What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

lets hope engine service life doesn't go down any further, if i am not wrong its reduced to half already. next u looking for sunday to sunday engine life :cheesy: . which i dont think so would be the case as its not like RD33 to RD93 transition, alot has changed as per the info available. i am looking for decent thrust gain with either same service life or maybe more. m betting on the later along with better security/reliability measures considering its for JF17 single engine.

Hi,

There is a different perspective to engine life---. 2200 hrs is not a bad for an engine that meets and exceed Paf's requirement for the JF17 aircraft and that at a price of US$1 million a pop.

Now calculate the same for a european or an american engine that is 5 million a pop.

What is it's engine life---6000 hours---. So then which one is better---? Plus the Paf's techs and engineers have a free hand with the RD93 with repairs---maintenance and any upgrades or modifications.

Paf treats the russians right---they bend over backwards to make Paf happy + the success of russian engine on a Paf aircraft is an overall success of their engine building program---.

Hi,

There is a different perspective to engine life---. 2200 hrs is not a bad for an engine that meets and exceed Paf's requirement for the JF17 aircraft and that at a price of US$1 million a pop.

Now calculate the same for a european or an american engine that is 5 million a pop.

What is it's engine life---6000 hours---. So then which one is better---? Plus the Paf's techs and engineers have a free hand with the RD93 with repairs---maintenance and any upgrades or modifications.

Paf treats the russians right---they bend over backwards to make Paf happy + the success of russian engine on a Paf aircraft is an overall success of their engine building program---.
so true it doest make sense price difference is huge easily you can replace after 2200 hrs with new one

120277586_1032857580484624_3202417752755531197_o.jpg

Hi,

Sir
i believe u missed the context somehow (it was reply to someone's post about service life) and the sunday to sunday thing was a joke (maybe this gave u the wrong impression). Firstly, i am not against RD93. Considering all aspects it was the best we can could get at that time, rather its an exceptional thing to happen tat is considering all angels to the picture.
Having said tat, i wish JF17 block3 to go the path of RD93MA, i wont mind 2200hrs if the baby can perform better (again all angels need to be considered) especially the financial aspect above all. BMW lay kar ghar khare rakhnay say corolla behtar.
Also, one of the things i hate the most is, the strings attached crap. it has none of tat, thus all in for this option any day of the week. Again excuse me, i think the points u raised are all valid and i already know them and support the same.
i think the joke part got to u. i even added the crazy smiley but u missed tat.;)

None the less, Good POV. always nice to hear your thoughts. Always a thing or two to learn. appreciate it.

Sir
i believe u missed the context somehow (it was reply to someone's post about service life) and the sunday to sunday thing was a joke (maybe this gave u the wrong impression). Firstly, i am not against RD93. Considering all aspects it was the best we can could get at that time, rather its an exceptional thing to happen tat is considering all angels to the picture.
Having said tat, i wish JF17 block3 to go the path of RD93MA, i wont mind 2200hrs if the baby can perform better (again all angels need to be considered) especially the financial aspect above all. BMW lay kar ghar khare rakhnay say corolla behtar.
Also, one of the things i hate the most is, the strings attached crap. it has none of tat, thus all in for this option any day of the week. Again excuse me, i think the points u raised are all valid and i already know them and support the same.
i think the joke part got to u. i even added the crazy smiley but u missed tat.;)

None the less, Good POV. always nice to hear your thoughts. Always a thing or two to learn. appreciate it.

Hi,

My comments were neutral towards you. I just wanted to share my input---. I apologize if you felt that I targeted you---.

What RD93 has provided to the JF17 program is STABILITY---RELIABILITY---and a great after sales service---.

Hi,

RD93 is the darling of the pakistan air force---. The one that stood by it in its worst moments of distress---.

It made the Paf stand back on its feet---it made the Paf shine thru the times when some people had lost confidence in its abilities to be a potent machine---and enemies laughing at it.

It made the Paf as a recognizable power one more time---it made the Paf a full fledged modern day fighter aircraft fighting air force---.

Who would have thought 20 years ago that a russian machine would be the heart and soul of a pakistani fighter aircraft---.

so true it doest make sense price difference is huge easily you can replace after 2200 hrs with new one

Hi,

Well---look at it from and engineer's point of view---look at it from a "not a so well off financially" end user---.

So what it does for the engineer is to find ways to extract more use out it---to increase its life cycle---to look and modify and upgrade parts and equipment that enhances the performance of the machine as well the life expectancy---.

Hi,

Well---look at it from and engineer's point of view---look at it from a "not a so well off financially" end user---.

So what it does for the engineer is to find ways to extract more use out it---to increase its life cycle---to look and modify and upgrade parts and equipment that enhances the performance of the machine as well the life expectancy---.
True that in my manufacturing experience .First thing is the data and vulnerable points .Rebuilding Mirage engine should have necessary technical man power availability to under take RD engine .Im sure this is here to stay for at least 2 decades they will try to tune it .My opinion was based on financial stands point after all we dont need to re invent the wheel if it is available and cheap hell yea

So this is my problem Pac and catic show different ferry ranges 2000 vs 3000, I guess with drops it’s 3000 ans w/o on internal fuel it’s 1800-2000 km ??
The one on PAC site show the range in NM. The booklet in the above image uses km.

Why does this area looks burnt as if it was red hot?

View attachment 673922
Pitot tubes. Need to be heated at high altitudes to prevent icing. Turning the heating on the ground can burn them. They also are covered when the aircraft is parked to prevent dust/bugs from entering and blocking them

The following incident occurred because the ground maintenance crew failed to cover the pitot tubes and the aircraft instruments were giving erroneous readings:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom