What's new

Karachi Violence .. Updates & Discussion ..

It is called love and respect from them towards their leader. Correct your knowledge, during mush era, police was never under control of MQM, this is what Mustafa Kamal used to complaint during his era that police should be under control of Nazim.

Amazing !! denial at its best. Yes, the governor of Sindh has no power either.. right? All MQM'ers will never accept accountability but when it comes to counting good things that others started they would be the first in line to do so... how about inflation control? Shouldn't Shoaib Bukhari be held accountable? After all he has been the minister for Supply & Price control for many years now .. or that too is not MQM's fault?

This is how jamatis misuse the facts. Can you please post the amounts of those receipts? The idea basically came from the flat systems / societies where you have to pay 'maintenance charges' every month.

On parchi - I myself was almost mugged by these MQM goondas near impress market - when they told me .. tumhara naam ki parchi nikli hai .. 25K ki .. ofcourse I know this poison too well and one phonecall and they were begging for forgiveness .. this is why these sector in charge are so powerful .. amazing that you say the idea came from flat systems etc .. it doesn't matter where this idea came from and how proud you are of this .. fact is that this is WRONG .. these people should be shot !

This even happens in lahore, in my mamoo's area, when gutter is choked, 50 rs are collected from every house and the person having some say in area collects the money, as no one pays gladly.

wow - please tell me which MQM worker would go down the gutter for Rs 50 ... or even Rs 500 .. I don't mind giving out Rs 500 for Mustafa KAmal to go down the gutter and Rs 5000 for Farooq Sattar and Rs 50 000 for Altaf ... let me know how to make this payment .. I will top up another Rs 50,000 if you let me telecast this event live ..

Further your theory of bhatta dies here, as u consider them as dumb that they will give 'receipts' for bhatta. Bhatta is what is being asked from businessmen 15crores daily. Get a life and get out of jamati's mentality.

This is in disguise of chanda etc .. I don't think you were able to comprehend the post from somebozo .. re-reading may help

Can you please name the area you are talking about? You always speak of your personal experiences. If you are talking about waseem akhtar, he is a businessman. Babur ghori has business of marriage lawns / catering. Why do you think that 'bhookay nangay log' will remain the same forever. Besides, mustafa kamal was living in rented house, mqm gifted him a house. Farooq sattar still lives in 240sq yards house.

how about Altaf's newphew getting married in Sheraton .. did you not attend the elaborate wedding? I did - and pics are also available on MQM website .. how did this middle class guy afford this? If you will tell me business .. please tell me the details

How about Rizvi's and khanzada's owning large agricultural lands in interior sindh? Where did they manage to buy this? also - please ask your sector incharge on providing financial details of maintaining 90 and london HQ ..

Or how about Ishrat Ibad's house that he purchased in Canada?

You want more .. yes let me help you out - and i will wait for your denial. This report below is based on submissions made to ECP i.e. very conservative figures .. still staggering for middle class - just shows how much they made thanks to Mushy !! and this is from MQM mouthpiece i.e. The News ....

The annual statements of assets and liabilities of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) MNAs show one member has business and assets abroad which he did not have in 2008, while a few have tripled their fortunes and some have lost wealth compared to 2008.

Going through statements, the MQM’s Khawaja Sohail Mansoor has shown assets worth Rs115,312,138 in Pakistan and $790,000 abroad. His liabilities abroad amount to $805,000 while he has taken Rs2,396,212 as advance rent. In 2008 he had assets worth Rs133,416,739 and liabilities worth Rs5,231,109 as advance rent. He did not mention anything about his foreign business and foreign assets in his 2008 statement.

Abdul Waseem has shown his assets at Rs9,145,000 with liabilities amounting to Rs239,091. He had Rs2,560,000 in 2008 with a loan amounting Rs318,000. He has tripled his wealth since 2008 according to his own statement.

Dr Abdul Kadir Khanzada has assets worth Rs12,130,000. In 2008 his statement filed with the ECP stated that he had assets worth Rs6,410,000. In 2010 he had almost doubled the wealth, according to his own handwritten statement filed with the Election Commission of Pakistan. Khush Bakht Shujaat owns property and assets worth Rs17,599,189 with a loan liability of Rs8,896,470 in 2010. In 2008 she had assets worth Rs5,976,500 with loans at Rs14,104,856. She too has tripled her fortune in the last three years. Farhat Mohammad Khan has assets worth Rs2,326,798 in Pakistan and $1,250,000 outside Pakistan. He had property and business worth Rs873,553 in the country and $1,450,000 abroad in 2008. Haider Abbas Rizvi has material goods worth Rs19,551,622 plus foreign assets worth $570,000. In 2008 he showed to the ECP that his assets were worth Rs1,047,7891. His own handwritten statements says he has almost doubled his fortune since 2008. SA Iqbal Qadri has Rs6,485,814 property in his name at present while in 2008 he had worth Rs4,746,137 fortune.

Sheikh Salah-ud-Din has declared that he has assets worth Rs10,326,188 while he owned Rs8,762,002 worth assets in 2008. Sufyan Yusuf has property worth Rs16,700,000 in his and his family’s name and had Rs34,330,000 assets in 2008. Nadeem Ehsan owns assets worth Rs4,640,000 in 2010 while in 2008 he had Rs3,333,000 fortune. Dr Muhammad Farooq Sattar has shown that he owns property worth Rs5,136,080 while previously he had Rs5,700,174 assets in 2008. Wasim Akhtar owns a property worth Rs91,630,000 in 2010 while previously in 2008 he had assets worth Rs84,142,503. Abdul Rashid Godil has assets worth Rs11,385,897 while he had filled the statement of his assets in 2008 which were worth Rs11,945,000. Dr Muhammad Ayub Sheikh has assets worth over Rs2,775,000 in 2010 while in 2008 he had Rs3,483,000 assets.

Syed Asif Hasnain has shown his assets worth Rs8,900,000 while previously he owned Rs6,250,000 fortune. Iqbal Muhammad Ali Khan has Rs3,350,000 material wealth this year while previously in 2008 he had Rs3,931,000 assets. Sajid Ahmad of the MQM owns Rs12,541,497 property which was worth Rs11,200,000 in 2008.

Syed Tayyab Hussain has worth Rs6,029,000 assets while in 2008 he had Rs5,797,500 assets with no car. Salah-ud-Din has fortune worth Rs3,700,000. For the year 2008 he had over Rs3 million worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
read the last post , his source is roznama ummat lol .. the jamat e islami daily speacil

I caught him long back that he is JI champ. He said no family family members are Jamatis, but i am not :rofl:

I dont know whether number plates are issued to jamatis to recongize them. They are easily caught from what they say / speak.

8-21-2011_153465_1.gif

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

8-21-2011_153464_1.gif

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

8-21-2011_153461_1.gif

Where is the FCuking Army why they dont come and kill all those baterds.All those who are killing these innocents.

O ALLAH we are nothing you destroy all those who are killing yr People.

It's baffling that Pakistan has surveillance Drones at it's disposal, which can orbit over Karachi for hours, locate and pinpoint the designated hot beds for the law enforcement agencies...... Israelis do this over Palestinian territories.
But for some unforeseen reason, this facility/advantage is not being utilised.

best suggestion ever. either no one has thought about it or since we all know gov't is involved in this violence they want to do as little to bring peace.

Where is the FCuking Army why they dont come and kill all those baterds.All those who are killing these innocents.

:cry::cry::cry:

unbelievable. itna zulm. zulm ki inteha ho gaye hai. inn muzlumon kay dilon say jo bad-duwain nikal rahi hongi in leaders kay liya........ Allah hi insaf kernay wala hai, iss ramzan k month mein inn zalmon nay logon ko khon kay ansoo rula diya hai.

There would be more than just parroting out statements.

If influx of oppressed people of sindh begins to happen in Indian territoy India will be forced to act.

Try it we will make thar desert graveyard of indian fools, i'm Karachiti(urdu speaker) but first i'm PAKISTANI, whatever happening in our area is our internal matter & don't act as if your india is some power, maybe india is power for other small countries like Srilanka,Bangladesh,Nepal,Bhutan but not Pakistan, Pakistan itself is a regional power.

In the end let me tell you Pakistan is our mother & we all are sons & daughter of this mother, yes we have little difference among ourselves but for any outsider we Pakistanis are one.

Nobody can do anything to help innocent civilians whose massacre is being orchestrated at the highest level by the two sordid vultures, one is sitting in London and the other in the President House. Kill that human living inside you otherwise you will go mad.

8-21-2011_153475_1.gif

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

8-21-2011_153474_1.gif

I hope someone kills altaf hussain and then does an operation in karachi... (hint: ISI, u sleepin or still busy lickin american boots for aid in return for afghan war??? we need u in khi....)

Hand over Karachi to the Army Now!
Posted on August 20, 2011

By Saeed Qureshi
Exclusive Article

The law and order situation and social peace, which was already precarious in Karachi, now with the target killing of GEO reporter Wali Khan Babar, has reached a saturation point. In addition to this deliberate brutal murder, several other citizens were also murdered today. The lives of these slain citizens are as precious as those of the prime minister and president of Pakistan

The GEO’s Ace and promising youthful reporter was known for his valor, deep dedication and passion for journalistic profession and hard work. He was merely 28 and was yet to see many springs in his life. His life was cut short by death squads rampaging and targeting the opponents and all and sundry at their own bidding without check.

A volatile province whose interior minister has the audacity to publically claim that “we are creating all this mayhem” and still remains in the high office because he is a close friend of the head of the state of Pakistan. It is a brazen slap on the face of the civil society. How can he be serious about maintaining peace and curb proliferating lawlessness when he claims to be one of those shooting at random?

The government in power, like other burning issues, has kept this most pressing and endemic issue of restoring order and peace in Karachi on the back burner. It has been stalling to seize this overly critical problem because its own stalwarts are part of the gang wars now spreading like a prairie fire. It is easy to issue condolence messages on the spur of the moment and forget the follow up actions when the heat and inflamed passions settle down.

The restoration of societal peace in Karachi is of paramount importance for its being the largest city and also the lifeline and jugular vein for the economy of the entire country. If its economy is choked and business activities, industries and port are either closed or run by fits and starts, then Pakistan is heading towards a total economic collapse.

The government is reluctant to hand over the task of restoring peace in Karachi to the army under the fear that it would pave way for the army’s take over. It would also be perceived as the government’s failure to provide safety and security to the life and property and other activities to the people of Pakistan. This is pure treachery and reprehensible self interest and a sordid bid for survival in power at an unforgivable cost of the unremitting orgy of blood of the citizens of Pakistan.

Even a child knows that Karachi has become a battlefield of the ethnic war being fought between three distinct communities, Muhajirs, the Pathans and the other fringe segments such as Punjabis, Baluchis and radical religious militants. The immigrants whose majority is illegal play their part by stoking the violence as paid agents. However, the main confrontation is between the Muhajirs and Pathans.

Muhajirs came to Pakistan after partition of India in 1947and mostly settled in Karachi. The Pathans mostly economic workers came to Karachi for jobs and to earn a living. Initially they were peaceful. But later as a result of the Afghan civil war, the suburban localities where these Pushto speaking normally lived turned into flourishing markets for drug and weapons trade both for domestic consumption and illicit export.

The influential drug dealers started settling down in down town Karachi by buying businesses and property. They were joined by a huge influx of the Afghan refugees who also engaged in lucrative legal and illegal pursuits for making money.

For drug dealers and weapon sellers, human life has no significance. The tragedy is that these monstrous elemens are backed and protected by politicians, bureaucrats and highly influential persons from other walks of life as they also get hefty shares from these unlawful and contraband businesses.

The Muhajirs initially swallowed this bizarre situation but when it started threatening and undermining their survival and ethnic solidarity they came out to stand up and face them in a tit for tat violent style. In due course they also organised and mobilized their own cadres to fight back and settle the scores for blood with blood. Both the communities have been engaged in attacks and counterattacks since 1984 when Altaf Hussain established the Muhajir Qaumi Movement later renamed as Muttahida Qaumi Movement.

The MQM has been accused of kidnapping and killing for ransom, target shooting and ambushing and torturing the dissidents from their own party. But usually the MQM’s such activities can be treated as retaliation or reprisals to the atrocities its cadres are subjected to. There are common accusations against the MQM for taking Bhatta (extortion money) from the shopkeepers.

Before an open civil war breaks out, the government should move fast to hand over the task of restoring peace in Karachi to the army. The rangers and the police have failed in rooting out the crime and violence from Karachi. Invariably the action by the law enforcement agencies is to cordon the areas after the incidence of crime and then leave after some time.

If the criminals, terrorists and sharp shooters are being aided by the politicians then it would be ridiculous and futile to expect of them to sincerely put out the flames of ethnic wars and stamp out deadly feuding.

The army has been neutral, has the light and heavy weapons, the training and organizational structure to effectively launch anti-crime blitz. It has the capability to clear the Karachi metropolis from the thugs, killers, mercenaries, the illegal immigrants, the warring gangs, the drug and weapon mafia, the sectarian terrorists and similar enemies of peace and for that matter of Pakistan.

The army knows how to deal with such a volatile situation. However, just by way of a feeler, it should impose a curfew with breaks, for a limited period of time (say two months) and set up military courts for speedy trials. The citizens should be encouraged to send their anonymous reports about the whereabouts and names of the criminals in their areas.

This strategy would equip the army with most of the data about saboteurs, outlaws, bandits and rogue elements making easy their job of purging Karachi of these anti social elements and enemies of public peace.

While the known criminals with incontrovertible evidence can be dealt with by summary trials and face firing squads, those caught as suspects can be kept in custody, interrogated and if proven guilty should be given heavy jail terms or shot depending upon the nature and severity of the crimes. In this military action, no politicians and powerful individuals who incite and abet these criminals should be spared. They should also be given death sentences or incarcerated for their complicity

In the meantime, the government should convene all parties’ conference to hammer out a permanent solution to establish durable peace and order in Karachi particularly and elsewhere generally where, violence and terrorism is rampant and mushrooming by leaps and bounds without any let up.

If the government remained wedded to the merely churning out formal statements to crack down on the outlaws but does nothing on the ground, then barring recipients of perks and privileges, high profile jobs and wanton opportunities to enrich themselves, it would lose whatever trust or confidence the people repose in it.

Note:
In the wake of escalating lawlessness and soaring gang wars for sinister motives in Karachi, the government and its law order agencies seem to be either unmindful or crippled .The target killings before the eyes of the karachiites, Pakistan and the entire world is surging unabated.

I have written the above article in the aftermath of the murder most foul of the GEO’s intrepid report Wali Khan Babar in broad day light. The situation since then did not mark any respite and instead is aggravating. I am reproducing the article with renewed appeal to the government to call regular army in the strife torn areas of Karachi.

Now the social and business circles too have demanded the deployment of army in the largest city of Pakistan to quell the sinews of a mini simmering civil war.

Saeed Qureshi, Editor Diplomatic Times

The writer is a senior journalist and a former diplomat based in Dallas, Texas.

8-21-2011_153481_1.gif

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

PPP, MQM agree to zero-tolerance against miscreants

Governor-meeting-543.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) have agreed to adopt zero-tolerance policy so as to take indiscriminate action against criminal elements for establishment of peace in Karachi.

This was observed in a meeting held at Sindh Governor House here Sunday, said a statement issued by the Governor House.

Separately, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said that Army can be deployed in Karachi on request of Sindh Government.

However Gilani emphasised that army action is not the solution to the problem.

The meeting between PPP and MQM also discussed problems of the business community and decided to take effective measures for providing protection to the community.

The statement said that a delegation of the MQM comprising Raza Haroon, Baber Ghauri, Adil Siddiqi and Dr. Sagheer Ahmed met with Sindh Chief Minister, Syed Qaim Ali Shah at the Governor House.

Sindh Governor, Dr. Ishrat-ul-Ebad Khan, Sindh Home Minister, Manzoor Hussain Wassan, Sindh Local Government Minister, Agha Siraj Durrani and Sindh Law Minister, Muhammad Ayaz Soomro were also present in the meeting.

Members of the MQM delegation apprised the meeting about law and order in the city and recent incidents of violence in Karachi.

The meeting strongly condemned the killings of innocent people in violent incidents in the city.

The MQM delegation called for immediate arrest of the culprits involved in killings of innocent people.

It also condemned the attack on a bus of elite force at Chakra Goth, Korangi and called for action against the culprits involved in it.

The meeting was informed that the heirs of victims killed in violence during the month of Ramazan-ul-Mubarak would be compensated in accordance with the directives of the President.

The bereaved families of the victims who had been killed earlier, would also be provided relief which the government had already announced, the participants of the meeting were apprised.

The MQM delegation members said their party believes in politics of peace and would continue to cooperate in this regard.

Its a gang war...let them kill each other........just a matter of time...

Its a gang war...let them kill each other........just a matter of time...

they are kidnapping innocent civilians , cuts their whole body & dumping them ... these innocent civilians have nothing to do with politics ... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom