What's new

K8 Karakoram

I think yahya has a goodpoint about K-8 being successful in the export market we could atleast offer this kind of modifications to countries like macedonia or gabon which cannot afford quality jet fighters.

Anyone know whether K-8 is equipped with ejection seats?
just saw the T37 crash news, very sad.

I did hear K-8 is a very easy to control airplane, has very good flying dynamics.

Last edited:
Yahya its a pretty childish thing to say that we can upgarde it and use it in ground support its main job is to train pilots you just cant upgrade any plain and use it as a fighter jet we have dedicated ground support miargesV's with ROSE I/II upgrade for ground support purposes and thats it.....

For those who don't know K-8 it can be modified within a couple of min as a fighter.
And someone said do kamra make Mirages No we dont we overall them.
Best of the Best this is the last time I am putting this on the forum please look into it. This might give you some more details of what K-8 is capable of.
And if we all try for once to locate a topic I am sure it is already discussed you just have to find it or ask.;)
Thank you.

6de5cbc20c33fb21234aecc713e63cd0.jpg

245bb9cffb6e06aa8a22e609d19febc5.jpg

c2d7a6baa28dd97d3ca2be7d31c8abe4.jpg

Anyone know whether K-8 is equipped with ejection seats?
just aw the T37 crash news, very sad.

I did hear K-8 is a very easy to control airplane, has very good flying dynamics.

Look at the above Diagram no #13. That's your answer.

Thank you! But that diagram shows K-8 has TY-7 ejection seat which I believe are chinese made, while I just read from somewhere that pakistan K-8 are equipped with martin baker ejection seats (which are VERY expensive).

BTW: anyone know how good the chinese ejection seats are? are they 0/0 seats?

Look at the above Diagram no #13. That's your answer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be a good idea if we make one low cost light fighter for interceptor purposes, but it has to be advanced with better radar and avionics. It doesn't have to be all big, it can be similar to K-8, with more A-to-A missiles, and it doesn't have to have an ability to take on ground forces, it can just act as an interceptor in air firing A-to-A missiles.

It must be cheap so they can be acquired in more numbers. If A-to-A platform wont work then one can make A-to-G platform than can help ally ground forces in the battles, but as best mentioned that we dont need an A-to-G platform because we already have Mirages for it.

But i think it would be a good strategy to have cheap aircrafts for ground support purposes and they must be in good numbers. What do you guys have to say? Is it just a simple dream or its strategy will work certainly.

i totally agree with u webby a-5's are being phased our who knows i know they can carry nukes but we need a aircraft for ground support!!

When PAF started K-8 project with it was meant to replace T-37s and FT-5s,but with later on K-8 was inducted as Advanced Jet-trainer for final batch students.

I'll post some unseen pictures of K-8 pioneering team and prototypes soon.

When PAF started K-8 project with it was meant to replace T-37s and FT-5s,but with later on K-8 was inducted as Advanced Jet-trainer for final batch students.

T-37s and FT-5s have served well and lived their age…Both birds will ultimately be replaced by K-8 in a gradual process over the years both at Academy and Mianwali…

Right now we have around 30 T-37s and 40 FT-5s…..PAF will continue to operate them until 2015, while gradually shifting to K-8s.

Till now we have received 28 K-8s with 10 more arriving somewhere this year to make a total of 38…PAF will order more as and when required...

while I just read from somewhere that pakistan K-8 are equipped with martin baker ejection seats (which are VERY expensive).

BTW: anyone know how good the chinese ejection seats are? are they 0/0 seats?

All K-8s have Martin Baker seats that were installed in house….I know they are expensive but not more than the guys sitting on them….

All PAFs Chinese fighters / Trainers i.e. F-6s, F-7s , A-5s and K-8 have Martin Baker escape system except FT-5s that still have original Chinese seats…These seats are not 0/0…Many studies were carried out to install MB on FT-5s but there were too many cockpit and airframe restrictions that hindered the installation of MB, also there wasn’t any suitable MB seat that would fit in both front and rear cockpits so the decision was made to continue with the Chinese seats…

sigatoka,

I guess your right about that Pakistan doesn't need such light aircrafts. Pakistan now can actually use F-7s to act as interceptors and support ground forces, and they have proven it in the recently biggest excersice conducted by PAF, Highmark.

I have seen videos of it, they were using their machine guns very effectively and targetting the ground targets like nothing. They were almost stopped in the air when they were using their machine guns. LMAO. I believe Pakistan has around 150-200 of them, and also has ability to make more at home as we have seen in the pictures of Kamra PAC.

That is a very interesting point you've made there, our fleet of F7s which will be replaced by the JF17, can then be used as light aircrafts to support ground forces, that is actually a very good idea, I think Pakistani military thinktanks have thought of this for sure, perhaps a role is in thoughts for these very effective fighters.
I hope what you say will be made more clear in the near future, these birds have served us very well, their work is far from over yet.
Perhaps Pakistan should export a few of them to other countries.

sigatoka,

I guess your right about that Pakistan doesn't need such light aircrafts. Pakistan now can actually use F-7s to act as interceptors and support ground forces, and they have proven it in the recently biggest excersice conducted by PAF, Highmark.

I have seen videos of it, they were using their machine guns very effectively and targetting the ground targets like nothing. They were almost stopped in the air when they were using their machine guns. LMAO. I believe Pakistan has around 150-200 of them, and also has ability to make more at home as we have seen in the pictures of Kamra PAC.

Pakistan does not make F-7's. It only rebuilds them.

i totally agree with u webby a-5's are being phased our who knows i know they can carry nukes but we need a aircraft for ground support!!

26 sqn which flies A-5s will be re-equipped with JF-17s which will be dedicated for ground support. so we do have FGA types in PAF inventory.

Eight jet trainers inducted into PAF

Saturday, January 17, 2009
KARACHI: Eight Karakoram-8P basic/advanced jet trainers have been inducted into the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

The aircraft were handed over to the PAF by the People’s Republic of China at an impressive ceremony at one of the PAF bases.

The deputy chief of air staff (Operations) was the chief guest on the occasion, who accepted these aircraft on behalf of the chief of the air staff from a Chinese delegation.

Besides JF-17 Thunder, K-8P aircraft, jointly developed by Pakistan and China, is a sign of Pak-China friendship which has stood the test of time and grown stronger.

K-8P Aircraft is an advanced jet trainer already being used at the PAF Academy Risalpur for basic and advance jet aircraft flying training for PAF fighter pilots. K-8P Aircraft since its induction at the PAF Academy Risalpur has not only enhanced the basic jet training of the PAF pilots but has also provided a potent platform for their smooth transition to more challenging fourth generation fighter aircraft in the PAF inventory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom