What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Just out of curiosity , this Top cover on plane (glass cover) does it comes off when the Pilot Eject ?
Just was trying to imagine how the seat comes out the top cover might hit the pilot's shoulder
dyb5ty_wkaidiyz-jpg.459900

The Top opening Cannopy glass hmm is very lovely in Block 1 , 2
JF-17-Thunder-2.jpg

Hi,

It is a two step process---first the top cover blows up---then the rocket motor in the seat ignites and ejects the seat up and out.

The canopy doesn't separate or 'lift' before ejection on all aircraft. On some we have explosive strips around and across the canopy which shatter the glass. The shattered glass gets caught in the slipstream and is ejected out of the aircraft. It is then that the seat, with the pilot, is shot out of the cockpit safely guided on a rail. The pilot's shoulders are never in danger of being hit, the cockpit is designed as such. E.g on the F-35,

By the strip that we see in the middle of the JF-17's canopy, I'm guessing the canopy does not separate/lift and instead uses the shatter method. Along with the F-35 , the Gripen and the Rafale use this method as well.

JF-17-Thunder-2_zps8nrhemci.jpg
tilOhDv_zps1y96rnst.jpg

Does somebody here definitively know what process of ejection does the JF-17 follow?

Last edited:
The canopy doesn't separate or 'lift' before ejection on all aircraft. On some we have explosive strips around and across the canopy which shatter the glass. The shattered glass gets caught in the slipstream and is ejected out of the aircraft. It is then that the seat, with the pilot, is shot out of the cockpit safely guided on a rail. The pilot's shoulders are never in danger of being hit, the cockpit is designed as such. E.g on the F-35,

By the strip that we see in the middle of the JF-17's canopy, I'm guessing the canopy does not separate/lift and instead uses the shatter method. Along with the F-35 , the Gripen and the Rafale use this method as well.

JF-17-Thunder-2_zps8nrhemci.jpg
tilOhDv_zps1y96rnst.jpg

Does somebody here definitively know what process of ejection does the JF-17 follow?

Hi,

That is why---to cut it short---I wrote the top blows off---.

We have pictures here somewhere of det cords on the J10---J20 aircraft canopy or on sinodef forum---.

But thank you writing the answer in detail---.

i dont like its shape and it looks more like a Japanese cartoon product ....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom