What's new

Jordan buys 60 German SPAAG surplus

Those are new and not used.
Ans the Aselsan system is old and used?

And nothing is the same like Aselsans version ,it had 2 Cannons and it´s tracked and it has too like all others 2 Vehicles,who all need.
2 single 'old style' 35mm versus the Myriad single advanced gun (just rubbin' it in, I have faith in both systems)
Note the version on the German Puma tracked vehicle.

Oour Version is finished ,but i don´t see that Mobile Versions like on the Boxer are not finished.
And as I said ' might be coming along' .... besides the other mobile systems, that is. Pic is from Eurosatory 2008 by the way... you think 5 years nothing was done?
http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/Eurosat08.htm

Does it takes long time to find this ?
No, about 3 minutes worth of googling images with the right key words :yay: Why, what are your suggesting?

Personally, I favor:

Otomatic
otomatic.jpg

Draco
draco.jpg

Match that with capabilities of Strales 76mm naval gun .... sweet!

strales_76mm.jpg

@Penguin

Turkish Version is Gepard + Skyshield.

Personally my Favor :

kingtiger.jpg

It´s an AA Gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Penguin

Turkish Version is Gepard + Skyshield.

Personally my Favor :

kingtiger.jpg

It´s an AA Gun.

The KwK 43 L/71 was an 8.8 cm calibre tank gun designed by Krupp and used by the German Wehrmacht, during the Second World War. It was the primary armament of the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II. At 6.24 m the barrel of the KwK 43 was over 1.3 meters longer than that of the 8.8 cm KwK L/56 used for the Tiger I. The anti-tank gun version of this weapon was known as the PaK 43. The Pak 43 (Panzerabwehrkanone 43) was a German 88 mm anti-tank gun developed by Krupp in competition with the Rheinmetall 8.8 cm Flak 41 anti-aircraft gun and used during the Second World War.

The 88 mm gun (eighty-eight) was a German anti-aircraft and anti-tank artillery gun from World War II.The name applies to a series of guns, the first one officially called the 8,8 cm Flak 18, the improved 8,8 cm Flak 36, and later the 8,8 cm Flak 37. The versatile carriage allowed the eighty-eight to be fired in a limited anti-tank mode when still on wheels,[2] and to be completely emplaced in only two-and-a-half minutes. Its successful use as an improvised anti-tank gun led to the development of a tank gun based upon it. These related guns served as the main armament of tanks such as the Tiger I: the 8.8 cm KwK 36.

In addition to these Krupp designs, Rheinmetall later created a more powerful anti-aircraft gun, the 8,8 cm Flak 41, which was produced in relatively small numbers. Krupp responded with another prototype of the long-barreled 88 mm gun, which was further developed into the anti-tank and tank destroyer 8.8 cm Pak 43 gun used for the Elefant and Jagdpanther, and turret-mounted 8.8 cm KwK 43 heavy tank gun of the Tiger II.

At the time Rheinmetall developed Flak 41, Krupp's tried to compete with their 8.8 cm Gerät 42 proposal, but it was not accepted for production as an anti-aircraft gun. Krupp continued development, resulting in the dreaded 8.8 cm Pak 43 anti-tank gun and 8.8 cm KwK 43 tank gun. The standard armament of the Tiger II, the KwK 43 tank gun, was essentially the Pak 43 externally modified to fit into a turret.

88×571R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Flak 18/36/37 and 8.8 cm KwK 36
88×855R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Flak 41
88×822R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Gerät 42 (defunct FLAK design: never entered service), 8.8 cm Pak 43 and 8.8 cm KwK 43

Actually NOT a AA gun therefor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The KwK 43 L/71 was an 8.8 cm calibre tank gun designed by Krupp and used by the German Wehrmacht, during the Second World War. It was the primary armament of the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II. At 6.24 m the barrel of the KwK 43 was over 1.3 meters longer than that of the 8.8 cm KwK L/56 used for the Tiger I. The anti-tank gun version of this weapon was known as the PaK 43. The Pak 43 (Panzerabwehrkanone 43) was a German 88 mm anti-tank gun developed by Krupp in competition with the Rheinmetall 8.8 cm Flak 41 anti-aircraft gun and used during the Second World War.

The 88 mm gun (eighty-eight) was a German anti-aircraft and anti-tank artillery gun from World War II.The name applies to a series of guns, the first one officially called the 8,8 cm Flak 18, the improved 8,8 cm Flak 36, and later the 8,8 cm Flak 37. The versatile carriage allowed the eighty-eight to be fired in a limited anti-tank mode when still on wheels,[2] and to be completely emplaced in only two-and-a-half minutes. Its successful use as an improvised anti-tank gun led to the development of a tank gun based upon it. These related guns served as the main armament of tanks such as the Tiger I: the 8.8 cm KwK 36.

In addition to these Krupp designs, Rheinmetall later created a more powerful anti-aircraft gun, the 8,8 cm Flak 41, which was produced in relatively small numbers. Krupp responded with another prototype of the long-barreled 88 mm gun, which was further developed into the anti-tank and tank destroyer 8.8 cm Pak 43 gun used for the Elefant and Jagdpanther, and turret-mounted 8.8 cm KwK 43 heavy tank gun of the Tiger II.

At the time Rheinmetall developed Flak 41, Krupp's tried to compete with their 8.8 cm Gerät 42 proposal, but it was not accepted for production as an anti-aircraft gun. Krupp continued development, resulting in the dreaded 8.8 cm Pak 43 anti-tank gun and 8.8 cm KwK 43 tank gun. The standard armament of the Tiger II, the KwK 43 tank gun, was essentially the Pak 43 externally modified to fit into a turret.

88×571R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Flak 18/36/37 and 8.8 cm KwK 36
88×855R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Flak 41
88×822R mm cartridge: 8.8 cm Gerät 42 (defunct FLAK design: never entered service), 8.8 cm Pak 43 and 8.8 cm KwK 43

Actually NOT a AA gun therefor.

AA ,read in German and Not English stupid Holländer.

AA ,read in German and Not English stupid Holländer.

Revealing your true self? Weak, to resort to namecalling ....
Dort verrät sich dein wahres Selbst. Sehr schwach, wenn mann auf schimpfen zurück muss greifen ....

Revealing your true self? Weak, to resort to namecalling ....
Dort verrät sich dein wahres Selbst. Sehr schwach, wenn mann auf schimpfen zurück muss greifen ....

Soll das "Deutsch" sein ?

Da musst du noch sehr viel an der "Grammatik" pfeilen.

Soll das "Deutsch" sein ?

Da musst du noch sehr viel an der "Grammatik" pfeilen.

I don't need to speak or write German on a regular basis, and - unlike you - I'm not fresh out of high school,... so what? How does that reflect on my reading ability? You were still resorting to namecalling rather than responding substantively and you are now shifting the topic to whether or not I am fluent in German. Meanwhile, speaking of language mastery, how's your Dutch? Or French? Or Portugese? Or Suid Afrikaans? What is your problem any way? Can't stand someone posting in 'your' thread? Grow up, will ya.

Ursprünglich war die Waffe eine Konkurrenzentwicklung von Krupp zur später als 8,8-cm-Flak 41 bekannt gewordenen Flugabwehrkanone von Rheinmetall-Borsig, allerdings erhielt diese erste Ausarbeitung keine Zustimmung. Erst nach einer Überarbeitung der Pläne wurde der modifizierte Entwurf vom Heereswaffenamt als Panzerabwehrwaffe akzeptiert und in Produktion gegeben.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/8,8-cm-PaK_43

And = ? This will change nothing ? How much you know about WW 2 ? pls stop post from Wikipedia.

And... as with the English tekst, it shows the gun was never put into production as FLAK. Only as PAK and KwK. And it has a different round, ocmpared to the well known 88 FLAK. Meanwhile, I will use Wiki as and when I please. Also, for someone less than half my age, it is probably not a good idea to be attempting to lecture me about WW2. My parents were in it, for example, were yours?

tankgervsuk.jpg

88mm FLAK 18/36/37 (using the 88×571R mm cartridge)

88mm-flak-18-36-37-german.jpg

The Prototype 88s were first produced in 1928. The early models were the Flak 18 and they used a single piece barrel with a length of 56 calibres, leading to the most commonly seen designation of L/56. The Flak 18 was mounted on a cruciform gun carriage.A simple to operate semi-automatic loading system ejected fired shells, allowing it to be reloaded by simply inserting a new shell into a tray. The gun would then fire, recoil, and, during the return stroke, the empty casing would be thrown backward by levers, and a cam would engage and recock the gun. This resulted in firing rates of 15 to 20 rounds a minute, better than similar weapons of the era.

Series production started with the Nazi rise to power in 1933, and the Flak 18 was available in small numbers when Germany intervened in the Spanish Civil War. It quickly proved to be the best anti aircraft weapon then available, and the high muzzle velocity and large calibre made it an excellent long range anti-vehicle type of weapon. This experience also demonstrated a number of minor problems and potential improvement opportunities. Many of these were incorporated into the Flak 36, which had a two-piece barrel for easier replacement of worn liners. Its new, heavier, carriage allowed it to fire while in an emergency mode when still on wheels and without grounding outriggers, but with only a very limited traverse and elevation. Flak 36s were often fitted with an armoured shield that provided limited protection for the gunners.

The later Flak 37, included updated instrumentation to allow the gunlayers to follow directions from the single director more easily. The parts of the various versions of the guns were interchangeable, and it was not uncommon for various parts to be "mixed and matched" on a particular example.

8.8cm FLAK 41 (using the 88×855R mm cartridge)

flak_41_1_161.jpg

Due to the problems of defending against attack by high flying aircraft the Luftwaffe asked for newer weapons with even better performance from as early as 1939. Rheinmetall responded with a new 88 mm L/71 design with a longer cartridge, the 8.8 cm Flak 41, with a prototype ready in 1941.It featured a lower silhouette on its turntable mounting than did the 8.8-cm Flak 18/36/37 on its pedestal mounting. Two types of gun barrel were used, with three or four sections. Improvements in reloading raised the firing rate, with 20 to 25 rounds a minute being often quoted.

8.8cm Pak 43 and Pak 43/41 (using the 88×822R mm cartridge)
safe_image.php

At the time Rheinmetall developed the Flak 41, Krupp's tried to compete with their 8.8 cm Gerät 42 proposal, but it was not accepted for production as an FLAK gun. Krupp continued development, resulting in the dreaded 8.8 cm Pak 43 anti-tank gun and its sister the 8.8 cm KwK 43 tank gun. Pak 43 (abbreviation of Panzerabwehrkanone 43) used a new cruciform mount with the gun much closer to the ground, making it far easier to hide and therefore that much harder to hit with counter battery fire or tank gunfire. It was also provided with a much stronger and more angled armour shield to provide better protection. 8.8 cm Pak 43/41: Pak 43 gun mounted on single axle split-trail field gun carriage produced as a stop-gap measure due to scarcity of materials.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16118167@N04/6150264733/

Back
Top Bottom