What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1668005213304.png

1668005238250.png

1668005276500.png

JF-17 Thunder Static Display at BIAS22.

1668005947411.png

Note the Thunder is showcased with Chinese Air to Air Missiles along with Pakistani Indigenous Air to Ground Munition.
02 PL-5II
02 SD-10A
01 I-REK Glide Bomb
03 MK-82LD GP
03 MK-84HD GP
06 Practice Bombs (25/50lb)

Who cares. It is important that PAF participated, that's what matters. No need for useless brownie points to bring in IAF into the picture.
Of course it matters. They are competing in the same category of light weight fighter market. So not having the other guy show up is not just brownie points, not to mention India's soft power projection.

It's not a Suzuki Mehran that you can screw on bits and bobs. :D.
With respect bhai..I f around..but I have a masters in aircraft design from Cranfield and worked at DRAE Farnborough subsequently did stressing for BAe and research into combustion Chambers. So I know a little about flight envelopes. Engines and what can and cannot be attached and if a suzuki mehran can be fitted with wings for the PAF.
This place is a place to mess about. I have never learnt anything here.
Have a lovely day...plus I hope yoh enjoyed the cricket today

Thunder Pilots representing Pakistan Air Force at Bahrain Intl Air Show 2022 are:-
1. Wing Commander Mudassir
2. Squadron Leader Sibtain

Callsign : Thunder-1

View attachment 895041

View attachment 895040
Sqd. Ldr. Sibtain had the same rank when we bombed Indians during Op Swift Retort. Apparently this photo is also older. Is his current rank confirmed??

With respect bhai..I f around..but I have a masters in aircraft design from Cranfield and worked at DRAE Farnborough subsequently did stressing for BAe and research into combustion Chambers. So I know a little about flight envelopes. Engines and what can and cannot be attached and if a suzuki mehran can be fitted with wings for the PAF.
This place is a place to mess about. I have never learnt anything here.
Have a lovely day...plus I hope yoh enjoyed the cricket today
My little qualification in this field is that I can distinguish various fighter aircraft.
Must say have seen very few and far between aircraft supporting CFTs. Maybe 3 to 4 in numbers. PAF did experiment with their F-6s by designing what was called Gondola tanks.... Whatever benefits it may have added however it did stop the aircraft from applying its main air brake.
Missed the match however the result was certainly pleasing.
Take care. :cheers:

My little qualification in this field is that I can distinguish various fighter aircraft.
Must say have seen very few and far between aircraft supporting CFTs. Maybe 3 to 4 in numbers. PAF did experiment with their F-6s by designing what was called Gondola tanks.... Whatever benefits it may have added however it did stop the aircraft from applying its main air brake.
Missed the match however the result was certainly pleasing.
Take care. :cheers:
Bro you do an amazing job with your posts. Much love and respect.
One of the things in life I have learnt is - a problem is only a problem until a solution is found.
I see the very valid issue of airbrakes and Gondola on the f6.
For the jf17 the solution would be similar to the f16. The experience is there so they should experiment at least. Providing the PowerPoint is enough for additional fuel and stores on the underwing freed pylons.

The Pakistan Air Force delegation to the Bahrain International Air Show BIAS 2022 is led by Air Commodore Suleman Ghani. The Air Cdr has served as the Chief Test Pilot of the Thunder Project, and has extensive combat experience with the type as well, leading the JF-17 Thunder..

1668091188458.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom