW(the bastards, they took the coolest name).
Lolx

Buddy, the movement in the East was never a secessionist, it was just transformed into one by Indian media and R&AW(the bastards, they took the coolest name).
Lolx

Buddy, without outside support no secessionist movement can survive. Many such movements in India also of support from outside. Its all fair in the game...

Well, the media is having trouble acknowledging this due to movies like 'Fanaa' and 'Mission Kashmir.'

I wouldn't say 'dead' because memories don't die. In my high school we have a wall full of flags and one of them happen to be a Khalistan flag.

Well, the media is having trouble acknowledging this due to movies like 'Fanaa' and 'Mission Kashmir.'

I wouldn't say 'dead' because memories don't die. In my high school we have a wall full of flags and one of them happen to be a Khalistan flag.

Do you know what Khalistan movement is??I think you are mixing it with Kasmiri sepretist movement

No. Indian movies do not impact media's workings. Maybe you imagine indian cinema as very powerful within India, but that is not true. There are many movies justifying terrorism as well. Kurbaan was a recent release which was from a terrorist's angle.

Khalistan movement is dead because people of punjab do not support it. Punjabis are actively taking part in nation building in India at all levels in all fields. Sure, others may want Khalistan to revive, but that does not make a difference on the ground.

What proof did India have of Pakistan's involvement in..................................let's say.......................... Mumbai Attacks ?

This point that you raised has been addressed in this thread here. In the meantime, do also watch this video about who some Pakistani intellectuals think is "playing dirty" and also how it is quite obvious for Indians to suspect:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom