What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1668195089728.png

1668195124610.png

View attachment 895251
A JF-17 taxies out to start their display at BIAS 2022. This is the second aircraft to be used, as the first one went unserviceable at the start of the demo slot.

They had looked at it and the overwing conformal fuel tanks was not feasible for the current airframe due to structural limitations.
Structural limitations? Please do elaborate. By overwing you mean running along the body (fuselage) of the aircraft like on the f16? Do u have any idea how overdesigned aircraft structures are? Before you start remember I did stressing on the wings of a320 and a little on the a330. Fighters envelopes require even greater over design.
I would dearly love to know how the Structural integrity would be affected in this region. Thank you

Top pic ... the guy on the left looks so stressed. Look how hard he is gripping his own arm

Structural limitations? Please do elaborate. By overwing you mean running along the body (fuselage) of the aircraft like on the f16? Do u have any idea how overdesigned aircraft structures are? Before you start remember I did stressing on the wings of a320 and a little on the a330. Fighters envelopes require even greater over design.
I would dearly love to know how the Structural integrity would be affected in this region. Thank you

Top pic ... the guy on the left looks so stressed. Look how hard he is gripping his own arm
Yes I do have an idea on how they are. You're not the only aerospace engineer on this forum. The structural feasibility was carried out by one of the pioneer engineers and they at the time did not find it feasible with the metallurgy that was available for current production.

Great, I test A320s and have some time on fast-jets(F-16s only) . I'll PM for a discussion.

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes I do have an idea on how they are. You're not the only aerospace engineer on this forum. The structural feasibility was carried out by one of the pioneer engineers and they at the time did not find it feasible with the metallurgy that was available for current production.

Great, I test A320s and have some time on fast-jets(F-16s only) . I'll PM for a discussion.

Cheers
Good to hear bro. Excellent. I am surprised by the pioneers findings as the material used in early bird design were standard aluminium structures. Very surprised. Feasability with Metallurgy? Rather confused now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom