What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

29342791_594390620908510_437537032932163584_n.jpg

I think total 3 b model funded part of initial dev program two for pac/paf and one for catac so another dual seater should also be joining soon they were part of block 2 program or DEV was completed in same timeframe
601 602 and 603 ?? These were also used to perhaps training and adjust production for future

I think the prototype will loose the pitot tube on the front of nose [emoji103] to something like on block 1 and 2 single seaters, MB seats unless Chinese has won this time around for next block

MB did provided offset to pac as seats are assembled or some part made locally per paf history need to go back and read it again which parts

Just out of curiosity , this Top cover on plane (glass cover) does it comes off when the Pilot Eject ?
Just was trying to imagine how the seat comes out the top cover might hit the pilot's shoulder
dyb5ty_wkaidiyz-jpg.459900

The Top opening Cannopy glass hmm is very lovely in Block 1 , 2
JF-17-Thunder-2.jpg

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity , this Top cover on plane (glass cover) does it comes off when the Pilot Eject ?
Just was trying to imagine how the seat comes out the top cover might hit the pilot's shoulder

JF-17-Thunder-2.jpg

Hi,

It is a two step process---first the top cover blows up---then the rocket motor in the seat ignites and ejects the seat up and out.

The extended nose pitot tube suggests testing continues

JF-17-Thunder-2.jpg
I wonder by they used single canopy; looks like page out of jl-9 for 17b that is.

I wonder by they used single canopy; looks like page out of jl-9 for 17b that is.

Looking at the b model and single seater even a smaller 500-800 liters lite Cft sitting on wing/intake/fuselage joint will enhance jf range and leave under wing pylon Available for war load

Taking internal fuel from 2330 kg to something like 2800-3000 kg

Not sure if block 3 has Cft being looked at as well ??

Typhoon Cft are 1000 liters each

I think it has more to do with removing complex parts and make it simple since dual seaters tend to take frame space so all new developments European are almost same in this regard ,By the way hate these hinges
images

promo249617073.jpg

Teja

upload_2018-3-19_15-5-38.jpeg

32795_resize_620_380_true_false_null.jpg

pilots-perform-preflight-checks-in-the-cockpit-of-a-spanish-air-force-d84w04.jpg

I think it has more to do with removing complex parts and make it simple since dual seaters tend to take frame space so all new developments European are almost same in this regard ,By the way hate these hinges

images

promo249617073.jpg

Teja

View attachment 460436

32795_resize_620_380_true_false_null.jpg

pilots-perform-preflight-checks-in-the-cockpit-of-a-spanish-air-force-d84w04.jpg
Yes, hinges looked ugly; the newer photos, either i cannot see them or they are painted over.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom