What's new

Army jawan arrested on charges of rape in Occupied Kashmir

Locals or Mercenaries. Anyways they are trained by Indian military and are part of apparatus that Indian state has created to occupy Kashmir.

Not at all, army is posted on borders, and army reserves are meant to supplement the army. So even if I agree that there is a certain apparatus to occupy Kashmir - meaning to suppress people, they would not be part of it. All army is meant to do is defend the border.

I am going with the source. It isn't like I added "army jawan" from myself.
Can I use the same excuse if there is any news about Pakistan? It would be justified to ignore the mistakes of source and news be discussed?

Not at all, army is posted on borders, and army reserves are meant to supplement the army. So even if I agree that there is a certain apparatus to occupy Kashmir - meaning to suppress people, they would not be part of it. All army is meant to do is defend the border.

I know what are army reserves. I am just saying they are not that separated from Indian military as some Indians think here.

Can I use the same excuse if there is any news about Pakistan? It would be justified to ignore the mistakes of source and news be discussed?

I would reject the news with facts but won't accuse you of any dishonesty.

I know what are army reserves. I am just saying they are not that separated from Indian military as some Indians think here.

Territorial Army (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the Indian Territorial Army is not a profession, occupation or a source of employment. It is only meant for those people who are already in mainstay civilian professions, in fact, gainful employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a pre-requisite for joining the Territorial Army

Them not being part of the army means they would not have same level of discipline as a regular serviceman. They are just trained civilian. A few weeks per year doesn't gets them anywhere close to military.

I would reject the news with facts but won't accuse you of any dishonesty.
Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom