What's new

Kashmir is 'NOT' India's Internal affair | Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.

You have only words like if, can. :lol: It seems the high voter turnout in Kashmir shocked many Pakistanis. :lol:

As i told you before,no Pakistani is shocked by such a large turnout. we completely trust PTI and how they censor "fake news" okay!!

As i told you before,no Pakistani is shocked by such a large turnout. we completely trust PTI and how they censor "fake news" okay!!

You trust the PTI but PTI lost the Pakistan's election

That is why I went there. Handful of Separatist Leaders are Pro Pakistani and not all Kashmiris...:cuckoo:

Overwhelming majority of Kashmiris do not want to live under Indian rule , that is a fact . Those handful of separatist leaders can get thousands of Kashmiris out to protest/demonstrate against Indian rule and declare strikes in the valley , get the people to hoist the crescent and star and burn the tricolor but no such thing ever happens in Azad Kashmir or Gilgit Baltistan , ironic , isn't it ? :azn: But , then again even the most biased of Indians know , where does the loyalty of Kashmiris in the valley lie , admitting it in front of us may be difficult though .

Overwhelming majority of Kashmiris do not want to live under Indian rule , that is a fact . Those handful of separatist leaders can get thousands of Kashmiris out to protest/demonstrate against Indian rule and declare strikes in the valley , get the people to hoist the crescent and star and burn the tricolor but no such thing ever happens in Azad Kashmir or Gilgit Baltistan , ironic , isn't it ? :azn: But , then again even the most biased of Indians know , where does the loyalty of Kashmiris in the valley lie , admitting it in front of us may be difficult though .
Its the sunni majority of kashmir who are against Indian rule and want to be with pakistan (or independent). The rest (hindus of jammu, buddists of laddakh, and shias of kashmir/laddakh) want to be with India.
Because sunnis enjoy majority in J&K, one can say most kashmiris hate India.

Its the sunni majority of kashmir who are against Indian rule and want to be with pakistan (or independent). The rest (hindus of jammu, buddists of laddakh, and shias of kashmir/laddakh) want to be with India.
Because sunnis enjoy majority in J&K, one can say most kashmiris hate India.

Quite right , though I do not understand the Shia thing here . because they live on the Pakistani side too and we never ever had trouble from no one in Pakistan Administered Kashmir . What more can you tell me , about them ? Even you know , where the majority of the Kashmiris are concentrated . The Valley . Majority of them are secessionist and aren't content with Indian rule .

Assassination or side-lining efforts guaranteed. Either that or some serious spanking by the state is in order.

It looks like , even he's not happy with the Indian treatment of Kashmiris now . Hence the recent statements regarding ' mistreatment ' and ' being treated differently ' and ' solve the issue ' . Though , he's moving in the right direction by asking the Indian Govt to politically settle the issue by negotiations with secessionist and Pakistani Govt . Though , I can tell you from my study of the history of Kashmir , he's not that different from his father actually .

Quite right , though I do not understand the Shia thing here . because they live on the Pakistani side too and we never ever had trouble from no one in Pakistan Administered Kashmir . What more can you tell me , about them ? Even you know , where the majority of the Kashmiris are concentrated . The Valley . Majority of them are secessionist and aren't content with Indian rule .

It looks like , even he's not happy with the Indian treatment of Kashmiris now . Hence the recent statements regarding ' mistreatment ' and ' being treated differently ' and ' solve the issue ' . Though , he's moving in the right direction by asking the Indian Govt to politically settle the issue by negotiations with secessionist and Pakistani Govt . Though , I can tell you from my study of the history of Kashmir , he's not that different from his father actually .
Well because the three group hindus/buddists/shia are minority, they risk persecution by sunnis if kashmir becomes Independent or goes to pakistan. Even now they are a minority nobody talks about and dominated by sunnis.

And I dont think shias are really in such a good position in pakistan side of kashmir, that it will give confidence to those on Indian side.

The partition wasn't handled properly it seems. Amongst others the 3 options which should be discussed are the "all or nothing" option, ie total re-partitioning which would be all Muslims under either a Muslim state or multiple Muslims states thus leaving a Hindustan India which comprises only Hindus /Sikhs/Jains/Christians/Athiests etc and offcourse banning any Muslim from being a citizen of this newly created state of India or ; a referendum in all existing states of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to determine which states want to remain in which country; or maintaining the status quo of the current maps and agreeing that the existing demarcations become the recognized borders of each country. The first option seems to be the least workable and the least humane option imo.

Certain Indian members repeatedly point out that the conflict in IoK is perpetrated by Sunni Muslims who want to join with Pakistan. This is pure speculation . The Indian government or the state government of IoK should have carried out a survey in an attempt to determine what the aspiration and the wishes are of the majority of its people. Until it does so, it is purely speculating as to who wants what in that area. There are separatists who want independence, those who want to remain within India and those who want to be part of Pakistan. That is all we seem to know about IoK.

The partition wasn't handled properly it seems. Amongst others the 3 options which should be discussed are the "all or nothing" option, ie total re-partitioning which would be all Muslims under either a Muslim state or multiple Muslims states thus leaving a Hindustan India which comprises only Hindus /Sikhs/Jains/Christians/Athiests etc and offcourse banning any Muslim from being a citizen of this newly created state of India or ; a referendum in all existing states of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to determine which states want to remain in which country; or maintaining the status quo of the current maps and agreeing that the existing demarcations become the recognized borders of each country. The first option seems to be the least workable and the least humane option imo.

Certain Indian members repeatedly point out that the conflict in IoK is perpetrated by Sunni Muslims who want to join with Pakistan. This is pure speculation . The Indian government or the state government of IoK should have carried out a survey in an attempt to determine what the aspiration and the wishes are of the majority of its people. Until it does so, it is purely speculating as to who wants what in that area. There are separatists who want independence, those who want to remain within India and those who want to be part of Pakistan. That is all we seem to know about IoK.

It is not speculation. Basic research on the internet will provide you with enough knowledge on this . It has been discussed on this forum too , many times. also remember, It's the Sunni Kashmiris who are seccesionist , not all Sunnis.

You can start with these-

Kashmir: Paths to Peace | Chatham House: Independent thinking on international affairs

See what the Shias of Kargil, Hindus of Jammu and Buddhists of Leh have to say. also, notice what the sunnis of poonch and rajouri in jammu have to say.

Do also notice that Pakistan didn't allow the survey to be taken in Shia majority Gilgit-Baltistan/Northern Areas. Wonder why :)

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Kashmiri Shia mourn India patriot

Last edited by a moderator:

GoI or kashmir govt will not carry out any survey or referendum because they fear the worst.

GoI or kashmir govt will not carry out any survey or referendum because they fear the worst.

There are at least 3 or 4 surveys carried out in Indian Kashmir that are openly available on the internet. Just 5 minutes of research is all it takes. They all give the same result -

Jammu- India
Ladakh-India
Kashmir Valley- Independence

The Partition was a massive screwup by the Brits. But whether it was intentional or unintentional remains to be seen.

Thanks for the advice but we have a slightly different approach from Pakistan on such issues.

Yes, just like you are in the Northern Areas and Balochistan.

Oh yeah, you simply put a curfew. Call protestors paid hooligans and so on.

Btw, should I remind you of your tacit violation of forum rules in bringing in Pakistan as a diversionary and derailment tactic?
But then again , the title of senior members is joke for most. Lost of posts mean keyboard diarrhoea, not intelligence.

Oh yeah, you simply put a curfew. Call protestors paid hooligans and so on.

Btw, should I remind you of your tacit violation of forum rules in bringing in Pakistan as a diversionary and derailment tactic?
But then again , the title of senior members is joke for most. Lost of posts mean keyboard diarrhoea, not intelligence.

Yeah and when moderators engage in flame trolling by writing provocative one-liners , that doesn't count for anything.

This is your contribution to this discussion-

"Assassination or side-lining efforts guaranteed. Either that or some serious spanking by the state is in order.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmi...ief-minister-omar-abdullah.html#ixzz2cEcR37um

Anybody who makes posts like these or ignores similar posts from some ELITE members of his country should not be talking about intelligence.

If you look up my last few posts, my contribution to this discussion has been a 'bit' better than yours up till now.

Don't take it as an insult , Mr.Senior Moderator, just addressing your post with my opinion.

As far as curfew and protests in Kashmir Valley are concerned , I don't understand how they become a part of this discussion. When protestors become unruly and start throwing rocks , attacking people and police then curfew is the only option. However, this statement by the Chief Minister will not lead to any of this. So you are a bit off-topic here.

Back
Top Bottom