What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

jagm590.jpg

Matter of time

• New Engine , Performace and weight carrying (Block 3)
  • New AESA RADAR (Block 3)
  • Twin Seater (Block 3)
  • HELMET "HAWK SIGHT" (Block 3)
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Chinese advancement in Multi Missile racks (Block 4)
  • Fuel CFT for thunder - Extended range (Block 4)
  • New Missile (Block 4)

Block4 kit
skunkmodels32001reviewbg_1_fs.jpg

Last edited:
jagm590.jpg

Matter of time

• New Engine , Performace and weight carrying (Block 3)
  • New AESA RADAR (Block 3)
  • Twin Seater (Block 3)
  • HELMET "HAWK SIGHT" (Block 3)
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Chinese advancement in Multi Missile racks (Block 4)
  • Fuel CFT for thunder - Extended range (Block 4)
  • New Missile (Block 4)

Block4 kit
skunkmodels32001reviewbg_1_fs.jpg
Sir where did u get this?
Specially this block 4 kit?
Any thing confirmed or just your guess??

Sir where did u get this?
Specially this block 4 kit?
Any thing confirmed or just your guess??

Well this is from US inventory , however with advancement in Chinese Missile tech would not be suprised to see similar adaption in Pakistan JF17 Thunder down the line

The Rack itself is just a mere metalic contraption any one can make it , however the weight of missiles / and wing being able to hold certain amount safely and of course performance of engine makes the big difference

CFT should be no major problem as a external Kid upgrade could easly allow the CFT module to be wrapped around a secondary layer around the existing structure of Thunders, any decent company that deals with composites can make such a wrapper

I personally don't think Block 3 will be the last Upgrade , and we will indeed see a Block 4

wrapper.jpg

It is not hard to see how such a external "Wrapper Kit" cannot be simply wrapped around any existing Thunder or future Thunder arrival , it also has the CFT attachment contraption

It fits nicely as a glove on hand

Engineers would just need to drop this kit piece over the existing Thunder Body and then secure it in place

If proper light weight composites are used won't add much to weight of the craft and even then with new engine coming , the plane will already be capable of handling far far more weight then what it does now

Just see a minor upgrade on the fuel lines from CFT to the fuel unit kept in the Thunder should not be that much of effort for Mechanical Engineers during their refitting cycles (upgrade / service cycle)

Last edited:
Well this is from US inventory , however with advancement in Chinese Missile tech would not be suprised to see similar adaption in Pakistan JF17 Thunder down the line

The Rack itself is just a mere metalic contraption any one can make it , however the weight of missiles / and wing being able to hold certain amount safely and of course performance of engine makes the big difference

CFT should be no major problem as a external Kid upgrade could easly allow the CFT module to be wrapped around a secondary layer around the existing structure of Thunders, any decent company that deals with composites can make such a wrapper
Then y not CFT for block III??
With one hard point for drop tank leaving others for missiles.
Your thoughts?

As long as the unit is attached airtight etc there won't be great amout of reduction in performance of craft due to drag from wind/air , easily testable by wind tunnel test (For the new kit with CFT support)

Block 3 is being worked on as we speak , as per latest news and the Goals generally

• Duel Seat
  • Radar
  • Helmet Display
  • Engine (Possibly)
Would make sense to bring this after new engine

Last edited:
watch video from 3:28

After watching this video, i recall TTP's sucssesful attack on Kamra during Zardari's rule.
Everytime i think about the incident, i wonder... what sort of idiots were handeling the security of this establishment.

This was planned for blkII but Zardari and his team in PAF, successfully sabotaged all plans.

upload_2017-2-11_20-33-36.png

After watching this video, i recall TTP's sucssesful attack on Kamra during Zardari's rule.
Everytime i think about the incident, i wonder... what sort of idiots were handeling the security of this establishment.

This was planned for blkII but Zardari and his team in PAF, successfully sabotaged all plans.

View attachment 376324
Well seems unlikely even for block 3

Paf needs more investment in block 3 if it intends to just stick with f-16,jf-17 but as i said numerous times there are very limited funds for navy and air force once army takes it Chuck

India plans to induct 300+ 4th gen planes in next 10 years to counter this paf will need at least another 150 jets with total strength of at least 20 sq

Back
Top Bottom