What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Aren't new JF-17 sqn's coming up - at Chaklala or Rafiqui?

Chaklala already houses a few fighters and acts a FOB. It is at risk to Indian artillery fire to house full squadrons.

I have no clue about plans for Rafiqui. Probably will remain the stronghold for Mirages.

Why increase strength of No. 2 and not replace the maritime sqn mirages. Exocet stock can be sent to PN for use with Sea Kings.

No.2 squadron has a large area to cover. It is better to expand an existing squadron than to raise another squadron which costs money.

Are all JF 17s which were launched recently operationalized?
JF-17Bs?

89822949_3133403010024956_7958546989006716928_o.jpg

Really? I thought only PAF aircraft follow the regular 2P-pattern, while export birds have an own. Wasn't this at least for those to Myanmar the case:

View attachment 614067 View attachment 614068

Exactly.
I was thinking the same.
2P is always a Pakistan designed aircraft.

This is where it gets confusing. Myanmar had rubies, R-X

Where did you pick the foreign customer part? Just curious if its just a guess on your behalf or what?
Can see both 260 and 261 tails here at the sane ceremony where the twin seaters were delivered.

View attachment 614156
Here's the answer:

These aircraft have designation 'Neelum' like the Myanmar ones had 'Ruby', both are names of precious stones.

These serials are prototype ones, why the myanmar aircraft didn't get prototype serials was because they were delivered to china in disassembled form prior delivery.

These are for delivery to Nigeria.

Why would Pakistani serials be delivered to Nigeria ?

unless they are fast tracking them

I KNOW YOU PAF GUYS ARE WATCHING.

sell me a jf-17 please and thanks

Chaklala already houses a few fighters and acts a FOB. It is at risk to Indian artillery fire to house full squadrons.

Chaklala is 90-100 km from the LOC and all approaches are hilly/mountainous terrain.

Unless we are talking long-range MBRLs, it is out of range. And this is true for some major IAF bases as well - Halwara, Adampur, Sirsa, Nal-Bikaner, Uttarlai, Suratgarh, etc.

Chaklala is 90-100 km from the LOC and all approaches are hilly/mountainous terrain.

Unless we are talking long-range MBRLs, it is out of range. And this is true for some major IAF bases as well - Halwara, Adampur, Sirsa, Nal-Bikaner, Uttarlai, Suratgarh, etc.

True. Every movement at Chakala can be recorded by ground based radars inside India. Also, it is surrounded by the civilian population. A huge security risk for any military base.

True. Every movement at Chakala can be recorded by ground based radars inside India. Also, it is surrounded by the civilian population. A huge security risk for any military base.

One could try putting radar blocking airships like in the 1990s with nuclear installation. One could perhaps also dig underground and build deep reinforced bunkers. Strategically placed growth of fast growing tall trees can also help.

Back
Top Bottom