What's new

Jordanian Armed Forces JAF

Nice pics... but kindly label their names as well... nd is tht apc indigenous >?its name n specs ... thnks in advance.

Brother Pakistani Nationalist . . thats what i am trying to do . . but i dont know whats wrong . . . why the post take only the pictures without the texts? . . help if you can

20100512093103862150929.jpg

Jordanian Artillery Systems:

SP M-109 A2 (155mm)=220
SP M-110 A2 (203mm)=136
SP M44 (155mm)=20
SP MOBAT (105mm)=18
M-102 A1 (155mm)=50
M-114 (155mm)=30
M-115 (203mm)=25
M-59 (155mm)=10

m109.jpg

m110r.jpg

mobat1.jpg

mobat.jpg

Last edited:
sofex2006specialforceso.jpg

Can you kindly tell me what this vehicle is called and it's country of origin ?

sofex2006specialforceso.jpg

Can you kindly tell me what this vehicle is called and it's country of origin ?

Dear Kakgeta:

The Desert Iris light utility vehicle was developed by the King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) to meet operational requirements of the Jordanian Armed Forces for a light and cost-effective non-armored utility vehicle. Initially it was intended for airborne and rapid deployment forces.

It is currently in service with Jordanian Armed Forces and is usually used in patrol role. A contract was signed for 199 Desert Iris vehicles. It was also exported to Bahrain, Libya, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.

The Desert Iris is based on Toyota Hilux automotive components to reduce development, production and maintenance costs. Vehicle is powered by Toyota 2.8-liter diesel engine, developing 88 hp. The Desert Iris is claimed to have excellent cross-country performance and handling.

The Desert Iris is equipped for carrying passengers or weapons. It is fitted with a weapons tray for various applications. It can carry 7.62-mm or 12.7-mm machine guns, TOW launcher, multiple rocket launcher, or other weapons. Weapons can be easily removed or reconfigured depending on the mission requirements.

Vehicle can tow light trailers or artillery pieces, such as mortars.

Source:Military-Today

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

thanks for sharing :tup:

You Wellcome . . Frankenstein:wave:

Thx for the pictures Nishan and BB...........

Nishan Brother,

nice Pictures Thanks for sharing !

I hope T-129 joining JAF in near Future and replace all aeging Cobras.

t129.jpg

T129_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the desert Iris also have a civilian version ? Or is it strictly military ?

Back
Top Bottom