What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

does pac have the presses, lathes, cnc machines and milling machines that are used to make the jf-17?
You should be more specific about the type of CNCs. Lathes and CNC machines are commonly used in industries across Pakistan.

I don't have pictures or videos but PAC does have all those machines. I have interned there many years ago and have seen them. Unfortunately, I only have my word.
Practised a lot on lathes and CNCs at Pofit.

more hard points under fuselage to increase total to 9 or not will be the golden questions
That too was discussed. As I said, MANY things that we have been discussing here on the forum are correct and we are likely to see most of them in BLKIII and if you go through the thread an extra hard point for a POD under the forward fuselage (around under cockpit area) is something that have been discussed to death. NOW READ BETWEEN THE LINES. :P :D

For the extra two hard points the guy I was with was not very forthcoming either. May be he didn’t knew about it himself of maybe he though he have already said too much. The only hint I got is that the authorities do recognize the fact that once the two under wing hard points are taken up by fuel tanks, the plane will lack serious lethal fire power and this problem is likely to be addressed. Now will this be done in form of B variant having extra hard point or the A variant having dual launch rails remains to be seen. Important thing is that this is a concern for PAC as well and something will be done to address it. What and When remains a question.

does pac have the presses, lathes, cnc machines and milling machines that are used to make the jf-17? if so can you guys post the pics.
Presses, Lathes and CNCs are all there. In fact these are quite basic machinery and they had these even at HMC where my father worked so it is no big deal. I am not sure if any pics are available but i can assure you of their presence. PAC is now making bulk of the structure and plane in-house and all the required machinery to do that have been installed.

That too was discussed. As I said, MANY things that we have been discussing here on the forum are correct and we are likely to see most of them in BLKIII and if you go through the thread an extra hard point for a POD under the forward fuselage (around under cockpit area) is something that have been discussed to death. NOW READ BETWEEN THE LINES. :P :D

For the extra two hard points the guy I was with was not very forthcoming either. May be he didn’t knew about it himself of maybe he though he have already said too much. The only hint I got is that the authorities do recognize the fact that once the two under wing hard points are taken up by fuel tanks, the plane will lack serious lethal fire power and this problem is likely to be addressed. Now will this be done in form of B variant having extra hard point or the A variant having dual launch rails remains to be seen. Important thing is that this is a concern for PAC as well and something will be done to address it. What and When remains a question.

ACM Tanveer Mehmood on record stated that we had plans to increase the number of weapon station from 7 to 9 since the beginning but till now no concrete results for obvious reason discussed at the forum .... so we should not raise are expectations

plz listen from 3:38 ...

ACM Tanveer Mehmood on record stated that we had plans to increase the number of weapon station from 7 to 9 since the beginning but till now no concrete results for obvious reason discussed at the forum .... so we should not raise are expectations

plz listen from 3:38 ...
True!! Things have been said, they have been discussed! However it is best to keep it at that unless something tangible happens.

Blk3 will have additional attachments under intake like j10

Again per some previous statement by af

Conformal fuel tanks will make a good answer, plus dual and quadruple racks.. because adding anymore hard points to the wings will involve some structural changes.. meaning design change..

True!! Things have been said, they have been discussed! However it is best to keep it at that unless something tangible happens.
Bigger platforms will enter the market eventually, the focus should - and will - be on making the JF-17 into a hi-tech platform, even as a lightweight fighter.

Ultimately, its goal is to help defend against whatever crosses the border, and for that range and payload may not be the main need, but good radars, avionics, EW/ECM and munitions.

Down the line (e.g. Block-IV), they can consider a higher composites count and new engine (e.g. WS-13E) to up the flight performance.

I just talked to my BHABI'S brother who is engineer at PAF. He says BLOCK III is still far away as of now they have only told China what they require secondly AESA most likely will be Chinese and and hardpoints will be 8.

@Arsalan

I just talked to my BHABI'S brother who is engineer at PAF. He says BLOCK III is still far away as of now they have only told China what they require secondly AESA most likely will be Chinese and and hardpoints will be 8.

@Arsalan
8 is fine i guess though, it means no structural changes. apart from aesa irst will be my next question

One the new Engine is integrated , JF17 can double its capacity to carry weapons but as we know we can may be fit 10-12 weapons (with special racks)

More powerful Engine = More power to lift off with more weight

More weight carrying ability means more missiles and bombs

Not that simple, a more powerful engine will consume more fuel, to add more fuel you'll need to make the jet bigger, the bigger jet + more fuel will need/consume more engine power and hence the load capacity would only increase marginally

One the new Engine is integrated , JF17 can double its capacity to carry weapons but as we know we can may be fit 10-12 weapons (with special racks)

More powerful Engine = More power to lift off with more weight

More weight carrying ability means more missiles and bombs

Sir G
it was recorded in 2007. What is the current scenario ?

Back
Top Bottom