What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

3-view-jf-17-jpg.375342

JF-17B concept...and Block-III is single seat version.

Recent rumors are suggesting that the variant Myanmar wishes to license-produce is the Block III configuration.

Recent rumors are suggesting that the variant Myanmar wishes to license-produce is the Block III configuration.

Myanmar may get Block-II assembly line and produce them locally, or
Myanmar may get Block-III produced in Pakistan.

Getting an assembly of block-IIIs is the least possible option.

In a defence budget of 2.4 billion, i doubt if even assembly is possible.

Myanmar also lacks an industrial base to assemble let alone actually produce under license.

Block III would be much more expensive.

They are assembling 50-60 K8 they bought (assembly vs local manufacturing two diff things), unless they order 50-60 it will be just getting in crates and assembling locally
any way if they are willing to pay extra for local setup then they can with time as it will take time to setup assembly line. Again there are if and buts but any thing is possible willing to pay extra $$ lots of it especially for low number

Just to give an update or sort of confirmation, i was with a PAF aeronautical engineer last evening and the word is that we are highly likely to see JF17 BLK III details some time in 2017.

BLK II will take shape and the specs for BLKIII will be unveiled so development work can start on that. The idea is to keep the production line running and a smooth transition from BLK II to BLK III once BLK II numbers are complete. In short, BLK III will be READY to roll out from production lines by the time BLK II production is done. About BLK III i wont quote him here however it is sufficient to say that most of the things that we have been saying and discussion here for BLK III are being looked at officially as well and are likely to be part of that block. :)
more hard points under fuselage to increase total to 9 or not will be the golden questions

more hard points under fuselage to increase total to 9 or not will be the golden questions

3-view-jf-17-jpg.375342

Looking at possible JF-17Bs deep strike and tactical toles, they should carry two fuel tanks all the time, which means they need additional two hard points to compensate for the lost stations. That still leaves 7 dedicated stations to carry weapons.

Image suggests there are 11 hard points in total, nine under the wings and two under the air-intakes which seem smaller and could be used for jamming and targeting pods.

Pakistan is not in business to setup private manufacturing lines we are in it for sales of planes per unit base and service contracts. Most airforces of world have need for set number of units per 10-20 year cycle

Focus is to develop sales and long term partnership between Airforces for defence needs

We have plane for sale only

Orders are placed
-> Manufactured in Pakistan / China
-> Delivered
-> Servicing contract after 3-4 years

Suggestions of certain other demands are nice to have but at present the focus is strictly on sales of Defence articles

Last edited:
@from Allen warner ::
PAF's Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman hosted the Senegal Air Force Chief today. I guess the JF-17 might have been on the agenda.

C4OCATnXAAAfn7Y.jpg

Does jf17 block 3 has DRFM and aesa jammer in its ew suite I am humbly submitting this question for a serious answer thanks

Back
Top Bottom