What's new

Kargil war secret: IAF used ‘jugaad’

Status
Not open for further replies.
It not just one peak but several like them and its the highest peak in the sec.

Just one peak, two ridges, all on the LoC.

It may be a high peak, but certainly not the highest in all of Drass as some over-enthusiastic media claims. Tiger Hill is the highest in the immediate area around 5353, and there are higher peaks other than these.

Salute to all the son's and daughters of soil from both side who gave their lives for a cause they believe in.

Though I respect your feelings about soldiers and also salute them but I think from Pakistan's side, the soldiers didn't knew much about the situations they would face. But even then, they were bound to follow the orders.

EzioAltaïr;4099853 said:
See, that's a matter of perspective. This man probably cares about his men as much as his mission, and considers the loss of too many men a loss of mission. The fact is, that Pakistan faced a lot more deaths, between 700 and 4000. So how is it, that a Pakistani considers the loss of 587 Indians a victory, but the loss of 700 or more a slight mishap? :lol:

Not true, that man was indicted by the armed forces tribunal for fudging battlefield reports. When indicted, he gave a bunch of tv interviews where he essentially spoke nonsense. The Pakistanis have been dragging that quote here without even understanding what is being said. Even Gen Krishan Pal could do no better than say that the gains of kargil were not consolidated and that was a loss according to him. Some Pakistanis are so desperate that they will latch on to anything.

Salute to all the son's and daughters of soil from both side who gave their lives for a cause they believe in.

First Ever Sensible Post by a Pakistani on the Episode. ---Applauded.

Kargil War -

India - We lost precious Lives
We learned Never to Trust Our Neighbor again.
We learned, Never to Put Our Guard Down.
High Altitude Warfare
Earned Global Respect

Pakistan - Lost Undisclosed Number of Soldiers
Gained 3000 Sq Km for a Brief Period
Lost Diplomatic War
Lost Trust with US of A
Lost Democratically Elected Govt.
Gained another Chapter in History for Tactical Blunder....

If you Ever Get an opportunity to See Kargil Peaks - You will say- The Challenges we faced.

Salute to the Human Spirit of Human Endurance. Jai Hind

I realy like the attitude of my fellow countrymen who are real heros and have not forgotten to use their brains during adverse times and defeated the enemy with limited resources.I salute them all.Human brain is the most powerful weapon and in tough times if instead of worrying about things that we dont have ,we pause for a while and think out of the box we can succeed easily.This i think most of us have experienced in out lives.
Indian-flag.jpg

not true

we cant. but we should promote this technique as a good problem management tool

who knows, it may become very reputed worldwide just like post WW2 era Japanese management techniques :)

LOL, What is "Jugaad"?
Nothing but "innovative thinking" or to use contemporary parlance 'out of the box' thinking.
How does one patent or promote that? All of Mankind has been doing that since Man found the ability to think. In India; or in the sub-continent, it is driven by things like cost factors or limited options and things like that. So the incentives are greater; that is all.

In the late 1980s; working with Swedish organisation, I and some colleagues used "jugaad" tactics to refurbish critical equipment that the Swedes had given up on. Simply because they were 'spoilt for choice' and 'use and throw' came easily to their mind-set. Our work came to the notice of our Swedish VP because we avoided major "down-time" with consequent commercial penaties and operated within a meager budget. Later that Exec and I travelled once to India and Kolkata for some work. At Dum Dum, I (deliberately) selected a 'yellow and black' taxi which had so much primer on it so as to seem devoid of either yellow or black. The car was a rattling Ambassador driven by a Sardarji with his lungi hiked above his knees, the brakes worked sporadically so Sardarji did not hesitate to work the hand-brake often. The Horn was actuated by the end of a naked wire touched to the steering column. A good bit of the journey to Chowringhee was undertaken by driving over parts of the sidewalk to bypass grid-locked traffic. My friend will never forget his exposure to "Jugaad".

So "Jugaad" can be made to work in different ways and at different levels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom