What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Dual seaters !!! Add dual seaters in the count as well plus more than 16 built as we saw 2p33 already but not part of delivery year I guess anyway who Cares, bean counting , move on
I think the contract for 50 blk2 only involved single seaters so dual seat should be separate or may include in blk3 contract. However i agree that the missing 4 may be in flight testing stage and yet to be handed over to PAF.

Last edited:
Do you think the knowledge gained from manufacturing JF17 was the main reason were able to repair the damaged Saab Aewc in-house?

can't comment about the specific program/achievement but yes we can say because of Thunder program our aeronautical industry has gain valuable knowledge & experience which is & will be helpful for our current & future needs ....

NO!, why would PAC need presses, lathes, and CNC machines? They have plenty of paint and brushes to make Thunders. Now please buzz off with your ignorance and stupidity.

Oh come on he is a nice guy just became victim of false propaganda .... beside its better to inquire at right time & at place from concerns rather to remain ignorant ...

Yes, we have a formal agreement with CATIC. Assemblies between compressor and burner core.
Is it for any specific reason and will PAF at some time in future take up these assemblies itself as well.
Regards
A

Needs a turbine D&D facility. You cannot part manufacture or reverse engineer sub-assemblies for HT turbines. Spend time & effort as chinese have or end up dependent overhauling engines.
Extra: This is eye witness assessment while i was located in Isl. There are 'officers embedded in civil bureaucracy' whose single minded mission was not to allow projects to go through involving 1- electricity generation 2-turbine development. It was an unstated but persistently followed policy during 90's and 10's, through several regimen, civilian or military. This is planned, not by chance. Not at all.
will PAF at some time in future take up these assemblies itself as well. Regards
A

Last edited:
Needs a turbine D&D facility. You cannot part manufacture or reverse engineer sub-assemblies for HT turbines. Spend time & effort as chinese have or end up dependent overhauling engines.
Extra: This is eye witness assessment while i was located in Isl. There are 'officers embedded in civil bureaucracy' whose single minded mission was not to allow projects to go through involving 1- electricity generation 2-turbine development. It was an unstated but persistently followed policy during 90's and 10's, through several regimen, civilian or military. This is planned, not by chance. Not at all.
this is ironic when iran next door is far ahead in turbine engineering and many more fields we despite being nuclear power lack those in house

Thank you for corroborating a gnawing suspicion I have had on this topic

@Blue Marlin plz read the excerpt of a news appeared in The News paper of Pakistan dated March 13, 2007
These two Thunders had arrived at Kamra on March 2. They were moved to Pakistan in a cargo plane as against usual procedure of flying home. These two aircrafts were assembled at Kamra.
links (1-https://www.thenews.com.pk/archive/print/46317-online-account-opening-form-introduced
2- web archive link: http://web.archive.org/web/20170205.../46317-online-account-opening-form-introduced)

it is the same case as I assumed previously
the pic you have posted must be of early JF-17 but I am more inclined to believe that its of the FIRST TWO which were came to PAKISTAN in FINAL ASSEMBLY KIT which these attached pic in your post are showing .....

Last edited:
will be a shame if block 3 doesn't evolve like gripen NG given lack of f-16 or any other plateform coming
i would want atleast 8-9 hard points 10-20 increase in range and an updated version of either rd-93 or ws -13.
an AESA& IRST is must

Back
Top Bottom